FOUR

Make U Proud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Dara stepped outside the Kim’s residence, she inhaled deeply and just as she was about to exhale, Kim Hanbin had to appear at her side.

 

“ You! How much did my Dad pay you to teach me?” He asked, his nose flared with irritation.

 

“ I’m not telling.”

 

“ Are you planning on torturing me for the rest of the school year huh?”

 

“ Just tell me how much he paid you and I’ll ask my Mom to pay you twice what he paid – “ He barely finished his sentence when Dara pulled up her hand to his face, silencing him. She fished out her phone and dialed a number.

 

“ Hello Hayi? You’re still at the park? Okay… I’ll go there now… I’m hanging up.”

 

Dara faced Hanbin and looked at him sternly.

 

“ Did you just hear what you said to me? “

 

“ You should be ashamed of what just came out of your mouth you know.”

 

Unknown to them, Mr. and Mrs. Kim were eavesdropping on their conversation.

 

“ Did you just hear what MY son said?” Mrs. Kim asked her husband.

 

“ She’s torturing my son. OUR son.”

 

“ Honey, look at how she disciplines him. She’s what he needs if we want him to graduate.” Mr.Kim reasons with his wife.

 

“ And don’t try to interfere. I have a strong feeling with her.”

 

 

SEOUL, THREE DAYS AFTER

 

 

“ Ah, these country girls sure try so hard to look Seoulified.” Seungri observes outloud which makes the panel around him laugh.

 

“ Look at that one sir.”

 

“ Her curled pigtails are funny… And look at her two friends!”

 

They let out a hoot of laughter when Jiyong walked in on them.

 

“ What’s seems to be funny that you’re not taking the audition seriously?” He asked in a stern voice when his eyes zeroed in on the TV screen. There he sees Dara making V signs with a tall boy right beside her and he also sees that Hanbin kid, scowling at her.

 

He took the remote and pressed the pause button.

 

“ Make sure that THAT girl will show up next week when we shoot at  Haedong Yonggungsa Temple.”

 

He threw the remote at Seungri’s direction right after.

 

Seungri caught the remote, surprised with what his hyung just said. “ You all heard the boss!”

 

“ What is that girls contact information?!”

 

“ Hurry up!”

 

BUSAN, KIM’s RESIDENCE

 

“ Kim Hanbin – Please stop acting like a child and get up from there.” Dara pleads for the tenth time.

 

Hanbin continued to ignore Dara as he remained lying on the floor, feigning sleep.

 

“ He leaves me no choice then…” Dara thought as she pushes the sleeves of her tracksuit up her arms. She crouched next to him then dragged him by his arm back to the table where their notes were piled when Mrs. Kim entered Hanbin’s room witnessing what Dara just did.

 

“ Young lady. My husband maybe paying you to teach our son.”

 

“ But let me remind you that he is paying you to teach him, not torture him.”

 

Dara bowed her head and bit her lip.

 

Hanbin looked from his mother to Dara. He saw how Dara bowed her head and how she didn’t say anything.

 

He took Dara’s hand in his and pulled her out of his room.

 

As he passed by his mother, he defended Dara.

 

“ Yah Mom! How can you talk to her like that?”

 

“ She’s just trying to teach me things.”

 

“ And this is how our relationship is.”

 

“ You should at least apologize to her.”

 

Mrs.Kim can hardly believe what she just heard. Her son was defending the girl who he claimed was torturing him.

 

“ But Hanbin-“

 

Hanbin and Dara was already byu the stairs when Hanbin shouts that they’ll be out.

 

Outside, Hanbin lead Dara to the playground that was just around the corner.

 

Dara tried to pull her hand away from him but Hanbin won’t let her.

 

He led her to the swings, made her sit, and he positioned himself at her back, gently shoving the swing.

 

“ You shouldn’t have let my Mom talk to you like that you know.” He breaks the silence.

 

Dara whispered her question, “ Do you really f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter