THREE

Make U Proud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Here you go oppa." Dara hands Jiyong his fish cakes.

The two were now in Haeundae market having their dinner. Sandara insisted that she'll pay for their meal, thus the result.

Jiyong wanted to tell her that he can afford a meal more than what she bought him now but decided not to. It would be rude and it has been long since he was able to eat at a local market.

 " I actually thought you were gonna bring me to the tourists spots here." Jiyong tells Dara in between bites.

Dara gulped down the warm soup the old woman serving them gave her.

" What for? You'll be moving here soon so tour it with your sister."

" You need to be familiar with the place itself, not where the tourists flocks."

Dara has toured him to the places she usually go to to either bargain for supplies, or just hang out.

When they were hanging out by the docks, Dara has told him that her father died when she was just 8 years old, leaving her and her mom to support themselves. 

He also found out that she has 2 part time jobs to help her mom financially and that she does odd jobs every now and then.

" Right." Jiyong agreed. He smiled at Dara as he chewed on his food.

" Don't move," Dara tells him as she reached out for him with her tissue clad hand which landed just below his right lip. 

" There was a piece of fishcake. You were that hungry oppa?" Dara teased Jiyong.

 Jiyong's phone suddenly rang. He looked at his caller ID and sees that it was Minzy calling.

" Excuse me." He turns around and talked to his baby sister.

" Oppa's doing fine Minzy... I'll be back in Seoul tomorrow... No- Don't listen to Seungri-Stop making her call you oppa Seungri!"

Dara waved at Jiyong as she excused herself so that she does not hear the rest of his phone call. Dara wandered around a bit and stopped in front of a botique.

" Wow. So those are the trends these days I guess." She suddenly became conscious of what she was wearing. She was wearing her gym pants and her gym shirt over her jacket which was at least three sizes larger for her. She then pocketed her hands inside the pockets of her jacket and felt the holes in them. She looks at how faded its color is. She looks at Jiyong who just finished his phone call and sees that he too is wearing what seems to be the latest in fashion, then looks back at the display she sees at the window.

" Must be nice to have something new, and warm." She tells herself then shrugs. No use feeling sorry for herself she says. She has things that other people don't. 

" You see something you like?" Jiyong asked. 

Dara shook her head," Nope-" then smiled at him. " Aren't you going to buy something for your sister?" 

" I know a souvenir shop just around the corner." 

Before leading the way, Dara took one last look at the jacket she saw on display which didn't escape Jiyong.

At the souvenir shop, Jiyong found a porelain doll that he knew his sister would like. He was about to pay for it when Dara stopped him by grabbing his hand.

" Unnie-" Dara suddenly squinted her eyes at the  lady, " Did you get a haircut?"

The lady beamed and patted the ends of her hair. " You noticed Dara?"

" The haircut suits you. You look younger."

Dara gushed. " but unnie- aren't you selling this doll for such a high price?"

The lady waved her hand at Dara," You know that $300 is a reasonable price." 

" Unnie-" Dara latched her arm around Jiyong's arm. " My cousin will be moving here real soon. Don't treat him like another tourist." 

Jiyong smiled at the lady and widened his eyes a bit, catching on to what Dara was doing. 

" Noona-" Jiyong called sweetly. " I'll have my friends from Seoul visit your shop and buy here." He tells her as he blinked innocently.

" Aisht! You two- you really are related to each other."

" Fine. You can have it for $200-"

" $175 unnie." Dara bargained.

Jiyong was caught off guard with Dara's last call that all he can do was smile.

The lady gave Jiyong another look and pinched his cheeks.

" Okay. $175. That's final."

 Once both of them were outside the shop, Jiyong and Dara can't help but laugh.

" So I'm now your cousin."

" How can you haggle so shamelessly?"

" Because she treats every other tourists the way she treated you."

" If I weren't there, she could have priced the doll up to &500."

" Well well. If it isn't money grubber Park."

Dara turned around and saw Hanbin.

" Scram Hanbin. You're not needed here."

Hanbin bares his teeth at Dara before turning at Jiyong. 

" What is she doing with GDragon?" Hanbin thought to himself as he cocked his eyebrow.

Jiyong caught the gesture Hanbin made and lifted his left eyebrow, challenging the kid called Hanbin to reveal his identity.

To his surprise, Hanbin chose to go the other way.

" Ahjussi. That girl loves money more than anything else in the world."

" I'd stay away from her if I were you."

Dara clenched her fists at her side, controlling her temper.

" Well not all of us has a District Attorney for a father."

" And that I only have my mother to support me."

Dara scoffed as she continued.

" I may lack money but at least I don't lack manners like someone I know."

" KIM HANBIN!"

Hanbin turned around at the sound of his fathers voice. After turning around, Hanbin felt like his cheek flew off his face as his father slapped him infront

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter