Chapter 6

Dirty Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Young Saeng came out of the practise room, out of the suffocating presence of the person who he loathed the most at the moment. Saeng stood on the balcony gazing at nothing in particular. Gradually he fixed his gaze on the sky scrapers raising high above the crowd filled streets of Seoul. These sky scrapers were so high and mighty and stood there with heads high throwing challenge to reach their heights and inspiring at the same time to be as tall as them in regard to a person's own self-esteem.

Self-esteem, that was where HyunJoong's strike hit him. The unexpected happened. HyunJoong never made him feel so low in all the time they came to know each other. They were never close. They shied away from each other. Young Saeng always had an unnerving feeling brewing in the pit of his stomach whenever he looked at HyunJoong's intense gaze. They were awkward but somewhere between all these they respected each other and had always admired the other for his respective qualities.

Very few leaders among all the Kpop groups taken into consideration could match up to HyunJoong's grandeur and skills of managing a group so efficiently for such a long span of ten years. HyunJoong had always been a very caring leader and had taken care of individual needs of every member of SS501 into consideration. He had always treated the members as his family. As for Young Saeng, he had always received a great deal of respect and admiration from that of the leader. Somewhere in his mind alongside respect and admiration, Saeng felt something else for HyunJoong. He failed to pinpoint the exact feeling but he knew he did feel something.

It came as an utter shock to Young Saeng when being caught by KyuJong, the mighty leader of SS501 belittled him and expressed his disgust over the kiss, which was initiated by HyunJoong himself. He did not deserve such a rude insult. He was in no fault. The one time he kissed him for the album, Saeng wouldn't deny that he liked it very much. But he suppressed that feeling because it was not healthy to feel that way about another man. So, he restrained his heart. This was the second time they kissed, though it was barely a kiss as HyunJoong just touched his lips in a soft peck.

Young Saeng cursed himself for recalling that fateful kiss. He felt even more cheap now that his mind was still wandering on that incident. What had he ever done wrong? Why did HyunJoong kiss him in the first place? Why did he deny it in front of KyuJong? Why he uttered such hurtful words stabbing Saeng's innocent heart? There were so many questions and so few answers. 

Tears welled up in Young Saeng's beautiful eyes. Saeng's heart wrenching sobs came out as water flowing out from a dam. He cried thinking of the unjustful behaviour of HyunJoong; he cried thinking of how his heart still beat for that person though he hurt him like no one else; he cried for the loss of his self dignity; and mostly he cried for being weak as to get hurt by their leader's deed. He cried his heart out on that balcony eyeing the sky scrapers which had always inspired him in a way. He felt his heart bleeding with the prick of thousands of needles that came in the form of HyunJoong selfish words, when the leader called him the most worthless creature.

Young Saeng lost track of time while he was wailing in self pity. Suddenly he felt someone touch his shoulder. He jerked and haphazardly wiped his tears away and turned back to see Kyu standing with a wide smile. But it faltered when the centre noticed how gloomy Saeng looked. It did not go unnoticed from the centre's sharp eyes the stains of tears on Young Saeng's cheeks.

Saeng quickly spoke to avoid being questioned when he found Kyu staring at him in an observant way. "Kyu, when did you all return? I was feeling exhausted and suffocated inside the studio, so I came out in the open air." Saeng stopped blabbering reluctantly as he could not make out anything more to say and looked downwards.

"I came to call you for lunch. We came a while ago," Kyu said in a calm tone.

"O...okay. Let's go then. What are we waiting for?" Saeng steped away from Kyu in order to enter the studio.

"Wait hyung." Kyu cut in with a grave tone stopping Saeng in tracks.

Kyu questioned, "Were you crying before I came in?"

"C-crying? W-why will I c-cry?" Saeng stuttered.

"How am I supposed to know if you don't tell me? Please hyung, say it...were you crying?"

Young Saeng lowered his head as again the uncontrallable tears overflowed the brim of his delicate eyes. The pain was too much to bear and Kyu's friendly concern brought out the pain in the form of endless tears.

Meanwhile, inside the studio, Hyungjun and Jungmin found their leader in the most miserable state they could ever recall. They found the leader wailing in a corner looking at his mobile screen. Young Saeng was nowhere to be seen. Measuring the weight of the situation, Kyu promptly went to look for Saeng and Hyungjun and Jungmin proceeded towards their leader. 

HyunJoong was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice that his dongsaengs had returned. Hyungjun slowly slid down beside HyunJoong and asked in a low tone, "Hyung, what happened?"

HyunJoong jerked as if struck by a lightening. He quickly switched off his mobile and tried to wipe out his tears, all the while feeling two suspicious eyes on him. "Nothing happened, Hyungjun-ah. When did you guys come back? Where is Kyu?"

Jungmin answered, "He went to look for Saeng."

HyunJoong nodded in understanding. He was about to get up when Hyungjun pulled him back. "Hyung, what happened? Why were you crying? And why did you hide your phone as if there is some secret in there?"

"I-I did not hide a-anything. It's late. We should start having lunch." HyunJoong said firmly though his voice sounded unsure, specially to Jungmin.

"Why were you crying? Did something bad happen?" Jungmin heard Hyungjun ask once again.

"Hyungjun-ah, I wasn't crying. Something went in my eyes. Also my eyes were watering because I was playing games on mobile continuosly.So, don't worry! " Saying this HyunJoong got up and hurriedly went to the other side of the room. Hyungjun looked at Jungmin who was eyeing their leader carefully.

Hyungjun enquired in a low voice, "Do you believe what HyunJoong hyung said?"

"No Jun, I don't. But we can't force him to speak. Let's wait for him to come around." Jungmin sighed. "Why is Kyu taking so long to search Young Saeng hyung?"

Jungmin's eyes were roaming around the room in order to spot KyuJong and Young Saeng. His mind was in turmoil. Jungmin had a feeling something went wrong during the time they were not in the studio. Hyungjun didn't notice but his sharp eyes caught it clearly what HyunJoong was trying to hide... it was a picture of Young Saeng. Now, the question was, why was HyunJoong crying seeing Young Saeng's photo? Was Young Saeng even aware of it? And the biggest question that was perturbing Jungmin was... What exactly was going on between the leader and the lead vocalist?

All these thoughts were clouding Jungmin's mind and he almost missed when Kyu and Saeng entered the studio. But he quickly caught up with them and reached where HyunJoong and Hyungjun was. Jungmin could sense an eerie silence embrace them. The thick tension between HyunJoong and Young Saeng was felt by Jungmin easily. His specualtion was apparently correct. There must be something which was disturbing them.

Lunch was a quiet affair with a few talks between Hyungjun, Jungmin and KyuJong. Young Saeng and HyunJoong both maintained absolute silence. None of them spoke a single word which made it evident that t

Please log in to read the full chapter