Chapter 15

Dirty Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Young Saeng enquired worriedly, "Hyun, who got in an accident? What happened?"

"Hyungjun," came the leader's reply and that reply shocked the other members completely.

The news was so shocking that it was hard for the members to comprehend that it really happened. Everyone just had one thought in their mind, 'why Hyungjun?' ; he was already going through such a difficult phase in his life which caused a lot of mental pressure on the maknae and now this physical injury would also become a hindrance on his way to recovery.

Jungmin gathered himself first and seeked confirmation, "Are you...are you sure that Hyungjun has had an accident? Who was it that called?"

HyunJoong sighed before speaking, "Sehun called. He happened to be there on the spot when Hyungjun had the accident."

"How serious is it?" The eternal centre was of course very much concerned as usual.

"I'm not sure. Sehun did not say much."

"Where is he admitted?" Young Saeng asked. 

"The hospital near our dorm. Kyu, call up the manager and ask him to inform the company. We gotta go right now." With HyunJoong picking up the leader attitude, the members quickly got to work.

In another ten minutes, the members were all inside the van and drove fast in the direction of the hospital. It was just Jungmin who was having some weird thoughts. It felt strange to him that last night as well as today, Sehun had been around Hyungjun. EXO's dorm was nowhere near SS501 dorm. Jungmin was thus, seriously thinking how it was possible for Sehun to frequently cross path with Hyungjun. The concert was one thing. But again in the morning they met somehow. How much of this was coincidental and how much intentional was what Jungmin was thinking.

However, Jungmin got very less time to ponder over these matters as HyunJoong's fast driving brought them to the hospital within a few minutes. The moment the van was parked, four of them stepped out of it and rushed towards the hospital. The hospital stuffs eyed them with curiosity and awe and receptionist almost chocked seeing SS501 members before her. They enquired Hyungjun's room number and took off to quickly get there.

When they reached the ICU, they saw Sehun was waiting there with a worried face. HyunJoong approached him since he was the leader and it was only fair since he was the one who talked to Sehun on phone a little while ago. "Did you speak with the doctors? What did they say? How serious is his condition?"

"Well...th...they were saying that Hyungjun hyung m...might need a surgery. His has a broken leg and a big head injury," Sehun was almost on the verge of tears while he described Hyungjun's condition. Jungmin of course noticed Sehun's change in attitude but he kept silent. This was not the right time to interrogate this junior idol.

The doctor came out of the ICU just at the same time. HyunJoong and Young Saeng approached the doctor to enquire after Hyungjun's condition. The doctor gave them as much assurance as possible and then asked them to come sign some paperworks which were to be completed before taking Jun to surgery. In the meantime, Young Saeng informed Jun's home. His mother and brother were on their way. But since it would take some more time for them to arrive, Hyungjun's operation was started. 

SS501 members were waiting outside the operation theatre patiently and praying silently for the whole matter to pass well. To their appparent surprise, Sehun also stayed back. Jungmin even assured him that he might choose to leave and when the whole procedure of surgery gets over, they would inform him about Hyungjun's condition. But Sehun refused to leave. He seemed quite determined to stay back untill the operation was over.

Halfway through the operation, came the manager of SS501 and shortly after him, followed Hyungjun's mother and his brother, Kibum. Each one of them were quite anxious to know the maknae's condition but the surgery was still on so nothing could be predicted as of right then. 

The time spent waiting outside throughtout the duration of the operation was one of the most toughest times in Sehun's life. He was worried sick about Hyungjun but all he could do was wait patiently. He could not even show his mental and emotional turmoil. For the first time, he knew how it feels when you are an outsider and not really wanted. He was only an outsider when it came to the SS501 maknae. The thought itself pained his heart as if it had been stabbed hundred times. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes but Sehun somehow controlled it. It was completely a different feeling and Sehun was exposed to it for the first time.

The surgery took place for two hours. These two hours were like decades for the people who were waiting for it get over. Everyone of them was very much anxious and worried after all. Finally the light went out at the top of the operation theatre and the doctor came out. All of them eagerly waited for the doctor to speak.

The doctor eyed their worried faces and then spoke, "Kim Hyungjun-shii's surgery went successful. He is doing well. We'll shift him to ICU now and watching his progress by evening we might assign him in a private ward, that only if he regains consciousness."

"When is he going to regain consciousness? Can you predict?" Hyungjun's mother enquired.

"Well ma'm, if everything remains normal then he should be awake in two to three hours at the most."

"Can we see him now?" asked HyunJoong.

The doctor replied, "After he is shifted to ICU each of you can take turns. We don't allow more than one p

Please log in to read the full chapter