Chapter 3

Dirty Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sleep never came easily to the centre of SS501, Kim KyuJong. He was the only member who never had problems to wake up early in the morning. He got habituated with it. He usually was the first to wake up and that's why Kyu had volunteered to start up the breakfast in their dorm. Mostly, due to their schedule, they had to have their lunch outside the dorm. Dinner was taken up by Young Saeng.

Young Saeng, the lead vocalist of SS501 had recently been the sole reason behind Kyu unable to get a night of peaceful sleep. Saeng had invaded his tranquil mind and had wrecked a havoc. Kyu had always possessed a soft corner in his heart for this hyung of his. Young Saeng, by nature, was shy and quiet and KyuJong, during the early days of being trainees, when Saeng joined the band later, reached out to him as a friend. Gradually on the part of Kyu, this simple feeling of friendship developed into something beyond it.

Then came "Dark Desire" which acted as a turning point in the lives' of SS501 members. The suppressed feeling inside KyuJong's heart began brewing like increasing number of water bubbles.

Young Saeng, atleast in the eyes of the centre, started looking very alluring suddenly. Acting in the negative role and playing the third angle between Hyunsaeng couple and Minjun couple, Kyu found out that he was falling in love unconditionally with Saeng. He felt a strange sensation every time his eyes fell on the older man. Kyu felt jealousy for the first time when it was announced, the otherwise subtle on-screen romance of Hyunsaeng would be brought to the forefront with a kissing scene.

KyuJoong and the maknaes were not on the set when HyunJoong and Young Saeng gave their shot for the scene. He would be forever grateful for that. He might have made his hyungs upset and the company too, if he would have been on the set that day because he might not be able to take in Hyunsaeng engaged in such an intimate manner. He saw the MV later and felt intense jealousy coursing through his veins like a blazing fire. He had this raging urge to pull them apart and lock Saeng in a secluded world, a world of their own.

But KyuJong knew it was impossible. Young Saeng was just doing what he was being instructed to do. It was nothing like Saeng was very excited to kiss the leader. To KyuJong, Saeng was still unreachable in a way. Kyu was well aware of the fact that Saeng possessed no similar feelings for him. Infact, observing Young Saeng's dating records, he seemed as straight as a scale. 

KyuJong's rational mind always urged him to give up on this forbidden feeling for Young Saeng but when did ever a love struck heart has behaved rationally! Love was blind and beyond rationalism. KyuJong helplessly fell for Saeng even more deeply with every passing day.

Thoughts after thoughts were crossing the otherwise tranquil mind of Kim KyuJong, the centre. He was on his bed trying to get sleep but it felt like sleep wanted him to suffer for long. Kyu noticed that HyunJoong came into their shared room. These days a vile feeling raises up his chest whenever he sees the leader. The easy friendship and brotherhood were somewhere lost between them. Kyu knew this feeling well... it was nothing but jealousy. He would have traded anything to be in HyunJoong's shoes because the leader landed the role of Young Saeng's lover. But the best he got to play was the stalking lover of Saeng who would lose ultimately to the hero.

'How unfortunate he could be...', bitterly thought KyuJong staring at HyunJoong.

"Is there something you want to say, Kyu?" The leader observing Kyu's stare asked in calm voice.

Kyu was thrown into reality with leader calling him. He responded, "No hyung. I was just about to sleep."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," replied Kyu and without giving any further chance to HyunJoong to make anymore querries, he turned and faced the wall closing his eyes, seriously trying to get some sleep because they had practise scheduled for the next day.

KyuJong last heard the slight sound of HyunJoong switching off the light in the room as he drifted off to dreamland.

It was past midnight when somehow KyuJong woke up feeling extremely thirsty. The clock on the nightstand displayed the time 2 o'clock. From the bed beside Kyu's, sounds of heavy breathing indicated HyunJoong was already deep in sleep. Kyu's throat felt like a parched twig. He needed to drink water. So, he got up from his bed and tip-toed outside his shared bedroom as quietly as possible, without waking up the leader.

The entire SS501 dorm was dark and silent. The hall, devoid of any room heater was too chilly at the moment when Kyu stepped out from the warmth of the blankets. It signified only one thing, that everyone was sleeping. What did he even expect? Its freaking 2am in the morning and after the whole day's promotion work, obviously the members needed as much sleep as possible because in a few hours again another long day full of activities would begin. For that, they needed energy.

All the while going through these thoughts, Kyu arrived at the kitchen and took out a bottle from a cabinet and poured a generous quantity of water in a glass and drank it. After replacing the bottle back in the cabinet, he started towards his bedroom. Kyu was in a daze because he was still sleepy, so when he collided with the person who happened to come on his way, both fell on the floor.

"Owww...Kyu, can't you watch?", came the whining voice of Young Saeng. Saeng whined seldom, though majority might think, Saeng being cute and a bit feminine in appearance might be whiney. But in actuality, he never used to whine. To hear him do so, was a rare sight and Kyu savoured it. It was Kyu's private secret, he actually loved it when Saeng acted cute and whiney.

"I was actually not watching...too sleepy to watch, hyung." Kyu replied.

Saeng rubbed his eyes cutely

Please log in to read the full chapter