Chapter 7

Choice.

A/N: The first part of the story is the scene shown in Episode 19 (Confirmation Kiss). If you have not watch Episode 19, I would recommend you do so before reading the rest of the chapter.


INDSIDE TAEK’S HOTEL ROOM (CHINA) – OCTOBER 1994

“Why did you lie?” Taek asked.

Deok Sun was stunned. She had accidentally revealed that their dream kiss was actually a reality.

“I was scared.” She said. “We are friends. What if it got awkward?” During this whole time, Taek eyes never left her with a single drop of tear flowing down from his face. Deok Sun glanced at him further adding that she couldn’t imagine them being awkward.

Taek wiped off the tears of his face. The room filled with tension.

Turning around to look at Deok Sun, he asked. “What about now?”

At that sentence, Deok Sun looked up at Taek, their eyes meeting each other. “It would be awkward now too. But..” Deok Sun hesitated, trying to think of a suitable answer.

However, her answer was not needed.

Acting quickly, Taek firmly placed his two hands at the side of the chair Deok Sun was siting and trapped her before he smashed his lips on her. Deok Sun was shocked, her eyes wide open. As Taek intensified the kiss, she closed her eyes and returned the kiss. Their kiss grew deeper and more passionate as they parted their mouth for each other, his hands moving her to grab her cheeks.

The two of them sat side by side, the blanket pulled up to their upper body so that they can keep warm. The silence was deafening as both of them was unable to speak after their passionate kiss, obviously feeling embarrassed. “It’s cold in here.” Deok Sun murmured to herself as she rubbed her hands against it each other. Noticing that Deok Sun was cold, Taek scooted closer and wrapper his arms around her, causing her to be shocked by his manly actions. “Is it warmer now?” Taek caringly asked as he looked into those beautiful eyes that belongs to him now. In return, Deok Sun leaned closer to him and laid her head on his chest, feeling his warmth. “No wonder Sun Woo always like to sleep beside you. You are seriously so warm.”

“I’m so happy right now.” Taek said. “Why?” Deok Sun asked as she fiddled with the button on his T-shirt. “Simply because, you’re here in my arms.” he replied instantly with a stupid smile plastered to his face. Upon hearing Taek’s confession, she sat up and turned to look at his grinning face. At that very moment where they made eye contact, she felt it. It was that exact same feeling that was missing when she was with Junghwan. It was the feeling of home.

To her, home is a place where she can relax after a tiring day of work. It’s a place where she can be herself without any judgement from others. It’s a place where she knew that she can always go to in times of difficulties. It’s a place where she can celebrate her achievement at. Most importantly, home is a place who will always be there for her no matter what happens.

“I’m happy too.” she said to Taek. “Why?” he asked.

“Because I’m back home.”

At her revelation, she leaned in and kissed him which he gladly obliged. It ignited a second round of passionate kissing. His hands instantly went to her waist as he lifted her gently (causing her to shriek a little) and placed her on his laps, with her straddling him. Her hands had now moved up to his hair, tugging it slightly now and then while Taek had his hands in her messy locks, occasionally roaming down her back. Becoming more daring, Taek moved his lips down to her jawline, planting kisses on her neck and throat as Deok Sun closed her eyes, obviously enjoying the newfound pleasure that Taek is giving her.

“Stay with me tonight.” he whispered before leaning in again to capture her lips.