Chapter Two - Jungkook

Class of Bangtan

Jin would be lying if he said that he wasn't scared. In fact, he was so terrified he felt like vomiting on the spot, even if it wasn't such a graceful thing to do. But who wouldn't be? He was in a totally new environment, far from what he was used to in Bomb University. A dark and heavy atmosphere lingered in the air. If it weren't for the obnoxiously large blackboard, one wouldn't be able to think this dirty place was a classroom. If anything, it looked more of an enormous prison cell because no single ray of light from outside came in. Only one lightbulb was intact, and it flickered every now and then. The chairs were all stacked together, but in a disorganized way. He looked over to the side and is that... a dead rat?!

Jin grew up rating things he found unpleasant from 1- 10.

Without a doubt, this room was definitely an 11.

'Well, this isn't that bad, since I'm not alone here.' is what Jin would normally think.

But for the first time in his life, he wished he really was by himself, because six scary-looking boys clearly wasn't what he wanted as company.


The blond had now let go of Jin's hair, and Jin fell flat on the floor, his head lowered and his fists clenched.

The blond noticed Jin shaking.

"Hey. Stand up!" he demanded in a serious tone. "It's alright now." he added, gently this time. But Jin didn't budge.

The blond smiled, tilting his head to take a peek at Jin's face, but Jin kept avoiding his gaze and still looked down on the floor.

The blond stopped smiling and gritted his teeth. He was clearly annoyed at Jin's sudden display of stubornness.

"Fine. If that's you want. I can't believe it." he grumbled, walking away from Jin.

"So difficult..." he grumbled one more time before laying down on the teacher's table. He took a worn-out textbook on top of a chair, and covered his face with it to take a nap.

An awkward silence filled the room.

"Wait, whaaaat? That's it? Seriously?" the one with orange hair questioned with a confused look. "No beating up, no initiation, no violence, no ANYTHING?!"

"No." Namjoon answered.

"This is unfair, Namjoon-hyung. I was beaten senseless when I first got here. Discrimination!" the orange hair whined. "Not to mention that I wanted to see some blood, too."

Namjoon lowered the book to show off his piercing eyes.

"Don't touch him." he said firmly, glancing at Jin. "He's been through enough already. We'll settle this tomorrow." 

"But-"

"I said NO." the blond boomed loudly.

And with that, he quickly went back to sleep.

 

The guy with orange hair stared into nothing with his mouth open, and the good-looking guy with green bangs hit his head hard.

"Ow! What the hell did you do that for, V?" 

"You just looked so foolish, I had to hit you." V mocked.

"Whatever." the mint-haired deadpanned. "This is lame."

"You heard Namjoon. No one touches the new guy. No one." a boy with light brown hair and a perfect set of teeth declared. "Well, for now." he added flatly, feeling a bit sorry for Jin, who still wasn't moving from his intial position.

The latter groaned in defeat, but did as they were told. They scattered and left Jin alone.

All of them except one. A youthful-looking boy with stylish black hair and large, doe eyes stood before Jin, observing him quietly with a blank look on his face.

Jin, thinking that his 'murderers' were now far away from him, raised his head cautiously, only to see a hand stretched out towards him. He stared at the hand before looking up to see who it belongs to.

"Do you need help?" a voice asked shakily. 

Jin was shocked at this sudden act of kindness, but he was even more shocked seeing such a young, well-groomed boy among this group of 'murderers'.

He let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank goodness. Someone with manners around here!" his voice cracked out of joy.

The boy remained stiff and expressionless with his hand still outstretched.

"Umm... my arm is falling asleep." he mumbled cutely.

"Oh, sorry about that." he replied, taking the hand of the boy. Jin struggled standing up, but the boy assisted him. 

Just then, Jin let out a hiss. His body still hurt from the blows he received earlier.

The boy's eyes widened. "Oh, you're injured. It must hurt..."

"Oh, no. It's no big deal! I'm okay now." Jin said reassuringly. "Thank you...?"

"Jungkook." the boy said, almost inaudibly. "My name is Jungkook."

"Jungkook. Jungkook, Jungkook, Jungkook." he repeated the name a few more times, letting it roll on his tongue until it sounded familiar. But it didn't. It's too complicated! he thought.

"Ah!" Jin exclaimed as he put his hands together, making Jungkook jump a little. "I got it. Kookie!"

"What?" Jungkook blinked innocently.

"From now on, I am going to call you Kookie." Jin explained. "Does that sound okay? If you don't mind, that is."

Jungkook averted his eyes from Jin, feeling his heartbeat thumping louder than before. "I..."

"I'm sorry, it's okay if you don't want to." Jin bit his lip. "What was I thinking...?"

"N-no, that's not it!" Jungkook stuttered. "I'm... I'm not entirely against it."

Jin's face lightened up. "Then, Kookie it is! Nice to meet you Kookie. My name's Seokjin, but you can just call me Jin."

"J-Jin..." Jungkook repeated shyly.

Jin pouted and crossed his arms together. "Um, I'm older, right?" 

"Oh, sorry. Jin-hyung." Jungkook corrected, making Jin satisfied.


The mint-haired boy felt his eye twitch at the sight of Jungkook staring intently at Jin as the older boy talks. He didn't know why it pissed him off. He couldn't see why he would feel frustrated just because those two were together.

Even though the mint-haired boy admits himself that he is ill-mannered, he always had a reason behind it, but now there wasn't.

"That kid is acting weird lately, don't you think, Suga?" the light brown haired boy asked him all of a sudden.

"What do you mean?" Suga pretended to pay attention.

 

"I mean, he hasn't said anything since this morning, but now he's chatting with the new guy like it's the most normal thing in the world. Do you think he's up to something? We should stop him..." he continued without a single pause.

"Do you see this, Hoseok?" Suga asked out of the blue, lifting up a piece of blank paper.

"What about it?" Hoseok scratched the back of his neck.

"It's a list of all the s I give." Suga tried to explain.

Hoseok looked like he was deep in thought. "But it's blank."

"Exactly."

"Ha!" Hoseok cried out. "I don't get it."

Suga groaned and turned his back from Hoseok. Never in all his years of living did he imagine that such an idiot could exist.

And besides, if there was someone he should be suspicious about, it wasn't Jungkook. It's the so-called 'puppy'... Right?

Suga took out his old, rickety Ipod from his pocket and wore a pair of earphones and let the music consume him, while Hoseok blabbered on and on like a broken parrot.

 

Meanwhile, two other people could be heard whispering in a dark side of the room.

The guy with green bangs raised an eyebrow suspiciously at Jin and Jungkook.

"What's going on between those two?" he asked, squinting his eyes.

"Something stupid." the orange haired boy furrowed his eyebrows.

"Eh." the guy with green bangs nodded in agreement. "Seems like it." 

The orange haired glared menacingly at Jin. "Will you just take a look at the new guy? Disgusting. How can he smile at a situation like this?"

"He probably doesn't know what he got into." the one with green bangs shrugged.

"It's still disgusting. His smile, I mean."

The guy with green bangs took a glimpse of the new guy. "You're just jealous 'cause he's handsome and you're not." 

The orange haired boy ignored the hurtful remark. "Did I hear that right? You think that guy's handsome?" he scrunched up his face. "Really, V?"

V remained silent, thinking up of something insulting to reply, but strangely, he was unable to say something back. Everytime he tried opening his mouth, the words would become stuck on his throat, and nothing came out.

"So you do think he's handsome. Ew. Don't talk to me."  the orange haired guy said, playfully pushing V away.

"Shut up, Jimin." V snapped, unamused.

"I can't believe it, you've got a crush." Jimin teased.

V felt his face heat up. "I don't have a crush on him, or on anyone. Shut up, will you?" he said angrily.

"Whoa, what's wrong with you, all of a sudden? You're so in denial." Jimin laughed nervously, slightly shocked with V's outburst. "It was just a joke."

V growled. "Just accept the fact that everyone looks better than you, shortbread."

Jimin stood up and grabbed V by his collar. "What did you say? And shortbread?! If you're going to call me a name, think of it properly!"

"I'm gonna call you whatever I want to call you," V smirked. "...shortbread."

Jimin rolled up his sleeves. "Why you-"

And with that, the two got into another fistfight for no reason, like they do almost every single day.


"What's going on between those two?" Jin asked, startled.

"Something stupid." Jungkook replied with a straight face. He rolled his eyes seeing his two immature hyungs strangle each other to death as the sun outside started to set, the sky looking gloomier than before.

 

 

*****

I hope you liked the second chapter!

I can't believe this got 100 subs in a matter of days i'M CRYINGGGGG.

Thank youuuuuu~ What are your thoughts so far?

Personally, I'm sad that this chapter was shorter than the previous one lmao

Again, thank you for reading!