Chapter Seven - Weird

Class of Bangtan

A/N: A late merry christmas and a happy new year to all! consider this as my gift for all of you~


 

After Jin and Hoseok had their little "heart-to-heart" talk, the days seemed to go by quicker than usual, and Jin continued to observe the happenings around him. He would be lying if he said he wasn't getting comfortable to the kind of life he had now - sometimes, he even finds himself enjoying things. A loud Hoseok bugging Yoongi first thing in the morning, Jungkook spitting out some weird about his addictions and fantasies once again, Namjoon's expected absence, V and Jimin's constant quarreling - all of this just seemed normal to him by now. Except for the fact that Jin was starting to have a serious case of hairfall, nothing was out of the ordinary.

Wait, did I seriously just consider this whole situation as 'ordinary'? God, I need to get out of this place. Sooner or later I'll be brainwashed. Jin reminds himself frequently.

* * *

But one day, something not-so-ordinary happened. Five people didn't show up in class.

That's more than half of the population of this class! Jin thought. This is bad. Even if this isn't a regular school, students still need to have a perfect attendance! I'll show them how its done. I'm not called a model student for nothing.

"What the heck are you narrating over there? You okay?" V asked casually. He was the only one besides Jin who came to class today.

"Holy Armani, did I just say all that out loud?" Jin gasped. "Again?!"

"Aru... many?' V tilted his head. "What kind of language is that? Are you high or something?"

""U-Um, that's right... where's Jimin? Why isn't he with you?" asked Jin, trying to strike up a conversation and change topics.

V, who was sitting across the room, just stared at Jin and scoffed. "I don't know~ I don't care~" he replied lazily.

"Huh? What do you mean you don't know? It's obvious he's in his dorm... Where else would he be?" Jin raised his voice as if he was nagging a kid.

"Geez, calm down mom. Why'd you ask me if you had the answer to your question?" V deadpanned - his tone of voice suddenly changing. "As if I don't know where he is."

"Uh-huh..." Jin said, brushing aside the 'mom' comment and trying to comprehend V's contradicting statements. So weird, he thought.

"What about you?" asked V irritatedly. "Where's the little puppy that worships you and follows you all day long?" 

"Puppy? Who?" Jin paused for a second.

Okay, maybe a little longer than a second.

V sighed, annoyed. "I meant Jungkook, stupid~."

After hearing those words, it looked like an imaginary lightbulb just showed up above Jin's head. "Oh. Right. I knew that..." Jin stuttered. "He said he'll be absent today for reasons I cannot explain. You know boys his age - they're very unpredictable with their raging hormones and stuff."

"What are you taking about...?" V frowned. "And how 'bout Suga?"

Jin gave the 'do-i-need-to-answer' look to V.

"Overslept, huh?" V mumbled monotonously.

"Bingo~" Jin sang. "But, you're wrong. Jungkook doesn't worship me. I think he's the type to worship action figures... And maybe ice cream?"

"No." V insisted. "He definitely worships you. He's obsessed. Honestly, almost everyone here is...."

"Huh? Everyone here is... what?" Jin blinked. "Please explain. I'm having a hard time deciphering you."

"You haven't noticed?" V took a deep breath. "Man, I thought you were smarter than that."

"What do you mean?" 

"Hmm. Here's a little hint." V paused and looked at Jin straight in the eyes. "Are you that great? Why are you shaking up my heart?" he asked seriously.

Jin's face suddenly felt burning hot, and his eyes started blinking unbelievably faster. "W-what do you mean by that? I don't even think-"

Suddenly, V's loud laugh echoed around the room.

"Oh my god. You should've seen the look on your face! Those were lyrics from a song, idiot~" and he playfully stuck out his tongue.

"Y-you're really..." Jin clenched his fist, feeling utterly humiliated and embarrassed that he fell for it. "And stop calling me an idiot. I'm your hyung, don't you know that?"

V paced around the room and covered his ears childishly. "Ugh~ So noisy... Old people really piss me off."

"EXCUSE ME?!" Jin shouted, feeling offended. "I am NOT old. I am only of marriageable age. What's with your attitude?!"

"Ah..." V chuckled a bit after seeing Jin's reaction. "You're seriously cute."

Jin just stood there, frozen. He couldn't believe his eyes and ears. "Am I hearing things? Did you just call me cute?"

"Why? I can't?" V asked, threateningly. 

"No, that's not it. It's just that you confuse me. You like to tease people  so much that I don't know what's a joke and what's not anymore. I don't know what to believe..." Jin shook his head. "I can't understand how your mind works."

V nodded. "Oh, I can't too! My mind is quite complicated, don't you think?"

Jin just stared at the boy again in awe. "You puzzle me so much. Unbelievable." he whispered. He may be the strangest one yet. thought Jin.

"You're weird too, you know." V pouted. "Don't act all normal, now."

"No, believe me, you're much weirder... Especially with all those jokes of yours." Jin commented lifelessly. "It's so tiring talking with you." he added, rolling his eyes.

V whistled. "You're fast, aren't you? You're right. All the things I say are just jokes. I'm... a born liar, you see." he winked.

"Oh." Jin sighed, relieved and at the same time disappointed.

I knew it. After all, why would he just suddenly call me that...?

"But," V continued. "You're really cute. And that's the truth. I won't deny that."

As much as Jin wanted to say something in return, his lips remained shut, and his knees felt weak. If a gust of wind passed by him right now, he'd probably fall off and hit the ground hard. He was so used to people complimenting him and calling him cute, but coming from V... he had no idea why he felt so flustered. Jin couldn't even say a single letter without biting his own tongue.

He is definitely weird. But what I feel like right now is even weirder. Come to think of it, now that I get a closer look at him, V actually looks pretty decent - handsome even - but he doesn't know how to take care of his looks. What a shame...

"What's the problem? Cat got your tongue?" V smiled smugly, interrupting Jin's internal monologue. Jin thanked the heavens that he didn't say his thoughts out loud this time.

"Y-you really have a way with words, huh?" was all Jin managed to mutter.

"That's all you have to say?" V's eyes widened. "Aish. I thought you were preparing a long- speech for me."

And he laughed again.

But this time, it sounded warmer. Genuine. Real.

Jin remained speechless. V's gaze pierced into his very soul. There was a hint of mischief in his eyes, but also... pain?

It was as if his eyes were telling Jin something, but what?

What made his eyes seem so mysterious and damaged? Jin was intrigued. He wanted to know more.

"Oh. I see." said V, breaking the silence. "I guess I kind of get everyone now."

"Wha-"

Before he could even finish a sentence, the younger was already in front of him - their faces only inches apart from each other.

For a moment there, Jin felt his heart drop to the floor.

V started to play with the ends of Jin's hair. He then innocently smiled like a child, and whispered:

 

"Will you... let me worship you too?"

 

 

 

 

---

AKKSKDKSLFLSL did I just write that

I WAS ORIGINALLY PLANNING TO WRITE A DIFFERENT MEMBER FOR THIS CHAPTER AND SAVE TAEHYUNG FOR LATER BUT IDK MAN. HE JUST SHOWED UP OUT OF NOWHERE.

TAEHYUNG HAs NOW JOINED THE HAREM! WOOT WOOT

...or did he? ;)

What did you think of the chapter?