Chapter Six - Hoseok

Class of Bangtan

 

 

The moment Hoseok woke up, he immediately thought that today was going to be a good day.

Today's a good day to take a bath, Hoseok thinks, as he got up from his bed and went into the shower.
Today's a good day to eat breakfast, Hoseok thinks, as he made himself a sloppy-looking omelette.
Today's a good day to wear my favorite shirt, Hoseok thinks, as he put it on.
Today's a good day to brush my hair up, Hoseok thinks, as he stood in front of the mirror and styled his hair.

Today's a good day, Hoseok thinks, as he opened the medicine cabinet behind the mirror.

"A good day to..."

* * *

 

"Jin-hyung, ever since yesterday, you haven't stopped teasing me in everything I do." Jungkook whined. "Are you going crazy?"

"Maybe I am." Jin smiled.

"Well, as long as it makes you happy, then..." Jungkook whispered.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"N-nothing... I'm going to the restroom." he mumbled.

"Want me to join you?" Jin requested.

"No, thank you. I'm not a kid!" Jungkook protested and went out.

 

"They're so pathetic." Yoongi muttered to Hoseok. "Why do they act like everything's normal? Ever since that Jin came here, things have become so different, and yet so normal at the same time... What the heck?"

"Yeah." Hoseok agreed. "Ever since Jin came along, I had to listen to you complaining thrice as much as you did before!"

"Not only that," Yoongi continued, completely ignoring Hoseok's remark. "The fact that Namjoon hasn't come in here for days is seriously bothering me."

"Why? Are you worried? Do you miss him?" Hoseok teased. 

Yoongi hit the back of Hoseok's head with his hand. "That's not the case. I have to report everything to him, and I have a few questions to ask him too."

"Everything... so you're going to report about the day you accidentally wore Jin's underwear too?"

"Okay, maybe not everything." Yoongi glared, signaling Hoseok to stop or he'll break his neck. "Dammit, why do I even share those things to you...?!"

"Well, about the other important stuff..." Hoseok said while rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm 99.99% sure Namjoon knows about them already. You know how he is."

"Yeah, I know how he is, but at the same time I don't. He's so unpredictable."

"He knows what he's doing." Hoseok reassured him. "It'll be okay."

"Hmm." Yoongi frowned.

"Suga... Are you doubting him?"

"I can't say for sure..."

Hoseok sighed. "Well, whatever your decision may be, I still trust Namjoon." 

Yoongi remained silent for a second. "So you believe what he said? That Jin is harmless?"

"Well, in a way." Hoseok answered. "I guess... it's both a yes and a no." he added.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, I believe that this guy can't lay a finger to any of us, but..."

"But?"

Hoseok shook his head. "Forget it."

"What the hell man. You can't leave me hanging like that. Only I can do that." Yoongi rolled his eyes.

Hoseok stuck out his tongue cutely. "Sorry,  it was a stupid thought~ Nothing important!"

"Whatever. I'm sick of this day. I'm gonna go hibernate or something." Yoongi huffed.

"See you in dreamland, Suga~" Hoseok said, blowing a flying kiss towards Yoongi.

"Go die." Yoongi muttered, as he stomped out of the classroom.

"If I die, I'll drag you down with me! We'll be together forever!" Hoseok cooed, but Yoongi ignored him and continued walking.

"Hey Yoongi, where are you going?" Jin asked just before Yoongi closed the door. 

Yoongi felt his heart jump with the sudden mention of his name. "W-Where else do you think I'm going?"

"No, I mean, you just got here... Maybe you should stay a bit longer." 

"That's none of your business!" Yoongi shouts, as he slammed the door.

Jin pouted. "Hmph. Must be a bad hair day."

Hoseok giggled. "Well, you know how tsunderes are~"

"Oh, you were here." Jin turned his head. "Hoseok, right?"

"That's me!" Hoseok beamed. "Can you believe this situation? I finally have you all to myself~"

"What?"

"Oh, that reminds me! I never really introduced myself to you yet, have I?" Hoseok asked.

"Y-yeah..." Jin replied cautiously.

"I'm Jung Hoseok! I like to dance and sing, though I'm no good at doing any of those! Lol."

"Pfft...Did you just say lol out loud in real life?" Jin snickered.

"Lolololololol ikr lmao rofl lololololol" Hoseok said monotonously.

The moment Hoseok said that, the two of them burst out laughing - the kind of laugh where you can't breathe anymore. Tears started coming out of Jin's eyes, and his stomach hurt.

"O.M.G. I made you laugh! This is turning out to be a good day indeed." Hoseok squealed.

 

"I hate you!" Jin exclaimed after he composed his self.

"Eh??!!?!!? But why? Just when I thought I had a chance to become closer to you." Hoseok pouted.

"No... I hate you for making me laugh like this. My real laugh sounds horrible." 

Hoseok gasped. "What? I think your laugh sounds adorable. I've never heard anything like it. You should laugh like this more!"

"Do you really mean that?"

"Yeah!" Hoseok nodded passionately.

"Thanks... I like your laugh too." Jin smiled. "I haven't laughed like this in so long. Thank you, Hoseok."

"Oh no." Hoseok clutched his chest and fell to the ground dramatically.

"Hey! Is something wrong?" Jin rushed to Hoseok and sat beside him. "Does your chest hurt?!"

"Y-yes..." Hoseok replied as if he was out of breath. "...because hearing you say that makes me so happy that I got a heart attack!"

Jin slapped Hoseok's chest playfully. "Yah, I was sincerely worried there for a second. Don't play jokes like that..."

"Sorry, I thought you were going to like it... I guess not! " 

"So you're the joker of the group, huh?" Jin asked.

"You could say that. I just like making people smile. I don't like seeing other people frown or cry! We should just spread happiness, don't you agree?"

"Is that why you're always around Yoongi?"

"Yoongi?" Hoseok tilted his head. "Oh, you mean Suga. I'm surprised he lets you call him that. And you noticed? Suga almost never smiles. I want to make him laugh, too. He reminds me of someone I know. Maybe that's why I'm so attached to him...? I seriously can't leave that guy alone!" 

"Oh my. I ship the two of you now~" Jin elbowed Hoseok.

Hoseok raised an eyebrow at him. "What?! You're weird!"

"You're weirder." Jin teased.

"You know, I think we'll have no problem getting along!" 

"I think so too!" Jin grinned. "Ah~ I wonder why it's so easy to talk with you?"

"Is it because we're similar? Omo!" Hoseok smiled from ear to ear.

Jin laughed. 

But just then, the atmosphere changed. There was a cold silence.

"Hey, Hoseok. Let me ask you one thing."

"What is it~?" Hoseok sang.

"Tell me. Why are you so happy all the time?" Jin asked seriously.

Hoseok didn't answer.

"Why are you happy?" he repeated.

Hoseok chuckled nervously. "Wh-What kind of question is that? I just... don't see the point in sulking or getting mad."

"Is that so? You know, someone once told me that when you experience happiness all the time, even when it's no longer necessary, a great loneliness will come upon you."

"Why are you telling me this?" Hoseok's tone suddenly changed. "I don't understand you."

"I'm just worried. Ever since I came here, I observed all of you. I watched each and every one of your moves. And you..." Jin looked straight into Hoseok's eyes. "You disturbed me the most."

"Hey-"

"You were always smiling, and you were always laughing." Jin squinted his eyes at Hoseok. "It got to the point that everytime I saw you I wanted to puke. Everything about you just felt unnatural and unsettling. It bothered me to no end."

Hoseok didn't say a word. His lips were formed into a straight line.

"And now that I finally got to talk to you, it only raised my suspicions of you even more." Jin furrowed his eyebrows. "It's as if you're always smiling, but never happy. No matter how hard I try, I can't see through you... Just what kind of person are you? "

"WOW." Hoseok chuckled, but this time, it felt different. "I should be the one asking you that, Kim Seokjin."

"What?"

"I thought we were similar... but turns out I was mistaken. It seems like you are someone much more dangerous than I thought you were." 

"Hoseok, I am not dangerous." Jin remarked. "I'm just-"

"The fact that had the guts to say all this right in front of my face when you know absolutely nothing about me makes you a very dangerous man, Jin. I'm surprised you haven't realized that yourself." Hoseok smirked. "Or have you?"

Jin looked down on the ground. "That's-"

"Jin-hyung, I think I forgot my-" Jungkook stopped talking when he saw how close Jin and Hoseok were to each other. "Um, did something happen?"

"Oh my, Jungkook. You're here~!" Hoseok exclaimed. "What took you so long? What did you do inside the bathroom?"

Jungkook's face turned into a bright shade of red. "Why should I tell you?"

Hoseok sulked. "Ever the cold maknae... I'm hurt~"

Jungkook noticed Jin's head lowered on the ground. "You... What did you to do Jin-hyung?!" he growled.

"Relax, little one! We were just talking. Right, Jinnie-hyung?" Hoseok winked at Jin.

"J-Jinnie hyung?!?!?!?" Jungkook cried out, feeling betrayed.

"He's right, Jungkook. We're friends now. More or less." Jin smiled towards Hoseok.

Hoseok's eyes widened as Jin said those words.

"Huh?! I left for 10 minutes and suddenly you're friends with him? What?!" Jungkook shouted.

"Friends, huh?" Hoseok hummed to himself, as he felt his chest tighten this time for real. "That... sounds nice."

"I'm so confused right now." Jungkook grumbled.

"Oh! I just remembered that I have to take care of something! Sorry~ I have to leave early today. Then, later!" Hoseok waved.

Jungkook turned to Jin who had a peculiar expression on his face.

 

"...Just what the hell happened in here while I was gone?" 

 

* * *

 

As soon as Hoseok went back to his dorm, he plopped down on his bed. The little talk he had with Jin tired him out.

"He must be insane~" Hoseok says out loud to nobody. "He says he couldn't see right through me, when in fact, he's the only one who's been able to do so..."

Hoseok stands up, approaches the medicine cabinet once again, and  reached out for something in it.

 

Right, Hoseok smiles faintly. Today's a good day...

...to die.

 

---

hi there! here's a super fast update to celebrate Jin's birthday! 

and what better way to celebrate than with 2seok???? yay!

i'm so shocked that this trashy fic has gained 320 subscribers... thank you all so much! ;-;

who do you think is up next? Jimin? Namjoon? Taehyung? Mario?

I hope you comment your thoughts and suggestions below! ^^ reading them always cheers me up.

later~