Chapter Five - Learning

Class of Bangtan

It’s been quite a while since Jin first came to the peculiar class, but to him it felt like years had already gone by. Even so, he somehow gotten the hang of it, and is slowly finding out certain things bit by bit.

First, Jin learned that although the place may seem like a class, there are no teachers to teach them anything. In the past, Jin would have been glad not to have any teachers in school, but things are different now.

Second, he learned that they can come and go in class as they please. He observed that one of the boys – Namjoon – was almost always absent, yet it seemed like everyone respected him.

Third, he learned that if they did attend class, their dismissal would be every 6pm, though some days the other boys just leave whenever they please.

Fourth, Jin learned that each of the boys had rooms of their own in a dormitory nearby which is only a walking distance from the classroom, and is still within Cypher Academy's borders. He was also offered a room of his own, but he refused, saying that staying at Yoongi’s dorm made him feel at ease. Of course Yoongi protested against this decision with all his might, but in the end, what Jin wants, he gets. And so, this most unusual pair somehow became roommates, and ever since then, the messy dorm became nice and clean, and Yoongi’s once peaceful mornings turned loud and frustrating.

And fifth – the most dreadful thing of all – is that they cannot escape this place. All of the boys wanted to leave, but no matter how hard they tried, they always failed to get out. That’s what Jungkook told him.

This information is all that Jin was able to gather in a week, and for him, it wasn’t enough to suffice his curiosity in this mysterious place he was thrown into.

But if something intrigued him more that this place did, it was his ‘classmates’. There were so many questions which surrounded Jin’s mind about these boys. He couldn’t help but feel an eerie sensation whenever one of them made eye contact with him. These people were no ordinary students, and he knew that. Even Jungkook, whom he considered his friend, was shrouded in a lot of mystery as well.

But for now, he decided not to meddle with less important things like those. He had to figure out why he was here, why such a horrible place was hidden inside Cypher Academy, and how he can get out of here once and for all.

* * *

Today was a Sunday. Normally, on Sundays, Jin would be out getting his nails done, or shopping in his favorite mall, or treating himself to the finest restaurant there is. But today, instead of getting his nails painted prettily, his nails look damaged for he was biting it out of anxiety. Instead of shopping more clothes, he was trying his best not to use up all of the clothes he had left. And instead of eating his favorite steak in his favorite restaurant, he’s eating cup noodles, a bag of chips, and drinking water straight from the sink. If this carries on any longer, my skin will die, my hair will die, I will die! I can’t bear to think of that! My beautiful face does not deserve such a horrible fate. Jin thinks. He had come to a conclusion that though escaping may be important, his bewitching good looks is still his #1 priority in life.

“Ya, are you done? I hope you remember that someone else lives here and that someone, who is by the way the original resident of this place, has to use the toilet as well. You’ve been in there for hours.”

“Just a sec, Yoongi. I’m almost done~” Jin replies as he applied a small amount of BB cream on his face.

“And how many times do I have to tell you?” Yoongi whines. “Don’t call me Yoongi. It creeps me out.”

Jin suddenly opened the bathroom door and got out, startling Yoongi, who was leaning on the door. “What’s the point of telling me your real name if I won’t use it, Yoongi?” he smiles.

“Why do I even bother? Seriously…” Yoongi groaned.

“That’s a good boy.” Jin whispered as Yoongi closes the bathroom door.

“I heard that!” Yoongi shouted once he was inside. He continued to mutter quietly and occasionally curse.

Jin chuckles. He liked seeing Yoongi’s reactions to what he says. “I’ll be off!” he cheerfully said.

“Yeah, good riddance.” Jin hears Yoongi mumble in the bathroom.

* * *

“Good morning, Kookie.” Jin greets Jungkook, who was all alone in the classroom.

“Hello, Jin-hyung. You’re here late.”

“I… had some serious matters to deal with.” Jin said, caressing his precious face.

“How about Suga-hyung?” Jungkook asked. “Where’s he?”

Jin frowned. “Hmm. We’ll see if he comes.”

“So, how is it like rooming with Suga-hyung? Why don’t you want your own room? Aren’t you scared?”

Jin shook his head. “I’m not scared. It’s surprisingly comfortable staying with him! He’s a bit hot-headed, but I think he’s a softie inside.”

“Suga-hyung… A softie?” Jungkook shivered as he said that. “I’m having a hard time believing that, but okay.”

“Anyway, why is no one here yet?” Jin asked, looking around.

“Maybe because it’s a Sunday? No one really wants to attend school on Sundays.”

“I suppose… if this was a normal school, that would be the case. But we have nothing else to do but go here.” Jin complained.

“Yeah. I get bored a lot. Good thing I have my phone with me so I can play games.” Jungkook said, shaking his phone a little.

Jin gasped. “I wonder where mine is? The huge weird guy took it away from me.”

“I was able to hide mine. I don’t think anyone else have theirs with them. Hehe.” Jungkook proudly states.

“Wait, so you can send texts and make calls on that thing?!”

“Um, yes? It IS a phone.”

“Oh my god Jungkook. All this time, you were the answer!”

“Wh-what? What do you mean, hyung?” Jungkook wondered, flustered.

“Huh? I mean, your phone is the answer for our escape!

“Oh…" Jungkook made a sad face.

Jin continued. “You could just text someone to get us out of here. That’s it! I could contact my friends and my fath- “

“Jin hyung? Is something wrong?”

Jin sighed. “Nothing. I just wondered if contacting my father would do me any good, as he was practically the one who sent me here.”

“I don’t know about that… but I tried contacting other people and even the police once, but the signal down here is just too bad. There’s no wi-fi too. Geez. You would’ve thought a school like Cypher Academy could at least afford internet, but noooo. We’re kind of like their students too, you know? We don’t deserve such harsh treatment! What kind of school nowadays doesn’t have free wi-fi? I know we don’t pay any tuition to stay here, but still, we have our rights as a-”

Jungkook stopped talking when he heard Jin laugh. “Hyung, why are you laughing?”

“That’s… the first time… I heard you talk so much…!” Jin said in tears as he laughed.

“It’s not funny…” Jungkook pouts. “No internet means no updates on any games I’m playing. It’s a serious matter!”

“Sure, sure~” Jin sang playfully, wiping his own tears away. “I never knew you had a side like this, Kookie. I guess you really are still a kid.”

Jungkook frowned. “You’re only a few years older than me. That doesn’t make me a kid. I'm a man.”

“Aigoo, Jungkookie is so adorable.” Jin cooed, patting Jungkook’s cheeks gently.

“I-I’m gonna go back to my room.” Jungkook ran away, hiding his face which was red and hot from blushing.

“Hey, you’re leaving me? What did I do?” Jin asked himself as Jungkook left, leaving him confused.

 

 

-

are things going too slowly? i'm so sorry ;;

but for now i think this is okay~ the more serious and deeper stuff are coming their way. be ready!

which ship would you like to see next? i promise all of them will have one chapter with jin. ohohoho

i hope you can leave a comment below. i love reading your comments. they always cheer me up ^^