Chapter 7.5 - Pillow

Class of Bangtan

A/N: Double update alert! Please read the chapter before this if you haven't yet.

Update again because this guy won at the poll I made back then with a whopping 40 votes! Who could it be?

 


 

 

Jin could hardly sleep that night. No matter how much he tossed and turned, he would still find his eyes wide open. He couldn't stop thinking about V, and the words he spoke with his deep raspy voice echoed again and again inside his mind...

"Are you that great?"

"Why are you shaking up my heart?"

"Will you let me worship you too?"

No, no, no! Jin repeated more than a million times in his head. Don't let his words affect you, Kim Seokjin! Why am I affected in the first place? This is totally unprecedented! and he continued to squirm around in his bed, making unnecessary, stifled noises.

Yoongi, who used to be a heavy sleeper before Jin came around, can now hear and feel every little sound the older makes, and it bothered him to no end. He's been oversleeping even more lately since he's somehow become overly sensitive when it comes to Jin and the noises he made.

Yoongi hears his every breath, sniff, sigh, shudder, shuffle and snore - it drove him crazy to the point where he wanted to cry and give up.

Will he ever be able to get his precious sleep back?

"Please..." Yoongi whined groggily, putting a pillow over his head. "Please stop."

Jin was startled to hear Yoongi's voice in the middle of the night. He squinted his eyes at the bed on the other side of the wall to see if Yoongi was awake. "Did he just say please?! He's... sleeptalking?" he whispered to no one.

"I am not sleeptalking, you donut." Yoongi whispered back angrily, throwing his pillow at Jin's face. "Cut out the squeals! It's driving me INSANE."

"I'm sorry..." said Jin pitifully, throwing his pillow at Yoongi in return. "It's just that, a lot has been bugging me lately. Do you want to hear about it?"

"No. Not at all." replied Yoongi. "So shut up, you piece of earwax." 

"Okay, hurry up and listen." Jin said, hugging Yoongi's pillow and sniffing it. "Wait a sec. Your pillow smells nice. It kinda reminds me of my grandfather... in a good way!"

"What?!" Yoongi then took a whiff on the pillow beside him. "Ew. Why is your pillow here? Give mine back!"

Jin and Yoongi both threw the pillows back to their respective owners at the same time.

"What the hell was that strong smell anyway?" asked Yoongi with his nose scrunched up once his own pillow was back in his arms.

"Chanel N° 5!" Jin hummed to himself, smelling his own pillow. "You didn't notice?"

"I didn't. Now go on with that weird story of yours." Yoongi said, letting out a large yawn.

Jin's face lit up. "So you did want to hear it!"

"Eh. I'll fall asleep anyway. I don't care." said Yoongi.

"Then Yoongi, are you close with V?" Jin asked out of the blue.

"Hey. I thought you were going to narrate your life story, not ask questions about mine."

"Oh, this will all connect later on. Trust me." Jin said cheekily. "Please answer, Yoongi~"

"Fine! Don't do that... that thing." Yoongi shuddered as he drew a mental image of Jin doing aegyo in his head.

Is he really older than me? He thought.

"V and I are not close at all. I think that answers your question." Yoongi answered lifelessly.

"Are you even close to anyone in here? Hoseok, perhaps?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "We have known each other for a longer period of time... but no, we are not close."

"Then, are you close with me?" 

Yoongi was suddenly at a loss for words. 

"Yoongi?" Jin called.

"O-of course not. What did you think I'd answer?!" Yoongi stuttered, squeezing his pillow tighter and tighter, as if he was squeezing his own heart.

Jin giggled sheepishly. "I know, I know... I was just hoping, I guess."

"Does this still have any connection whatsoever with your little story?" Yoongi grunted.

"Oops." Jin slowly bit his lip. "Sorry. I got out of track. Why do I always end up asking questions...?"

"Beats me."

"Anyway," Jin continued. "A while ago, no one came to class."

"Really? That's great..." Yoongi nodded.

"No, it was terrible!" Jin strongly disagreed. "But, V was there. And we sorta talked."

"I see." Yoongi plainly said, clearly not interested.

"And he started talking about things like obsession, puppies, worshipping, and hearts... Weird stuff like that. I couldn't catch up!"

"Uh-huh." A half-asleep Yoongi managed to say.

"And then he asked me if I'd allow him to worship me... Like, I know my looks are beyond godly, but it's not like I actually want to be god! It was sooo weird." Jin babbled on. "Don't you think so? I mean, what was that all about? He wasn't being serious, right?"

But the moment Jin turned to Yoongi, the boy was already fast asleep - his cracked, pink lips slightly parted and his thin lashes twitching from time to time. 

Jin let out a tired sigh and smiled at the sight of a grown man sleeping in a baby-like position. 

 

 

"Good night, Yoongi. Sleep well."

And he did.

 

 

 

---

Nothing really major happened it's ok if u don't read it tbh

Let's just say these two have cute small convos like this every single night before they go to sleep~

I can't write everything they talk about at night though... So I'll leave the rest for you to imagine ;)

(hmm this makes me wanna do a yoonjin spin-off series)