Chapter One - Welcome

Class of Bangtan
 

"Seokjin. You're here. Go upstairs and pack up. Do it quick. And change your clothes."

Jin, who just came home from his exams and still haven't put his bag away, curiously raised an eyebrow at his father, whose eyes were not meeting his. But he obeyed anyways. "Yes, father."

"You'll know when you get there." his dad sternly said, as if he read Jin's mind right that very moment.

"...Yes, father." repeated Jin carefully, as he walked to the stairs.

"That was creepy." Jin whispered to no one once he was alone.

 

His dad always manages to surprise him. Even though they've lived together all his life, there's still more to know about him. They ate breakfast and dinner together, went to the movies together, discussed things over and over together, yet somehow, Jin felt that he barely knew his dad. He felt like there was always something missing, something was off.

 

He went to his room and started packing up. What do I pack up, though?, he thought. I don't even know where we're going. 'You'll-know-when-you-get-there' my face. Should I bring sunblock? Or perhaps my sweaters and jackets? Will it be hot or cold there? I don't know what kind of moisturizer I should bring. I don't want to pack too much... 

He scratched his head and silently complained each time he put something in his bag. 

After a few more mumbles and grumbles, he was finished.

 

"Father, I'm ready." he faintly said, as his dad was on the phone with someone.

His dad didn't even look at him and just whispered something to whoever he was talking to before hanging up.

"Get in the car. And fast." he said to Jin. Jin, choking up all his worries, got in the car which was waiting for him outside. The driver opened and closed the door for him.

As the engine started, he became more and more suspicious. He didn't know this driver, and his father still hasn't come out of the mansion.

 

"Excuse me, but my father's still inside. Let's wait for him."

"He won't be coming, young master."

"Wha-"

Before Jin could say any more, the car sped away. Feeling defeated, he looked at the side mirror and saw his dad standing outside the house, just emotionlessly watching him leave with the same serious look he's had in his face for years. Figures, Jin thought.

The driver was of no help and never answered his questions. Jin sank into his seat and felt his heart tighten. 

This isn't THAT bad, he said to himself. Father could be sending me to a trip all on my own for all I know... I'm old enough to, anyway.

As he convinced himself with a million reasons why he shouldn't worry, he almost banged his head on the window as he remembered something he forgot to bring.

He wasn't able to think of anything positive after that. 

 

***

The vehicle came to a stop.

"We're here, young master."

Jin, who was almost about to give up on life suddenly felt a jolt in his body. He didn't even realize that he had dozed off. 

"Here? Here where?" Jin rubbed the drowsiness off of his face.

As expected, the driver didn't answer, and just went outside to open the car door for Jin.

Jin looked around his surroundings before he took a step outside. He was still in the city, that's for sure, which kind of dissapointed him. His fantasies about going on a little vacation by himself and possibly with the middle-aged unknown driver were crushed in a second.

The car door opened, and a surreal ray of light flashed before Jin's eyes. All he was able to see for 10 seconds was pure white, and nothing else.

"What the Gucci?" he managed to say with only one eye open.

Somehow, he was able to recognize a gate-like silhouette. After a few more seconds, his eyes adjusted to the blinding light. It was indeed a gate, but it was no ordinary gate. It was made of gold that shone like crazy when hit by the sun's rays. 

He looked at the sign next to the gate.

 

CYPHER ACADEMY
School of Arts and Music

 

"THE Cypher Academy?" Jin's eyes widened. "Why the Fendi are we here?"

The driver remained silent for a moment, then opened his mouth slowly. The wait for his answer was too intense for Jin that he started biting his nails. 

"WELL?" Jin's voice cracked. "For the love of Louis Vuitton, just say it!"

"Oh, they're here." The driver blankly said as he stretched his neck a little to see what's behind Jin. 

"Who's here?" Jin rolled his eyes. "Can anyone here listen to me or AT LEAST pay a single attention to me?"

Jin suddenly felt an unfamiliar hand place itself on his shoulder. He shuddered.

"Is this Kim Seokjin?" A deep, manly voice asked, putting some pressure on his grip at Jin's shoulder. Jin gulped and dared not to move. He tried his best to not look at whoever was behind him.

For the first time, the driver answered a question. "Yes. He's all yours."

"Excuse me?!" he raised his voice at the driver. Jin had never felt so ignored, attacked, and confused like this in his whole life. "Just what is happening here? That's it, I'm calling my father." he added, taking out his phone from his pocket.

This was a pretty stupid move to make, and the creepy man grabbed Jin's hand and took his phone.

"Hey! How rude." Jin turned his head to face the man, and saw that he was relatively taller, older, and much, much powerful than him. There was no way out.

"Now, now, Kim Seokjin, there's no need to call your daddy." the man said, handing over Jin's phone to another guy who was just as large. The creepy man was not alone. He was with two other equally creepy men.

"You guys take this boy's things to his room." The man ordered.

"Wait a second!" Jin struggled, looking back at the driver, only to see that him and the car were nowhere to be found. 

His heart sank as he stood outside Cypher Academy with a creepy man unromantically holding his wrist. 

 

Jin's thoughts ran wild.  

Am I being kidnapped? Holy Chanel, what am I supposed to do? And why would I be kidnapped? Did I do anything wrong? Or perhaps, am I the hot topic nowadays that they need to get rid of 'cause I'm being too perfect and I unknowingly made someone jealous who is now plotting some kind of secret revenge on me? Is it my fault that I'm greater than that creature? It's not my fault I'm born like this! Michael Kors, have mercy on me.

 

"Will you please SHUT UP?!" the man suddenly screamed. "We're not doing a 'secret revenge'. We were just ordered to do this."

"Wait, so you're not the boss? And how did you know what I was thinking of?" Jin tilted his head to the left. "Mother of Pearl, I can't believe it. You're psychic!"

The man held up Jin's hand tightly.  Jin let out a little yelp.

"You were saying all of it out loud! Don't act all stupid! I know you're smart." the man growled

"I did that? Okay..." Jin blinked twice. "What else do you know about me? You're one of my stalkers, aren't you? I'm sorry, but I'm not interested. I've got a whole life ahead of me and so do you, so-"

"Goddammit! I didn't expect him to be THIS loud!" the man helplessly whined.

"Where are you taking me, by the way?" Jin asked again.

The man cocked an eyebrow at Jin. "I thought you woukd have figured it out by now. Inside Cypher Academy. Isn't it obvious?" 

"Really? Why would such a nice school be your secret kidnapping hideout?" he gasped. "You must be filthy rich. Do you live here?"

"Okay, okay, I get it!" he shouted. "You're a curious piece of , but no further questions will be asked unless I permit you to. Got it, Kim Seokjin?" he said, threateningly pointing a finger at Jin.

A silence fell between the two of them.

"...And when will that be?"

The man made a fist. "You want a fist up your face?!"

"OH GOSH. NOT MY GORGEOUS, PRECIOUS FACE. NO WAY IN PRADA THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN." Jin panicked. "Don't you know how much I value my looks? And besides, I don't like others touching my face. My skin might break." he explained with high levels of sass.

"Then stop talking if you want your stupid godly face to stay the same." The man ordered. He then forcibly dragged Jin into the academy, but the man let go of him a few minutes later to remove suspiciousness.

"If you try to escape, I'll really beat you up. And don't try anything funny, Kim Seokjin. Just follow me." 

"It's okay. I won't run away." Jin calmly said. "Besides, I'm harmless." he added as he flashed a smile. The man cringed.

 

***

For a moment, Jin forgot that he was a 'hostage', for he was too busy admiring Cypher Academy's... everything. He was actually able to keep his thoughts to himself, but his mouth wasn't shut. It was wide open. He was fascinated to see the many buildings and open spaces the school had. And he was sure there were even more.

He thought how nice it would be to study in such a luxurious school. Sure, Bomb University was pretty popular and relatively larger than other schools, but Cypher hands-down is much better. And have I mentioned their gorgeous uniform?

But Jin's fascination slowly turned into a feeling of unexplainable discomfort, as he and the man went deeper into the school; into places where fewer people show up, and where the lights are dim and the paths keep getting narrower and narrower. He never imagined Cypher to have places like this. It was then that he remembered that he was being kidnapped, and his worries were tripled.

Then Jin stopped walking. 

If I AM being kidnapped... Why does it seem like my father knows about it? I mean, he was the one who told me to pack up and get in the car, right? What the Givenchy?

 

"Hm. Good question. But I'm afraid I don't know the answer." The creepy man said after what it seemed like forever.

"Oh Moschino, I did it again? I have to learn to differentiate thinking from talking..."

The man smirked. "I'm surprised you were able to stay quiet all this time."

"Yeah, well, don't I get some kind of reward for doing so? Perhaps... a permission to ask?" Jin batted his eyelashes.

The man thought hard about it. "Just one question. One. After that, no more questions shall be asked or answered. And I promise I'll answer honestly to your one question. So think about it carefully."

 

At the moment the man said that, Jin's eyes changed. The man didn't know how that happened, but for some reason it really did. The loud and ditzy Seokjin the man was talking to minutes ago suddenly disappeared. The man didn't know what to think, but the stare that Jin was giving him sent unnecesarry shivers down his spine. It was like looking at a totally different person. A cold wind blew around the two of them.

The man shook his head. This kid is anything but intimidating. But why... why can't I look away from those eyes? Just who does he think he is?

 

"Very well." Jin smiled innocently, still staring at the man with those eyes. The man felt his sweat trickle down his forehead.

"What is it?"

Jin walked towards the man slowly. "Tell me, mister. Do you really think I'm helpless?"

"Huh? What kind of question is that? Aren't you going to ask something about, I don't know... This place?"

"There's no need to. Because I'll know when I get there." Jin chuckled slightly. Right, father? "So? What do you think, mister? You said you'll answer honestly."

The man remained silent. No matter how hard he tried, his eyes were completely locked on Jin. His breathing started to become heavy, and he fiddled his fingers uncontrollably.

"O-of course I do!" he stuttered. "Y-you're nothing but a spoiled brat and a... a weakling." he gulped.

"I see, so that's your answer." Jin smiled to himself, as he fondly played with the end of his bangs.

"What do you mean 'you see'?" the man asked spitefully, his voice undeniably higher. 

"Now, now. No more questions should be asked, right? You said so yourself. I thought it applied to you too." Jin pouts in the best way he knows how to, as if he's back to his usual, cute self. 

The man scowled at Jin, but he had to admit that the boy was right. He grabbed Jin again by the wrist without a word and started walking briskly.

 

***

Whispers could be heard in the dark. As Jin and the man went deeper into the school and towards the darkness, the whispers became clearer and louder until Jin could make out what they were saying.

"Another one?" groaned a voice. 

"Yeah. Apparently, he's older than all of us." a different one with a cheerful voice answered. "At least, that's what I've been told by Namjoon here."

"A new guy, huh. I wonder what he's like." a deep voice said.

"Who cares? Just because he's older than me doesn't mean he's stronger." a high-pitched voice arrogantly said.

"Yah, punk, stay out of this will you? We all know any of us could take you down in a second." the one who groaned argued.

"What did you say?" yelled the high-pitched voice.

"Suga, Jimin!" The shout echoed around the room. "Calm your asses down or I will do it for you."

One of them whistled.

"That's my Namjoon! Always making the losers shut up." boomed the deep voice again.

"You're included in this too, V." said the one who shouted. 

"But I didn't do anything." the deep voice complained in a childish way. "Hmph."

"Besides, there's no need to worry. The new one is as frail as a puppy."

"Really?" another voice asks with a smug tone. "Just how do you know all of this, Joon?"

"I did my research." he answered. "That's all there is to it, Suga."

"As expected of hyung." the deep voice said with enthusiasm. "You really live up to your name." he added.

Someone snickered. "Oh, shut it, V. Don't act like you don't want Namjoon's place."

"What? What makes you say that, Hoseok? You're so mean!" The guy named V wailed.

"Calm your , boy." the voice said with a chuckle.

There was a moment of painful silence.

"Hey."

"What?"

"You said he's as frail as a puppy…"

"He's like a newborn pup that can't live without his beloved servants, Suga. Trust me."

"Well, puppies can bite, you know. Their rabies is deadlier, too."

"Just what are you trying to say here? That he could be a threat? Please. "

"Why else would he be thrown with us?"

The guy Namjoon clicked his tongue. "It's not because he's dangerous. It's something else..."

A cheerful voice interfered with the serious conversation. Hoseok, Jin presumes. "Guys, let's just trust Namjoon on this, okay?"

"Trust?" the high pitched-voice cackled with laughter. "What does anyone in here know about trust? Every single one of us here is fake as hell. Don't even try to deny it. We will NEVER trust each other!"

"Jimin…"

"Don't try to talk me out of this, Hoseok, you don't kno--"

"Jimin! Stop."

 

The high-pitched voice stopped talking.

 

***

They came across a door, and the creepy man opened it with a key.

"Special delivery." The creepy man shoved Jin inside the room with 6 odd boys. "Am I interrupting something here?" he continued.

"Speak of the little devil." a good-looking boy with messy brown hair and a green fringe said. "Well, devils." he raised an eyebrow at the creepy man.

Were they perhaps talking about me? Jin asked himself. And who are these people? They look like they shouldn't be messed with…

"Take good care of him, you little s." The creepy man mocked. "I see you all are pathetic as ever, eh?"

"Shut the up, you snake." a short boy with pale skin and mint green hair snapped.

"Oh, you're referring to me, or to yourself?" the creepy man mocked. "You don't even have the guts to hit me."

The pale boy looked outraged and his fists were trembling. "I'll kill you."

"I'd like to see you try, but unfortunately I must go."

Jin looked around and was not liking the situation one bit.

"H-hey, you're just gonna leave me here? Please, I thought we had a connection!" Jin pleaded the creepy man, who now seemed less creepy compared to the 6 boys in the room. He clung onto his leg."Take me with you!" 

"Don't touch me!" The creepy man shouted, kicking Jin in the stomach several times mercilessly. "This is where you belong, Kim Seokjin."

 

Jin laid down on the ground, taking in the pain he felt in his gut. What did I do wrong? And where exactly is this place he says that I belong? I can't possibly belong with these people... I'm different.

 

He helplessly stayed on the ground and watched the creepy man close the door shut and leave, hearing his footsteps get fainter until they could be heard no more.

 

The 6 boys slowly walked towards him. , , ! Jin cursed properly for the first time in years inside his head. I'm going to die. I'm gonna get killed, right here, right now. I'm pathetic. He tried standing up, but he always fell back on the floor. He wanted to cry at that moment because he was so mad. He was mad at himself for being weak, useless, and dependent. But what can he benefit from crying? The thing he had to do was become stronger... but how?

 

The boys circled around him and looked down at him with beady eyes.

One of them stood closer to Jin. He had dark, round eyes and platinum blonde hair. He abruptly pulled up Jin's hair, making Jin whimper. Despite his harshness, he had the calmest expression in his face, but it was most certainly not welcoming.

Jin trembled, not with fear, but with anger. When the blond smiled, deep dimples appeared at the corners of his face that perfectly defined his features.

"Welcome, Kim Seokjin. First time with Bangtan?"

 

 

*****

I hope the first chapter sparked your interest!

(And yes, Jin curses using designer brands) 😂

Please do leave your comments/suggestions. I'd love to read your opinions that can improve my writing!