So please don't take that light away.

It's not what it seems.

superthumb.jpg

In no way this chapter is based on real events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When jimin met jungkook he didn't feel any particular affection to the boy but he did feel a need to protect him.

It had been 5 months.

The kid was always around seokjin, if you talked to him he'd look at jin and jin would answer for him. He was permantly glued to seokjin and it was starting to bother jimin.

They are a team so they all need to get along but this little sample of a man didn't seem like he cared about teamwork or even bother to answer himself when the hyungs asked something. Jimin wasn't sure of how old the boy was but he assumed he was the same age since they were both the same height and he did look like he was 15 aswell.

But since he never talked to anyone but jin how could he know?

He'd also barely see him in the dorm, they were all already confortable with eachother so even being in the bathroom at the same time didn't bother them but jungkook was different.

You'd never see him go in the bathroom or when you did he'd back away if someone was inside.

Is he a girl or something? It was reaaally starting to bother jimin as to why the boy was acting that way, so he started to observe jungkook as much as he could to see if he could find out why.

One day while they were resting from practice , jimin sat in a corner observing seokjin and jungkook together. He'd normally sit next to taehyung or Hoseok but they went out to get drinks.

And in no way he would sit next to namjoon,when he first met namjoon,he had no idea a guy that looked like that could be such a deep thinker,god,he couldn't hear anymore life theories from him ,at least not at the moment.

Yoongi was in the other corner trying to sleep,the first thing they learned was: never bother yoongi hyung when he wants to sleep or he'll cuss you out and beat the crap outta of you.

So he just sat in that corner,watching and observing every little move the boy made.

He noticed that seokjin and jungkook were eating a snack, probably something seokjin made.

Oh they're talking,he actually speaks? they seemed to be talking about something fun because jungkook was smiling.

He never smiles when we are around ,he started to notice that instead of it looking like a hyung and his dongsaeng, it looked more like a mother and his child.

When jungkook would spill something jin would clean it up, he even blew the kid's nose and wiped his mouth.

That's really weird for someone who is 15 years old, still he didn't say anything.

But then the worst case scenario happened ,seokjin and jungkook, caught him staring at them.

Oh i was caught, jungkook lost his smile completly and looked down, he seemed almost embarrassed? Wait are his ears red?

Jin got up brushed his fingers through jungkook's hair and told him something, the boy just nodded.

He walked towards jimin and sat right next to him.

"So you done checking us out?"  He said it in sassy tone, almost mockingly.

"W-what ,nonono hyung i was ,huh, i was-"

"I know what you're doing."

"You do?"

"You are trying to figure him out.Aren't you?"

" Huh, well yeah ... Is it wrong for me to do that? It's just that it's bothering me."

"What's bothering you?"

"Hyung, you treat him like a baby, isn't he 15 years old? He shouldn't act like that."

"15 years old?" Jin chuckled.

"What am I wrong?"

"Very wrong actually."

"Then how old is he then?"

"He is a baby, he's only 13 ,jimin."

"What?wAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONLY 13?" He said this a little bit too loud and jungkook ended up staring at jimin before he looked away.

His ears are red again.

"What?You actually thought he was the same age as you?"

"Hmm?Yeah!? I mean he's as tall as i am. It's true that he does look little babyish, but, so do i!"

"So is that the reason you've been glaring at him for this past week, besides trying to figure him out?"

"Yes and no. I mean if he's way younger than all of us he should show some respect, i mean he barely answers when we ask him stuff."

"True."

"Also he never tries to make an effort to talk to us, he's always around you, hyung."

"Ohh,are you jealous?"

"Hyung! I'm being serious here!"

"I know, i know. I mean i can't really tell you why,just yet, but it's just that he doesn't feel comfortable yet." He smiled gently and looked at jungkook.

"He's very insecure and he doesn't know how to make friends, i'd make Hoseok or Namjoon do it but he's still a bit afraid of them." Then seokjin got up and stood infront of jimin with his hands on his hips.

"I mean have you seen namjoon? He doesn't look that friendly at first either."

"That is quite true but ,anyways, why don't you and Taehyung try to approach him .. gently? I'm sure you'll be able to get along nicely."

He started walking towards jungkook "But remember be gentle!"

Jimin nodded and thought to himself how the hell is he already that tall at 13 ???

He was a bit jealous , and a bit is an understatement....

----The day after---

Jimin told taehyung what jin had told him and only then, he realised he was the only one that didn't know that jungkook was actually just thirteen years old.

"You ! Why didn't you tell me he was 2 years younger??I've been glaring at a baby for a whole week!" 

Taehyung laughed and placed his hand on jimin's shoulder "You didn't ask. So i didn't tell you."

"Did i need to ask??? Um,,did i not talk about this like10 times??"

"Actually seven, you whined about it seven times"

"You counted??You cheesy cheeto, instead of telling me about this information you counted how many times i whined about it???? I hate you."

"Hey it's too soon in our relationship for you to hate me and yes i wanted to see how you'd react when you found out a kid that is younger is almost taller than you."

"WE ARE THE SAME HEIGHT!!!!" Jimin clearly looked frustraded and this close to hitting taehyung.

"Sure." Taehyung smirked.

"Ugh.. Just forget it! Jin wants us to try and approach the kid."

"Like body slam or... ?"

"TAEHYUNG i'm being serious here,can you just, ugh"

"Man,don't kill my groove but ok i get what you're saying"

"Ok fine!Then lets make a plan or do we just say hi and.. ?"

"Oh, easy leave it to me"

"So is it a pl-"

Taehyung dragged jimin and stood right infront of jungkook.The kid looked terrified to be honest almost like he was on the verge of a panic attack.

He kept looking around and looked uncomfortable almost like he was frozen in that spot.

"So hey!I'm taehyung and he's jimin and seokjin wants us to be friends" he reached out to shake jungkook's hand.

The boy backed away, jimin noticed he looked scared and he kept looking at tae's hand and then back at them really fast.

Jimin hit the back of taehyung's head lightly and lowered tae's hand "You idiot aish.. Can't you see the kid is scared, you can't just approach people like that and scream in their face HI like a goddamn serial killer"

"It worked on you why wouldn't it work on him??"

"It's just not how you approach people you wet noodle!" He facepalmed and rolled his eyes.

"Excuse me you green grape we are supposed to trap him!" 

"What? IT'S NOT TRAP IT'S APPROACH do you even know what approaching someone means you broccolli?" Jimin frowned.

"Yeah? It's trapping right?" He looked at jungkook and whispered "I'm right, right?"

Jungkook shook his head.

"It isn't? Then what does it mean"

"See even he knows better, i mean you weren't gifted with intelligence"Jimin laughed mockingly.

Taehyung started groaning and acting offended.

"I AM SMART! KOOKIE TELL HIM"

"Kookie?" Jimin looked at jungkook and he noticed something.

So when he gets embarrassed his ears turn red.

"I heard jin hyung call him that.." taehyung whispered and as he was about to speak again something happenned.

"You are smart." They both heard a faint voice and looked at jungkook shocked ,did the voice come from him or were they hearing things.

"Wait can you say that one more time?" They both turned to jungkook.

"Y-you're smart."

"HE TALKED"

" OMG HE ACTUALLY TAL-ahem i mean uh i'm sorry jungkook ignore him he's crazy" He visually looked embarassed and  was scratching the back of his head.

"N-no it's ok.." The younger one started to twiddle his thumbs and was looking down, it would be too much for him if he had to maintain eye contact.

Jimin slowly lifted his hand and put it on jungkook's shoulder. "So do you want to be friends" For a brief second they made eye contact but the boy looked down again.

Is he smiling? He looked at Taehyung hesitatingly.

"Uhm o-"They all jumped at the sudden voice.

"Jungkookie! There you are you almost gave me a heart attack where were you?"

He nodded and talked almost in a whisper "Bathroom"

"Oh taehyungie, jiminie what are you doing here"

"Trap- i ment approaching him!" Jimin slapped taehyung's shoulder and glared at him.

Seokjin smiled and ruffled jungkook's hair.

"Well i'm sorry to break your convo but jungkook and i have somewhere to go."

For a minute there was slight sadness in the kid's eyes, he nodded and turned around with jin and started walking way.

As he was walking away he suddenly stopped clenched his fist and turned around.

"Bye Taehyung hyung, Jiminie hyung."

Jimin felt his chest thumping but it was very brief so he didn't give it much thought .

They watched both of them walking away and after a moment of silence they turned to eachother.

"You cucumber you almost ruined it!" Jimin turned to taehyung and slapped his shoulder.

"Hey all i did was help! he talked to us and-" taehyung started giggling.

"What is it you pineapple? What? what?" He shook taehyung.

"He called you Jimminie Hyung.. pffff jimminieeeeee" Taehyung broke out in laughter clenching his stomach like it was the funiest thing he had ever heard.

"EW,shut up coming from you it sounds disgusting" jimin frowned and sticked his tounge out.

Taehyung made kiss sounds and opened his arms "Come here Jimminie hyuuung~"

"sTOP IT!!"

And this lasted 1 whole hour.

They did the impossible, they made jungkook speak.

----------------------------

So in the next chapter i'm ending the background arc and starting the present arc , this has a bit of importance in the story that's why i'm talking about the past first.

I hope you guys enjoy it and i'll update soon xoxo