Anxiety isn't funny

It's not what it seems.

superthumb.jpg

In no way this chapter is based on real events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

He was surrounded by absolute darkness. All he was able to hear was a silence so suffocating that he was starting to feel light-headed, he shook himself and slapped his own cheeks lightly.

"This is a dream right? I can't remember what happened..." He scratched the back of his head.

"Why is it so dark?" he chuckled " Hyungs! If you guys are pranking me you better stop!It's not funny.."

He waited for a response, a simple oh you got us or a we were just playing but all he heard was absolute silence.

His smile slowly faded, his expression changed to a darker more scared one, he felt his hands grow cold, his heart pounding and an agonizing feeling of loneliness.

"Where am I? Why am I alone" His voice was shaking.

"Did I do something wrong? I'm sorr-" Then it hit him, what happened and why was he there in the absolute darkness.

I ain't taking any from you anymore, you don't know what you just lost Jeon Jungkook.

Suddenly in the silence he started to hear the echo of Jimin's words, he was feeling an intense pain in his chest.

Tears rolled down his cheeks all he could do was try to apologize but no one was there to listen.

He was all alone.

Again.

"Jimin I'm sorry ... It's all my fault..."

In that moment he suddenly felt warmth in his left hand, like someone was holding it so he  shook his head.

"Calm down, it's all just a nightmare... you aren't alone.." he tried to convince himself even though deep down his heart was telling him otherwise.

"He doesn't really hate you, you are making things up" He then clenched his hand, he knew what this was all about.

He was having another of his panic attacks except this time it was serious.

Somehow by being pushed away by his family and being treated like a dumb kid had marked him, he did his best not to show this side to anyone specially to his family because if they knew how he really felt they'd call him weak and he wasn't weak.

If he could overcome his fear and stand on a stage, he could overcome this situation right now.

He then heard someone call him.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, he was in a room he did not recognise. It wasn't his room at home, it smelled different and it had a different atmosphere that Jungkook didn't like, he just couldn't explain what it was, all he could tell was that he felt uncomfortable there.

He noticed a window on his right side, the sky was grey and it was raining.

The window was so big you could see the pedestrians below trying to escape the rain which made Jungkook feel even more depressed.

He felt something stinging in his arm so he looked to check what it was, it was an IV drip.

Breathless he tried to talk " I can't... be in the......hosp-" as he was finishing his sentence he noticed he still felt the warmth on his hand, he looked down and saw a sleeping taehyung holding his hand.

His eyes were puffy and his ears red, Jungkook started to feel extremely guilty he made his hyungs worry about him, he made his best friend cry.

Just as he was going to try and get up everyone entered the room.

They were all carrying flowers and "get well" ballons, the first to walk in was Jin then followed by Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok.

He tried looking behind them but no signs of Jimin.

He looked down at his lap with a sad smile on  his face "What was I expecting..."

"Oh! He's awake!" Hoseok pointed towards Jungkook with a suprised face.

Jin charged towards Jungkook wich made him flinch, he put his hands on Jungkook's shoulders and had a stern expression.

"...Hyung?"

"Young man do you have any idea of how scared we were?"

"uh I-"

Namjoon chuckled and patted Jin's shoulder.

"C'mon hyung let him be he just woke up" Jin let go of his shoulders and his expression relaxed a bit.

"I almost had a heart attack! Don't ever do this again you hear me?"

"Yes, hyung~"

"Um, should we wake up taehyung?" Yoongi asked with a questioning look.

"Nah, let him sleep he hasn't been able to sleep this whole week" Hoseok was now next to Taehyung his hair.

"This.. whole week? I was out for a whole week??"

"Yeah you scared the hell out of us."

"But what about the comeback? It was supposed to be tuesday right? What day is it today?" Jungkook had an expression of panic on his face.

Namjoon stepped foward and ruffled Jungkook's hair "No need to look that worried, Bang PD decided it was best for us to delay the comeback. Besides we haven't rested properly from the last comeback so he's giving us 1 month to pick ourselves up."

Jungkook brought his hands to his face and started mumbling "No, again because of me..."

Jin threw a worried look towards Jungkook and then whispered something to Namjoon, Namjoon just nodded.

Jungkook gulped.

"Hoseok wake up taehyung, let's go outside for a bit guys."

Yoongi nodded and headed to the door.

"Gotcha"

Taehyung was half awake "But I haven't tal-" Hoseok lifted Taehyung up and took him out of the room.

Namjoon kissed Seokjin's cheek and left too.

The youngest just watched as they were leaving the room.

Only Jin was left with him and he didn't look very happy he looked quite sad actually.

"What is it hyung?" Jungkook couldn't stand the akward atmosphere in the room it was killing him inside.

"Jungkook" He sat down next to the boy's bed and grabbed his hand, jungkook flinched slightly.

"Yes..?" He looked away.

"Jungkook look at me" With his hand he reached Jungook's cheek " You know you can tell me anything right."

It wasn't the first time Seokjin was acting like this, since Jungkook joined BTS at a very young age he was practicly raised by his hyungs and since his family basicly disowned him when he decided to became an idol that was all he had.

Jin was always protective of the maknae, instead of treating him like a baby brother he really treated Jungkook like a son.

For 6 years, ever since jungkook was 13, he took care of him, cheered him up when he was sad, fed him, got him clothes, and gave him support like a real parent should. But he never asked about Jungkook's past since he could tell it was a sensitive subject to touch on.

Jin knew that Jungkook was the type to have a great difficulty with expressing his feelings but it had gotten better recently.

So he thought that Jungkook had finally gotten some closure on his past but apparently he was wrong.

----- 1 hour before -----

"Can we come in?" Jin knocked on the door lightly.

He was accompanied by their manager Sejin.

"Ah, yes please do come in."

They both walked inside the office and sat in the chairs infront of the doctor's desk.

"So I assume you two are responsable for .." He looked down at the form and then back up at them" Jeon Jungkook, am I right?"

"Yes, but legally it's Sejin hyung" He then pointed to the man next to him and he nodded.

"May I ask where his parents are? Or if you have any contact with them?"

Sejin shook his head and Jin looked down. "I'm afraid not, when he decided to become a trainee his parents cut ties with him"

"When did he become a trainee?"

"When he was 13..."

"I see." The doctor then grabbed his folders and took a look at them.

"But is there something  wrong with him?"

"In terms of Pysical health he is in top shape , but in terms of mental health I can't say the same"

Jin stood up with a panicked expression " What do you mean?"

"Please calm down mister-"

"Kim Seokjin"

"Yes, mister Kim Seokjin please seat down"

He then sat down again and the manager patted his back.

"We did some tests during this week to find out why he passed out "

"Yes,and?"

"We did an MRI to check for any anomalities but instead we found signs of mild depression and slight anxiety"

"Depression..?" Sejin questioned and looked at Jin 

Jin crossed his legs and joined his hands together " I was aware of his anxiety disorder but... depression?"

"We are lucky because it's only mild we can still fix him."

"Fixable? Doctor i'm sorry if this sounds rude but  please don't treat him like he's some broken toy."

"Yes, I am aware Mr. Kim. Excuse my wrong choice of words, what I meant is that it's curable, but he requires medication or if you'd like, therapy"

"Therapy?"

"Yes, to find the cause of his depression and slowly help him recover."

Jin looked at Sejin and sejin nodded.

"We'd like to go with therapy then."

"Excellent. He has to visit the hospital once a week for 1 month."

They both nodded.

----- Back to this present moment---

"Jungkook look at me" With his hand he reached Jungkook's cheek "You know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know hyung" He leaned into Jin's touch.

He was on the verge of tears but he held it in.

"Jungkook, I know"

"You know?"

"Yes, the doctor told us."

"What?"

He looked to the side for a moment then back at the youngest. "You are suffering from mild depression"

Great choice of words suffering and mild.

"Ah.." he chuckled slightly and apologized. "Hyung I'm sorry"

Jin put both his hands on Jungkook's cheeks and looked right at him.

"No no, you have nothing to be sorry for."

"You aren't broken, Jungkook no one is perfect I know you feel the pressure to be perfect."

He nodded.

"It's because we are idols but you need to focus on your mental health, what if something like this happens on stage?"

"I just-"

"I don't want you to be so hurt to the point you can't perform with us anymore"

"Hyung I would never-"

"Just please be carefull" Jin smiled "We are always here if you need us"

Jungkook smiled.

"Now take your time to get better and don't you dare try something stupid you little punk" Jin pinched Jungkook's cheek and laughed.

"Ouch hyuuuung" He smiled .

Jungkook loved to talk to Jin, he felt like a weight was taken off his chest and definetly felt lighter but it wasn't quite over.

He still hadn't seen Jimin around.

---------------------

I'm so sorry the angst will stop next chapter , everything will be alright never forget that!