Horrible dinner.

Deja Vu demon in the night.

NO ONE

Miyeon was at Junhyung's big bungalow, having a family dinner. All seemed to be fine so far as everyone approved of Miyeon, even despite the fact that Junhyung has not officially announced that she's his girlfriend.

"Seems like that rascal of yours has found his princess," Junhyung's uncle nudged his father, smirking as he flipped through the newspapers. 

"It's better than seeing him stay forever single for his whole life," his father laughed.

Utencils were brought out and the dining table was all prepared properly by the helpers. Miyeon was dragged to the dining table by Junhyung. She greeted everyone respectfully by bowing down 90 degrees and putting on her best smile.

She took a deep breath and tidied her hair, fixed up her appearance.

"Come on, loosen up for a bit, babe! You'll be fine," Junhyung squeezed her hand and rubbed her shoulders, trying to help her keep cool. Miyeon seemed extremely tensed and nervous, afraid that there would be opposition of her going out with Junhyung.

Then more people started sitting down. She has never forgotten to greet anyone so far. Junhyung couldn't do anything to stop her from getting so anxious.

Suddenly, the main door was slammed and a slim, cute girl walked to the dining table. Everyone turned to look at her, causing Miyeon to follow. 

She was all ready to greet that girl, when suddenly, "Junhyung oppa!!!!!" the girl shouted in joy, running to Junhyung and back-hugging him. "I missed you!" she pouted. Miyeon looked at her and smiled uncomfortably. Junhyung looked at Miyeon, all worried and hoping she'd not get jealous.

The adults looked at Miyeon, all awkward.

"U-uh, Jihyun, why don't you sit down and have dinner first?" A relative said, trying to keep off the awkward atmosphere.

Junhyung looked at Miyeon as he mouthed to her, "You okay?" and was responded with a faint smile from her.

 

They didn't talk at all throughout dinner, and Jihyun just kept scooping food for Junhyung and putting it in his bowl. Then, Junhyung suddenly let out a sigh and put down his chopsticks.

"We need to make something clear tonight."

 

Everyone had their eyes on him as he stood up, looking frustrated. He looked at Miyeon, then pulled her up.

"Me and Miyeon are dating..... and we started out a long time ago."

And obviously.... everyone saw this coming. Jihyun slammed her chopsticks down on the table and threw a tantrum.

"What is this, Yong Junhyung? What the hell is this?! You're lying, right?" she was on the verge of tears.

"Stop being so childish, Jihyun. Stop acting like I belong to you. I never belonged to you. I was never yours," Junhyung's cold words stung Jihyun's heart.

Miyeon tugged on Junhyung's sleeve, telling him not to fight with her, but Junhyung wasn't listening. He needed to get things straight to Jihyun.

"How could you......" Hot tears rolled down her cheeks and she ran up to her room, hugging her school bag and slamming the door.

".......... I'll take my leave from here. Sorry..." Miyeon bowed politely to his family members and then walked out with Junhyung.

 

"Miyeon,"

"Y'know, I'm sorry for not listening to you. But I really had to get things cleared up. I needed to -"

"Yeah, I know. I understand." she slipped on her shoes and hastened her steps.

"I know you're mad at me. I'm sorry for what happened just now."

She just nodded.

"I know that what Jihyun did to me made you mad. I'm sorry. She's just like this."

Nodded again.

"I know you're mad. So please just reply me!" Junhyung raised his voice. He lost his temper.

 

Jihyun finally turned and looked at him in the eyes. "I'm fine. You can leave."

 

"Jihyun!! Please. Talk to me." Junhyung grabbed her shoulders and shook her.

"It would be better if you leave me alone now and let both of us cool down for now. I just talked to you. You can leave now." she replied. The temperature was a chilling 4 degrees celcius but both parties were burning up in flames inside.

 

Junhyung was speechless. He gave in. "......I'll call you tonight."

"You don't have to. I'll see you tomorrow." she turned back and walked off. The wind blew and she shoved her hands into her pocket.
 

Junhyung was walking back, until he turned around again. "Miyeon," he called out.

She stopped on the spot.

"Take care." he said and turned around, then continued walking.

 

 

MIYEON

I sat down on a bench at the nearby park. Couples were strolling there, hand in hand, having lovey-dovey chats. Some were on benches, with the female resting her head on her boyfriend's shoulder. It definitely was a romantic sight, but it hurt me inside. It hurt to know that Junhyung's not here. It hurt more to remember what happened just now. My emotions are all mixed up, bottled up. I don't know what to do. All of a sudden, a tear dropped. My heart ached in sorrow.

Just what do you want, Miyeon? Are you happy or sad? Why are you sad that Junhyung is trying to introduce you to his family? Else, why should you be happy? Why did you stop Junhyung from speaking up for us to Jihyun? I grabbed my hair and groaned in frustration. My head hurt so bad. I was in a bad dilemma that I might never manage to handle. Then, my heart started opening up. Since there was sorrow, it means that I was indeed jealous when Jihyun hugged Junhyung. I am indeed regretting stopping Junhyung from knocking senses into Jihyun.

Suddenly, a familiar voice was heard.

"Yah, Miyeon-ssi, are you okay?" 

~ END OF CHAPTER 7 ~

 

A/N: Comment and subscribe! Meanwhile, you guys can guess who talked to Miyeon at the ending, lol.