New classmate?

Deja Vu demon in the night.

"Mom, I'm home!" Naeun called out as she kicked the door shut since she had no bare hands. She had a cute little white puppy maltese in her hands, with dirt all over it.

"Aigoo, Naeun-ah! What did you bring home again this time?" her mother removed her apron and embraced the adorable puppy that Naeun let go of. "Who are you, you cute little thing?" her mother the puppy's fur gently and smiled.

"I found it on my way home. It was straying on the streets and I couldn't bear to leave this poor little cute thing alone. Plus it's all dirty and it seems tired. Do we still have some leftover food for it?" Naeun walked to the kitchen and opened cabinets, finding dog food.

"I'm not sure!" her mom replied.

"Found it," she smiled to herself as she grabbed a can of dog food down the cabinet. 

 

"Naeun-ah, are we keeping this dog? You know we can't, your sister's afraid of dogs," her mother discussed with her on the dining table as they both had a nice lunch together.

Naeun put down her spoon and thought for a bit.

"Fine, I'll give in this time. I'll bring it to the pet centre soon."

--

* italic = english

 normal = korean

"Wait, wh-what? I'm going to school tomorrow?!" Jinyoung shouted.

His parents nodded.

"Mom, Dad, what's going on? I just returned, can't I have a good rest?! I just got back from States today and you're telling me to get my in school in 2 days? Hah, who are you guys kidding?!" he spoke in an American accent to his parents. His accent was extremely fluent and words jut casually rolled off his tongue without any difficulties or any slight korean accent in between.

"Son, you know it's time to get back to work. There's always a time for play and studies. Now that you pursued what you wanted, you should get back to school," his father sighed. Then, his mother got off the chair and walked to him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Honey, come on. Listen to Dad," his mother tried to persuade him. He simply just shrugged her hand off.

"I'm not going to school." he looked away.

"Jinyoung ah-"

"I said I'm not going to school!" He yelled at his mother.

"Jung Jinyoung!!" his father burst in anger. His blood boiled and his face turned all red. "Never shout at your parents and LEARN TO SPEAK IN KOREAN AT HOME. You're no longer in States, you got your back in Korea so you do know what language to speak in!!"

Jinyoung huffed and breathed heavily as he was fuming in anger as well. Then again, he told himself: It's only five years. Just work hard for five years and you can have all the leisure you want after that. Then he cooled down, bravely returning back to his father.

 

"Which school is it again?"

--

NEXT DAY.

He looked through the window and could only see a foggy view of the outside. Then he saw a huge building ahead and knew what that's gonna be - Seoul High, his assigned school starting today. The chauffeur opened the door for him and bowed down to him, "Have a good day, Young Master." Jinyoung simply nodded and walked forward, not even bothering to look at the chauffeur.

"Seoul High School. Hm... interesting," he bit his lip.

Then, his father's assistant's voice rang in his head. "Remember to look for a lady in a purple dress tomorrow. She'll be guiding you and helping you out tomorrow." he scanned the surroundings and found her.

"You're.... Mrs Han?" he raised a brow and stood in a sloppy position with one knee bent and the other straight.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you, Mr Jung. Come, let me show you around," she smiled at him warmly and welcomed him into the school.

Once again, it definitely ain't a surprise seeing Jinyoung not paying attention to what she has been saying. Throughout her introduction of the school's culture and it's environment, he simply zoned out and followed her with his hands tucked in his pocket and looking around the surroundings.

"M-Mr Jung?" she tapped him gently. Then he knocked into his senses and looked at her.

"Y-yeah?"

"This is your class," Mrs Han greeted the teacher in the classroom and handed Jinyoung over to her.

"I'll wait for you right here when it's reccess," she whispered in his ear and left the class.

The classroom packed with students was filled with silence. Twenty pairs of eyes stared at Jinyoung, waiting for him to introduce himself.

"Go on, introduce yourself." the teacher patted his shoulder.

He then confidently stepped forward and cleared his throat.

"I'm Jung Jinyoung. Nice to meet you. I hope that we'll work well together. Thank you." he finished off easily.

"Thank you, Jinyoung. Oh and before I forget, could you take your seat at that empty spot beside Naeun-ssi? Naeun-ssi, please raise your hand."

"Y-yes!" she obediently raised her hand in the air and both Jinyoung and her eyes met. She smiled nervously at him, but got nothing from him in return.

 

Jinyoung tried his best to keep himself awake in class. The first hour passed and it was chemistry. However, the students will always be given a five-minute interval to rest and pack their books for the next lesson. Hence, Naeun plucked up all her courage and decided to break the ice between them both. Afterall, they were going to be desk partners for the whole year, so they can't possibly not talk to each other at all.

"Hi, my name is Na-"

"Got gum?"

Naeun's mouth was left opened.

"Sorry?"

"I asked if you have gum," Jinyoung repeated himself, sounding slightly arrogant.

"U-um, nope," she shyly replied. Just then, all her courage disappeared and it had to take long to rebuild it for her to introduce herself to Jinyoung. Therefore, she turned away shyly with flushed cheeks and faced the window, biting her lip.

"Never mind," he rolled his eyes and rested his head on the table. "... sigh, what kind of school is this?" he pondered. He fished out his mirror which he keeps with him everywhere he goes and gussied up, tidying his bangs and fixing a strand of hair that was sort of messy. "You look perfect today, Mr Jung." he uttered to himself. Oh, we should never forget that this rascal is also a vain kid. He cares way too much about his appearance.

Naeun stole a glance at him and caught him fixing himself up. She let out a laugh and covered . "Isn't he vainer than I am?" she shook her head and smiled to herself.