In Your Arms

Whisper You'll Stay With Me

Chapter 4

“Better brace yourself,” teased Jackson. It’s gonna be our first kiss. I have to make it memorable. Jackson changed his mind. I’m going to give him a peck on the lips after all. I’m sure he won’t mind. “Hey…why can’t I move,” pouted Jackson.

Mark opened his closed eyes and laughed. “You didn’t think I’d be kissed that easily, did you.”

Mark used the same technique Jr used on JB. He didn’t like blood bending, but the technique does come in handy.

“Mark…,” whined Jackson. “You’re not playing fair.”

“I believe someone said all’s fair in love and war, not too long ago,” replied Mark.

“But you said you’ll keep your word. Was that a lie? Do Lighters like to lie?”

Mark grabbed Jackson’s nose and shook it. “Oh don’t you worry my little slave. You’ll get your kiss, but it’ll just be on my terms,” whispered Mark. 

“Ugh…I guess I’ll take what I can,” pouted Jackson. 

“Are you ready?” asked Mark. Jackson tried shaking his head like an obedient puppy. If he had a tail, it’d be wagging too. 

Mark leaned his face towards Jackson’s face. Oh my god. He’s really gonna kiss me on the lips. This might be better after all. Mark stared into Jackson’s eye intensely and grabbed Jackson’s face. He then placed his thumbs on Jackson’s lips and kissed his thumbs. And just like that, Jackson’s excitement vanished. 

“That’s it? Come on…that wasn’t even a real kiss,” sulked Jackson. 

“Serves you right. You don’t deserve a real kiss,” chuckled Mark.

“You know master is really cute like this.”

“What do you mean?” blushed Mark.

“You’re cute when you relax and let your guard down. You’re always so uptight when your brothers are around.”

“Well I am the oldest and I have to set a good example for them.”

“I understand. Believe me, I do. You should loosen up a bit though. But I digress; back to the subject at hand. How do I get a proper kiss?” teased Jackson.

“We’ll revisit this conversation when you’re able to beat me in something fair and square.”

“Really? At this rate, I’d die first before being able to kiss master’s lips. I’m not going to give up though. Fighting Jackson,” said the determined Shadow prince. 

“Now that we’re done with your little games, let's actually get some training done” said Mark.

 

After training for a few hours, Mark and Jackson decided to call it a day and went to check on their brothers. 

“You know brother is going to be mad if he sees you like this,” said BamBam, worried.

“It’s my fault,” said JB. “We shouldn’t have gone all out.”

“It’s not your fault JB. I was the one who told you not to hold back,” said Jr.

“And even then, you still managed to beat me,” said JB.

“Just slightly. I’d say we’re evenly matched,” praised Jr. The comment made JB smile.

“That’s if Jr doesn’t use his blood bending. Luckily my cute little master controls air and not water. But then again I’d be happy to bend at my master’s will. Anytime, anyplace,” teased Yugyeom.

BamBam blushed. “I can’t blood bend, but at least I can shut that mouth of yours.” BamBam flicked his finger and drew the air out of Yugyeom, causing him to struggle a bit.

“Sorry master. I’m sorry,” begged the Shadow prince, pretending to struggle more than necessary. 

“Are you done spewing nonsense?” chuckled BamBam. Yugyeom shook his head and BamBam released the hold he had on him. “That’s more like it. Good quiet slave.”

“So what are we going to do? I don’t think your brother or ours will be happy to see that you both have black eyes, burn marks, and water cuts,” said Yugyeom.

“I’m sure both our parents won’t be happy either,” said Jr. “It’s supposed to only be a friendly tournament between the realms.”

“I agree. We can’t go back looking like this,” said JB.

“You guys can say you were both attacked,” BamBam suggested.

 

“Who was attacked?” asked Mark.

“Yea what my master said, who was attacked?” injected Jackson. The older princes walked right into the end of their brother’s conversation. Mark saw the bruises and cuts on both Jr and JB.

“Don’t make me ask again,” said Mark. “What happened?”

Both Jr and BamBam dropped their head guiltily.

“It’s my fault,” confessed JB, trying to protect Jr.

“No, it’s not. Well not entirely. I was the one who told him not to hold back,” said Jr. “I’m sorry.”

“Why weren’t you more careful JB?” accused Jackson. 

“Sorry brother.”

“Both of you come here,” commanded Mark. JB looked at Jackson; confused if he should listen to the Lighter or not. Jackson wasn’t sure what Mark was going to do either, but he trusted Mark wouldn’t hurt JB so he just nodded his head yes.

Jr grabbed JB’s hand and the gesture caused him to flutter a bit. “It’s okay,” whispered Jr. “My brother won’t hurt us.”

“He may not hurt you, but the way he’s staring at me I’m not so sure I’ll be as lucky,” whispered JB. 

“What is your brother going to do to them?” asked Yugyeom.

“If he does what I think he’s going to do, you’re in for a treat. It’s not something you see everyday. As a matter of fact, my brother is the only one in all three realms that can single handedly pull it off. Usually it takes two people: one who controls air and the other water,” replied BamBam.

 

Jr knows what Mark is planning to do. “Brother you can’t. It’ll drain you and you’ll be out of it for a few hours. We’ll be late getting back.”

“What other choice do we have? It’s better to get back pass curfew than to show up looking the way you do.” Jr knows that Mark is right. 

“I’m sorry brother.”

“It’s okay. Just don’t let it happen again alright? I’m not always going to be around to help every time,” smiled Mark. Jr nodded his head. “I’ll be more careful next time.”

Mark began to glow as he extended his arms with his palms raised. Orbs formed on each hand, one of water and the other air. He brought the two orbs and created a bigger orb that encompassed both Jr and JB, whose hands were still intertwined. Jr was used to the healing sensation and having a linked affinity of water, he felt little to no discomfort. JB on the other hand was struggling with the healing process. His fire powers felt attacked by both water and air. Jackson, Yugyeom, and even BamBam (though he had seen the feat a few times) watched in awe as both Jr’s and JB’s body miraculously healed. As time passed by, Mark seemed to be struggling more and more. This was actually his first time healing two people at once. Even with one person, he’s usually drained for an hr or so. Hopefully he doesn’t pass out before the process is finished. 

“Brother…stop,” said Jr. “You’re struggling.”

“Yes…Mark. Please stop. We’re both fine now,” said JB.

“I’m fine. I’m almost done,” grunted Mark. “You’ll both be good as brand new.”

Mark was using all the power he had left in him. He felt himself getting weaker and weaker. Everything was getting dark and he felt himself fainting. The orb around Jr and JB dissipated. They were completely healed. Jackson saw Mark beginning to swoon and flashed to him just in time to catch him from hitting the ground. 

“I guess it’s your turn to catch me huh?” smiled Mark, weakly.

“I’ll always be there to catch you,” whispered Jackson.

“Promise?” said Mark.

“Promise,” said Jackson, as he felt Mark go limp in his arms.