Close To You

Whisper You'll Stay With Me

Chapter 10

“So you’re the three powerful Lighters the boys have been talking about,” said the Shadow Queen. “What are the odds of that?”

“All good things I hope,” added the Light Queen.

“Of course,” responded the Shadow King. “The boys even acknowledged that our nephew Mark here might just be the fastest flasher in all three realms.”

“If that’s the case, Nichkhun doesn’t stand a chance tomorrow,” laughed the Sky King.

“I’m humbled by all the praises, but I doubt that it’s true,” declined Mark.

“Prince Mark is modest too, my King. Unlike a certain prince we both happen to know,” joked Youngjae, causing Nichkhun to punch him in the arm jokingly.

“I couldn’t have said it better myself,” chuckled the Sky King. “The fault is all mine though. I spoiled him a little too much.”

“So the six of you must be very close then?” asked Nichkhun.

“Well I’m close with Cousin BamBam,” giggled Yugyeom, as he placed his arm around BamBam’s shoulder. “Isn’t that right cousin?”

“You wish,” replied BamBam, trying to shake the young Shadow prince off him to no avail.

“And I would say Cousin Jr and I are pretty close,” added JB. Jr just raised his eyebrow in response; not confirming or denying the statement.

“What about you Cousin Mark? How close are you and Cousin Jackson?”

Before Mark could answer, Jackson pulled his hand and said,” Cousin Mark, may I have this dance?”, as he dragged him towards the dance area.

Jackson bowed to Mark and Mark reluctantly bowed back.

“What do you think you’re doing?” asked Mark.

“Dancing with my boyfriend of course,” replied Jackson, as they placed their palms together and moved to the sound of the music in a synchronized dance pattern.

“I’m surprised you’re good at dancing,” commented Mark.

“Oh I’m good at a lot of things and I have moves for days,” teased Jackson. “Remind me to show you when we’re alone. Unless you prefer an audience. I don’t mind.”

Meanwhile…

“Come on BamBam, we can’t let our brothers have all the fun,” said Yugyeom, as he dragged the young Light prince towards the music.

JB extended his hand out to Jr. “Am I just supposed to automatically accept without a formal request?” teased Jr.

“My apologies your majesty,” as he bowed, “Will you please do me the honor of being my dance partner?”

“Why I thought you’d never ask,” replied Jr, as they made their way toward the others.

Nichkhun looked at Youngjae. “Don’t even think about it. I’m not dancing with you.”

“You’re no fun,” pouted Nichkhun. “I wanted to dance with Mark.”

Continuing…

“You know that was rude and un-princely of you,” said Mark.

“What was?”

“Well you cut me off before I could give Cousin Mark my answer.”

“Let me guess? You were going to say we’re not close at all.” Mark gave Jackson a guilty look. “See I was right. And that would’ve been rude and hurtful. So I saved you the trouble. Your welcome, my prince.”

The time came to briefly switch partners. Jackson spun out and JB spun in.

“Hi Cousin Mark,” greeted JB.

“Drop the formalities JB.”

“As you wish Mark,” replied JB. “How are things going with brother?”

“As annoying as ever.”

“I can tell from the look on your face. I can also see that you can’t avert your eyes from him,” smirked JB.

Mark blushed. “Maybe we should go back to being formal with each other.” JB just laughed.

“Hey Jr,” said Jackson.

“Cousin Jackson,” teased Jr.

“Not you too,” groaned Jackson.

“Well you are the Crowned Prince of the Dark Realm.”

“And your brother is the Crowned Prince of the Light Realm. A perfect match, don’t you think?”

“Some might say that. So any progress?”

“You know how stubborn your brother can be. Well at least I was able to stop him before he could deny me in front of precious Cousin Nichkhun.”

“Are we jealous?”

“Jealous? Have you forgotten how good looking I am?,” smiled Jackson. “I’m just protecting what’s mine.”

Jr just shook his head. “Yours huh? Brother doesn’t like someone who’s too possessive.”

“Oh I know. That’s the reason why I didn’t proclaim our relationship in front of everyone. Or maybe I should have, so Nichkhun would back off.”

“I doubt that’ll be wise. Now isn’t the right time. Perhaps you should wait until after the tournament is finished. Brother has enough on his plate as is.”

“I hate that you’re right. I guess I can hold off. Well it’s been nice dancing with you, but time to get back to my Prince Charming.” Jr just rolled his eyes.

Jackson tapped JB on the shoulder and they exchanged smiles.

“Miss me?” teased Jackson, as they touched palms again.

“You were gone? Didn’t even notice,” responded Mark.

“You know if you keep toying with my emotions, I might just change my mind.”

“Oh…about what?”

“Well I was going to keep our relationship status a secret until after the tournament. You know to not cause you unnecessary stress. See how much of a thoughtful boyfriend I am? But maybe I should just tell everyone now, especially your Cousin Nichkhun, since you’re being mean,” pouted Jackson.

“You wouldn’t…”

“Wouldn’t I? What’s the big deal anyways? Ashamed to be dating me? Don’t you like me?”

“You should know the answer to that already,” sighed Mark. “See that’s why I didn’t want to get involved in a relationship in the first place. I have enough on my plate as is. Maybe this was a mistake.”

Jackson grabbed Mark and pulled him close.

“What are you doing? People are beginning to stare?”

“I don’t care,” said Jackson. “Do you really think that I’m a mistake? That we’re a mistake?”

Mark saw the intensity in his boyfriend’s eyes.

“No…,” stumbled Mark. “The timing is just off.”

“I told you I’ll wait as long as you need me to, right?” Mark nodded. “Just don’t give up on me, on us okay.”

“Fine.”

“Promise?”

“Promise. Now can you let go of me. Our parents are looking over here.”

“Maybe I should start calling your parents mother and father instead of aunt and uncle,” teased Jackson.

“Can you stop joking around and be serious for a minute?”

“It’s always business with you. Worried about tomorrow?”

“Are you not?”

“Not really. It’s not like there’s a prize or anything. Plus I already have the best prize here,” as he winked.

“Ugh…you’re just as bad as Cousin Nichkhun,” said Mark, as he rolled his eyes. “Speaking of which, we still don’t know how him and Youngjae measures up. Cause we both know my brothers and I can take you and your brothers on, no problem.”

“Has it ever occurred to you guys that we let you guys win out of love?”

“Is that what you guys tell yourselves to be able to sleep at night,” laughed Mark.

“Are you making fun of us?”

“It’s hard not to when you make it so easy.”

Jackson looked at Mark and smiled. “I really like it when you’re like this.”

“What do you mean?”

“The way you are now; joking and carefree.”

“We as crowned princes have certain responsibilities and duties. Can’t be all fun and games.”

“Oh trust me, I know,” agreed Jackson. “By the way, I’m not holding back tomorrow.”

“I didn’t think you would. Not that it’ll matter much,” teased Mark.

“Since you’re so confident, willing to make a little wager?”

“What did you have in mind?”

“If I win, you have to keep your distance from Nichkhun.”

“And if I win, which I will, you have to be more nice to Cousin Nichkhun.”

“Fine with me. Let’s shake on it,” said Jackson.

“I rather not. A verbal agreement will do.”

“Why not?” pouted Jackson.

“Because I know you. You’ll just try to kiss my hand instead of shaking it,” smirked Mark.

“Beauty and brains. I’m the luckiest guy in the world,” laughed Jackson. Note to self, must come up with new tricks. Target is catching on.