Never Ever

Whisper You'll Stay With Me

Chapter 12

By the time Mark reached the ground, he was completely dry and put together. There was no trace of his y act in midair not too long ago aside for him being shirtless. Those close by were swooning over the shirtless prince and those not in eyesight were fighting to get a look.

“Seems like all eyes are on you brother,” whispered BamBam.

“Who would’ve thought our usually reserved brother was such an exhibitionist,” smiled Jinyoung.

“Don’t patronize me brothers. I just want to find a shirt as soon as possible,” said a slightly embarrassed Mark.

Jackson and his brothers landed slightly after the Light princes with Nichkhun and Youngaje trying to catch up.

“Thanks for the dazzling show Cousin Mark,” giggled Yugyeom.

“It sure was impressive. Didn’t think you had it in you cousin,” smirked JB.

“Oh god. Not you guys too,” blushed Mark, trying to be composed as they were walking towards their parents on the platform.

“So you’re not even going to say anything?” asked Jackson.

“About what?” said Mark.

“You know about you giving me a heart attack up there.”

“Yet you’re still here.”

“Really? You’re just going to act like stripping in midair is something you do all the time? You have anything to say for yourself?”

“I won,” proclaimed Mark.

“What?” asked a confused Jackson.

“The bet. Now you have to be nice to Cousin Nichkhun.”

“Are you serious? Please don’t make me,” begged Jackson.

“Are you not a man of your words Cousin Jackson?” rebuked Mark.

“Of course I am. But there’s different levels of nice and I can’t make any promises,” pouted Jackson.

Everyone reached the platform where the kings and queens were waiting.

“Dear what happened to your shirt?” asked the Light Queen.

“Yes Jackson and yours too,” said the Shadow Queen.

“Did something happen during the competition?” asked the Light King.

“Did anyone get hurt?” added the Shadow King.

“No one was hurt. We just ran into some turbulence in the sky. Isn’t that right Cousin Jackson?” responded Mark.

“Um…yes turbulence. What Cousin Mark said,” stumbled Jackson.

“Nichkhun why is your nose bleeding?” said the Sky King. “And someone please bring my nephews a change of shirts.”

“I think the turbulence hit Prince Nichkhun really hard,” smiled Youngjae.

“I’ll be fine father. Perhaps Cousin Mark can be so kindly as to help nurse my bleeding nose?” grinned Nichkhun.

“I’m sure brother got hit really hard too,” giggled Yugyeom.

“I concur,” smirked JB.

“No need for Cousin Mark’s help. I’ll be more than happy to help you Cousin Nichkhun,” said Jackson with a fake forced smile.

“See, I’m being nice,” whispered Jackson to Mark. As he went over and placed a cloth on Nichkhun’s nose.

“Ow…please be more gentle Cousin Jackson,” whined Nichkhun.

“I apologize Cousin Nichkhun. I don’t know my own strength,” giggled Jackson, trying not to laugh.

“Well now that everything is cleared up. Let’s proceed with the celebratory ceremony shall we,” said the Sky King. “The winner of the flashing contest is Prince Mark of the Light Realm.”

Mark smiled, bowed to all the kings and queens, and held up the golden feather to the audience. Everyone cheered and clapped happily admiring the prince.

“Now let’s drink and celebrate. Tomorrow’s contest will be knowledge based,” announced the Sky King.

 

Celebratory dinner…

“Congratulations Cousin Mark. Too bad I didn’t win. I really wanted to give you the golden feather. But in my defense I was rendered helpless. Thanks to a little someone,” teased Nichkhun.

“Oh Cousin Nichkhun, no need for the flattery. It was my pleasure to provide you a show,” interjected Jackson with a huge grin.

“I think Prince Nichkhun was talking about Prince Mark,” laughed Youngjae.

“I’m sure Cousin Jackson knows,” smiled Jinyoung.

“I don’t think brother cares though,” responded JB.

“I think Cousin Jackson being nice to Cousin Nichkhun is hilarious,” giggled BamBam.

“Brother should’ve known better than to bet with Cousin Mark,” laughed Yugyeom.

“Thanks everyone, but I think I’ll excuse myself after dinner,” said Mark.

“Aww why so early?” pouted Jackson.

“I think brother wants to rest up for tomorrow as well as reflect on his actions today,” said Jinyoung.

“Oooh if today’s surprise was any indication of what’s to come, I can’t wait,” said Yugyeom.

“Before you leave Cousin Mark, may I have a word in private please?” said Jackson.

Mark raised an eyebrow in question. “Um…sure Cousin Jackson.”

“Please excuse us,” said Jackson, more so directing it towards Nichkhun.

“Wonder what they have to discuss,” said Nichkhun. Youngjae just shrugged.

“I wager Cousin Jackson is going to make another bet,” whispered BamBam.

“I don’t doubt it,” responded JB.

“Will brother never learn,” said Yugyeom, as he shook his head. "Guess never ever."

“Can’t fault him for trying,” said Jinyoung.

 

Outside the dining hall…

“Let me guess, another bet?” stated Mark.

“How did you know?” said Jackson, pretending to be shocked which caused Mark to just roll his eyes.

“So what will it be this time? Still want me to keep my distance from Cousin Nichkhun?”

“With me being nice to him, I can just keep an eye on him in case he gets too close. So no need for that anymore. I want to make it more personal.”

“So what will it be this time?”

“If I win, you’ll go on a date with me,” smiled Jackson.

“Fine,” said Mark.

“What? That’s it. No fight at all? What’s your game my prince?”

“There’s no need. You’re not going to win anyways,” said Mark.

“That confident huh?” smirked Jackson.

“Have I given you any reason to doubt me?”

“Guess we’ll see tomorrow. Oh and Cousin Mark one more thing.” Before Mark could respond, Jackson leaned in and pecked him on the lips. “That’s what you get for putting on that strip show earlier,” as he ran away laughing.

Mark just stood there in shock, can’t believing Jackson just did that. Can’t say I hated it though, but I’m not going to tell him that. Why am I not so sure about tomorrow though?