Chapter 8

All Of Me

[Kim Hanbin]

 

The next morning, I woke up with the smell of...

 

FIRE?!

 

"What is going on?!" I rushed outside my bedroom. As far as I remember, I'm the only one living in this unit so no one is supposed to--

 

Oh, right.

 

"Uhm, sorry, I was trying to--"

 

"What the actual--! Get the fire extinguisher! Quickly!" She immediately complied. I put out the fire as fast as I can. I stared at my ruined kitchen.

 

I glared at the girl that I allowed to sleep in my guest room last night. What were you thinking, Kim Hanbin...

 

"S-S-S-Sorry! I was trying to repay you by cooking for you but--"

 

"You already know that you cannot cook, why can't you be smart at least once?" I'm trying to control myself right now. Breathe, Hanbin. Breathe.

 

"I'm really sorry! I'll pay--"

 

"Are you sure you have the money?" That shut her up. Seriously? "That'll cost you your salary for maybe 3 years, that is, if you still work for me."

 

"I will work hard, I promise..." Her head was down. Well, it's not like she can do anything about it.

 

"Whatever, just go home for now. You're excused at work for today." And I swear I cannot stand to be in the same space as this girl for now. I'm raging mad.

 

She immediately grabbed her things and left. I also called someone to fix the mess. I'll probably need to buy a new kitchen set. Gosh, just looking at the place makes me want to punch the wall.

 

I took a shower a few minutes later. I checked my phone and saw Ms. Hye Ju's name. Oh, what could be it? If it's about the kitchen, I swear my head will blow up.

 

[Hanbin-ah, the director's assistant told me that there's no shoot today since it's raining hard. I still don't know when it will resume. Oh, and I heard that your kitchen exploded? I'm about to ask someone to buy a new set but apparently no one's available so you gotta buy it yourself. That's it. I also have a meeting today, sorry.]

 

Ruined kitchen. Bad weather. Have to go outside. Useless personal assistant.

 

This is seriously a bad day.

 

--

 

I went to the supermarket. Luckily only a few people are here and most of them are elders. Well, no teenager would be wanting to go outside because of the rain. And it's really cold, too.

 

I was checking out the appliances when a familiar person caught my eye.

 

What is my personal assistant doing here?

 

And with another man?

 

They were both checking the rice cookers model by model. They were asking for each other's opinions and all. I tried to get close without them noticing so I can hear their conversation.

 

"Do you think this is nice enough?" She asked.

 

"This one looks better," the man said and took another one. "This would be great in our house." Hayi laughed a little and jokingly hit his arm.

 

Are they a married couple or what?

 

"No, seriously. Let's just ask the saleslady for the best. Come on." Then she pulled him by grabbing his wrist.

 

Aha. So my personal assistant also has it in her, huh? So she's seeing someone, and even living with him?

 

But why did that man not even worry about her not going home last night, or at least called her? He should've been worried. He's not reliable. He's not for Hayi.

 

What are you saying, Kim Hanbin?

 

Why am I even concerned about them? It's not like my business or what.

 

But somehow seeing the both of them like that makes me feel annoyed.

 

I wonder why.

 

--

 

As soon as I got home, I immediately put the new kitchen set to use. Finally, everything's under control.

 

I looked around my unit and saw that the door to my guest room is open. Aish. She should've at least closed the door.

 

I entered the room and saw that the bedsheets are still wrinkled. Does she have any sense of shame in her body? Fixing the sheets is a given when sleeping in someone else's house, particularly your boss! Ugh.

 

As I was folding the blanket, I saw that something is under.

 

Her cellphone.

 

Why is my personal assistant such an idiot?

 

I checked her phone. It has no password. Well, let's see what this girl hides in here.

 

I first checked her wallpaper. It was a picture of the Eiffel Tower. Hmm, so she loves this kind of stuff too. Then I swiped the screen open, it was a picture of her with the man she was earlier.

 

It made me want to throw the phone away.

 

Who is this man anyway? Her boyfriend or what?

 

I checked the contacts. It only contains Ms. Hye JuLee Suhyun, and Kim Jinhwan.

 

Is this Kim Jinhwan her boyfriend?

 

--

 

Yeah, yeah. Lame update. :( but, thanks for supporting ^^~