Chapter 10

All Of Me

[Lee Hayi]

 

"You don't look happy after seeing him," Jinhwan said as soon as I entered the car.

 

"I'm hungry," was all I said.

 

He patted my head. "Me too. Wanna grab something before going home?" He smiled and that set me at ease.

 

"That would be great."

 

--

 

"The rain has slowed down a little," I noticed as we were at a fast food chain.

 

"That's a good thing, then. I get really nervous when driving during this type of weather." We both knew that he seriously meant that. Because of that event.

 

"Hey, it's been a year. It's about time we stop thinking about it," I tried to console him but deep inside me I know that I feel the same.

 

"Yeah. Sorry," Jinhwan whispered and forced out a little smile.

 

A year ago, our lives were changed. A car accident happened, but that's all I remember. The thing is that I woke up in a hospital bed, and Jinhwan in another hospital bed beside me. 

 

Other than that, I can't remember anything.

 

--

 

"Lee Hayi, are you serious?"

 

"Never have I been this serious, Lee Suhyun. Please?"

 

My bestfriend chuckled. "Out of the blue, you're asking me to teach you how to cook? You've gone insane now."

 

I rolled my eyes. "I am not insane, and I'm doing this for myself."

 

She gave me a youre-really-serious-but-it-looks-ridiculous look. "You're not fooling anyone, Hayi. But let's just say that I believe that." She winked at me. I just smiled at her. "You're really good at baking, but why can't you simply cook?"

 

I shrugged. "Don't know. That's why I'm getting you to teach me."

 

--

 

The next day, I came to Hanbin's unit half an hour before eight. Ms. Hye Ju told me the password so I easily went in, and I can sense that Hanbin is still sleeping.

 

Okay, what could be a good breakfast? I think bacon and eggs will do, considering the time.

 

After fifteen minutes...I think it's not bad?

 

Suddenly I heard the door open. Shocks, Hanbin's awake.

 

"B-Breakfast is ready." That made him look at me.

 

"Did you make this?" He asked, pointing at the plate. I nodded slowly. "Are you sure?" I nodded and gave him a thumbs up. That's right, Hayi. Be positive. 

 

He raised an eyebrow and started eating. Not five minutes later he's already done. He stood up and went straight to the bathroom. I looked at the empty plate. He could've atleast said something, whether it's delicious or not.

 

Well, at least he'll leave the unit with a full stomach.

 

The doorbell rang. I hesitated at first if I should go check it but since Hanbin is taking a shower, I better go see the visitor.

 

"Who is--"

 

"Oh, hey there."

 

What is Kim Jiwon doing here?

 

**

 

Thank you as always :)