Chapter 17

All Of Me

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. IT WAS A TOUGH SCHOOL YEAR FOR ME (PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY, BELIEVE ME). God knows how many breakdowns I've had for the past year.

 

But now I'm okay. So here we go! :)

 

**

[Kim Hanbin]

 

A three-day vacation was given to us for me to rest. Sure enough, I know that's the purpose of it.

 

But what am I doing right now?!

 

"Yeah. Got a date. See you tomorrow."

 

What was that? She even has the time for a date?

 

I sneaked out to follow her. It has been an hour since she(or rather, we) have travelled. Is this even in Seoul?

 

Then the bus she was riding on was heading on a certain isolated structure.

 

Little Angels Orphanage.

 

 

Orphanage? How is she going to have a date at an orphanage?

 

As she unloaded the bus, I hid my car and found somewhere near to park that cannot be seen immediately.

 

Hayi really groomed herself up today, huh.

 

 

Dug dug.

 

Shut up, heart. Stop skipping a beat. I might die.

 

Hayi went inside, probably to see the kids. I don't know where to go because anytime she might see me.

 

I was just about to leave when...

 

"Oh, are you the mascot man? Aigoo, thank you for coming today, sir," an old woman told me. "Here's your costume. The restroom's at the back. We won't start the party without you!"

 

She handed me the paper bag and I don't know what has gotten into me but I indeed went to the restroom.

 

"Wait, what the am I doing here?" I told myself as my senses came back to me. I checked what was inside the paper bag and found a complete set of a Mickey Mouse costume.

 

WHAT. THE. HELL.

 

I LOVE THIS!

 

 

Hey, can I just take this home?

 

But...Hayi might be disappointed.

 

Ah . Why do I even care?

 

[Lee Hayi]

 

"Ahjumma, can't we start now?"

 

"Hayi-ah, I know you're excited but the mascot's not here yet. It would be fun for the kids later," she told me. I just smiled at her and just played with the kids to spare my time.

 

I went over to Kang Min, the star for today because it's his birthday.

 

"Hayi-nuna!" He ran to hug me. I happily carried him and gave his forehead a kiss. "I thought you wouldn't come..."

 

"Oh, why wouldn't I? Noona definitely won't miss your birthday." I put him down.

 

"But you said you were busy at work and school..." aw, look at that cute face.

 

"Yes, but noona will always make time for you, okay?" He returned a gummy smile. But his smile got wider as his eyes widened as well as he saw something behind me. 

 

I turned around and saw a Mickey Mouse mascot. 

 

Oh, but earlier the person we hired for the mascot sent me a text message saying he can't come. But now...?

 

Oh well, nevermind. Because...

 

OH GOSH IT'S SO CUTE!!!!!

 

"MICKEY MOUSEEEE!!" The kids happily shouted as they ran over to the mascot. 'Mickey' happily gave them high-fives in return.

 

It's going to be a very fun birthday party. As soon as he spotted Kang Min, he lifted him up and gave him a high-five. Of course, Mickey is Kang Min's favorite character. He looks like he's really happy.

 

Games were played by the kids, and I sometimes join them because who cares, all I want is to see them smile.

 

And what's making the party more fun was the mascot. It was so full of energy and you can't help but smile. I guess he/she's a pro at this kind of work now.

 

But what's weird is that the mascot kept on following me for some reason. I don't know. Maybe just overthinking.

 

The party ended and it's really hard to say goodbye to the kids.

 

And the thought of going back to school and work just and it can't be helped.

 

Once the kids were gone, I helped ahjumma clean the place. And the mascot guy/girl is helping too and I'm very thankful. But...

 

"Hey, isn't that costume hot? You can remove that now," I told him/her while laughing. The mascot immediately crossed his arms, saying no, and gave me two thumbs up. Well, I guess I can't do anything about that.

 

**

 

As I was about to leave, I forgot to say goodbye to ahjumma, so I went back.

 

"Thank you for helping us today. You really made the kids happy," I overheard ahjumma.

 

"Ah, it was nothing. I also had fun today." Wait...that voice is familiar...

 

Then I saw him.

 

Kim Hanbin, talking to ahjumma, while holding the Mickey Mouse costume in his arms.

 

**

 

I know that it has been almost a year since I last updated. And I'm really sorry for that.

 

From now on, I'll try to make an update everyday.

 

To you who has continued supporting this story, thank you very much :) ^^~