Chapter 15

All Of Me

[Lee Hayi]

 

I woke up to the presence of a blanket covering me. It felt so warm and nice I don't want to get up as it covers me. And then suddenly I was lifted which made my eyes dart open.

 

"WHAT IS HAPPENING--Oh."

 

A smiling Kim Jiwon was the first thing I saw.

 

So early in the morning.

 

I was about to say 'put me down', but I was too tired to do so.

 

And Kim Jiwon looks like he's more tired than me.

 

His eyes look droopy. Even though he's carrying me with ease, he looks like he needs more rest than me.

 

He put me down in the car that just came. Only now did I notice that he came to rescue us alone.

 

"Jiwon! Good thing you called! I thought..." Ms. Hye Ju said as soon as she got out of the car and Jiwon put me down.

 

"It's nothing, Ms. Hye Ju," he said in a very very tired voice. I kept on staring at him, thinking about why he would do this, when, how--"You continue to sleep, Hayi. I'll get Hanbin."

 

Before I could even muster a response, he fled to help Ms. Hye Ju wake up Hanbin and assist him.

 

I was just staring at them when the driver of the car spoke which made me look at her.

 

"Jiwon was nowhere to be found up until now. He ran absentmindedly yesterday to find you, and I'm sure he hasn't gotten any sleep just by looking at him," Oh Hayoung told me.

 

Is it just me or...she's trying to put the blame on me?

 

"Are you saying it's my fault?"

 

"Why? Do you think it is?" 

 

Wow, is this real? Last night I just considered her lucky for having Hanbin in her life, and now she's really like this? I am so wrong.

 

The car door opened and Hanbin sat beside me. Together with Jiwon, the three of us sat at the back. Hayoung drove alongside with Ms. Hye Ju.

 

And the car ride was hurtfully quiet.

 

**

 

When we came back, the director yelled at me for 'ruining' his shoot.

 

"How dare you make my actors go missing! Great! Now we've wasted a day because of your stupidity!" 

 

Everyone felt silent, all eyes on me. I wanted to defend myself, tell him that it really wasn't my intention to get lost, and that I didn't have any other means to try to get back. And the pain in my knee is hurting so much it burns.

 

"Sir, it was my choice to leave and go find her. You should not blame her."

 

My head turned to look at Kim Jiwon. Why?

 

"Even so! She's a nuisance! She doesn't help--"

 

"I had her do me an errand. And if you speak more, sir," Ms. Hye Ju butted in. "We will cancel the contract with this movie. I don't want to work with people like you."

 

My eyes widened. Ms. Hye Ju shouldn't do something so impulsively like that! This is Hanbin's career for God's sake!

 

In the end, the shooting was paused and the director let Hanbin and Jiwon rest for three days. 

 

**

 

When we arrived at Hanbin's unit, I helped Ms. Hye Ju bring his things as Hanbin slumped himself to bed. Ms. Hye Ju went to the door, but looked back when she saw that I didn't plan to leave.

 

"Hayi, among all of us, you deserve to rest the most. Come on." I knew it as well, so I followed Ms. Hye Ju.

 

She even offered me a car ride when I was supposed to call Jinhwan (oppa, kekeke), so I just let her be.

 

"Ms. Hye Ju, can I ask for a favor?"

 

"Sure honey, what is it?"

 

"Can we go to Jiwon's unit for a while?"

 

[Kim Jiwon]

 

When I got back to my own unit, the first thing I did was to sleep. I later woke up at around 4 in the afternoon, with my stomach growling.

 

I went out of my bedroom and went straight to the kitchen. I opened the refrigerator to find something to eat, but I noticed something on my table.

 

A small basket of fruits, some cold medicine, and a bowl of instant ramen.

 

My thoughts flew to figure out who gave me this, but a small sticky note gave me the answer.

 

[Eat this. You'll feel better. - Hayi]

 

 

A wide smile worthy of the press was plastered on my face.

 

I got one apple and took a bite as I can't help but giggle.

 

You're really the best, Lee Hayi.

 

**

 

Thank you :)