Chapter 1

All Of Me

Hanbin woke up to the sound of that annoying alarm.

 

“Why did I even choose this irritating sound,” he muttered to himself as he swiped the alarm off. A few minutes later he decided to get up.

 

A post-it note was pasted on her side table. “Movie shooting starts today,” it said.

 

Oh, right.

 

He almost forgot that he is Kim Hanbin, the Kim Hanbin. The award-winning actor Kim Hanbin.

 

A phone call butted his thoughts.

 

“Hell—“

 

“Hanbin-ah! Thank God you’re awake! This is the fifteenth call I’ve—“

 

“What do you want now, manager-noona?”

 

“The shooting starts in half an hour! I’ll fetch you and we’ll go straight to the set, got it? See you!”

 

.

 

Hanbin arrived 30 minutes late because it took him a long time to take a bath, plus the heavy traffic.

 

“Kim Hanbin! Do you know what time it is already?” The director scolded him as he arrived. 

 

Hanbin shrugged. “I don’t know. Do you?” The director almost exploded because of his anger, but told the staff to move quickly because the main actor is already here.

 

“Took you long enough to arrive, sweetie.”

 

Hanbin looked up, only to see his leading lady in the movie. He smirked.

 

“Why, did you miss me, Oh Hayoung?”

 

“Well I thought you missed me?”

 

Hanbin put his arm around Hayoung’s shoulders and kissed her hair.

 

“Of course I did,” he blurted as he smiled sweetly at her.

 

Who is Oh Hayoung? Kim Hanbin’s loveteam partner in the movies, and in real life. They first met each other when Hayoung was new to showbiz, and Hanbin called it ‘love at first sight’. They had great chemistry and always paired up in romance plots, and now are finally together.

 

“Let’s start?” Hayoung asked. Hanbin nodded and proceeded with the movie shoot.

 

---

 

A few days later...

 

“Hanbin’s fanmeeting is today! Suhyun! Are you ready?”

 

“Yes Hayi! I can’t wait!”

 

Lee Hayi checked her belongings to see if she forgot anything. Money, check. Poster for Hanbin to sign, check. A brand new Sharpee for Hanbin to hold later just in case, check. Her heart, hmm, check?

 

As Suhyun, her bestfriend, walked out the door, she followed her steps. 

 

“I can’t wait to see him! Gosh, I bet he’s more handsome in person than in the TV screen. I’ve watched the latest episode in his drama, have you seen it? He’s really...” Suhyun listened to Hayi and let out a smile as she spoke with her sparkling eyes, probably dreaming about Hanbin and imagining the scenario of the fanmeeting later.

 

As they arrived at the venue, Hayi skipped happily while dragging Suhyun to the sea of people waiting for Hanbin. While waiting in line, Hayi felt the urge to go to the restroom, and so she did as she told Suhyun to wait in line.

 

As she was inside the cubicle, she heard a bunch of girls enter the restroom as well. Her ears perked up when she heard what they were talking about.

 

“I have a contact person inside, we can go inside Hanbin’s waiting room and execute our plan.” What plan?

 

“I can’t wait to see how the media will react, and also his fans. It will be the biggest scandal of the year.”

 

“Yes, and Kim Hanbin will totally fall down. Well, who cares? He might be handsome, but he’s an arrogant and selfish actor. He doesn’t deserve it.”

 

Hayi can’t stay calm anymore. She opened the door and saw the faces of the three girls who were talking behind Hanbin’s back.

 

“What right do you have to speak that way? How can you judge Hanbin like that? Do you even know him personally?”

 

A girl stepped up to her as a smirk showed on her face. “ Why, do you?”

 

Hayi froze. Of course. It’s not like she knew Hanbin personally either. 

 

“I may not, but I don’t talk behind his back like some stupid people out there.”

 

That did it for the girls. “What did you say?!”

 

One grabbed Hayi’s hair. Another one trapped her arms behind her. The other one punched her stomach and slipped her leg, causing Hayi to fall down.

 

“Let’s run before she gets us!” The three girls escaped as Hayi was growling in pain.

 

No...they’re planning something against Hanbin. I can’t let them put Hanbin in danger.

 

Hayi got up despise the pain, and got out of the restroom, barely. She asked the people around if they saw those troubling girls and lucky enough, she found them entering the backstage. She rushed to follow them but a big guy blocked her.

 

“Sorry, miss, but you can’t pass through this point.”

 

“No! Sir, those girls just now are planning something bad! I have to go to Hanbin to warn him or talk to someone inside at least!”

 

“Your act won’t work, young lady. Those girls warned me that a crazy woman might be following them and make up stories so she can get inside. Now, turn around and go while I’m being nice.”

 

“I am not making up any story! They’re the ones who’re lying! Believe me, sir, please!”

 

“Don’t make me use my fists to send you away, miss. You better go now.”

 

Hayi stopped struggling with a saddened look. She turned around and walked a few steps. After that, she looked back and saw the bouncer walking towards the opposite direction. She saw this as a chance to sneak in.

 

“Hey, where are you going!”

 

“I’m sorry, sir! I have to protect Hanbin!”

 

Hayi ran inside with all her energy remaining. After a few turns she spotted the girls entering some room. Hayi ran as fast as she could and saw them putting drugs into what looked like Hanbin’s bag. Hayi grabbed the drugs away from them.

 

“Stop that!” Hayi shouted which caused attention. 

 

A few staff got alarmed and entered the room. But a certain voice sent goosebumps to Hayi’s body.

 

“What the hell is going on in my waiting room?!”

 

Oh no. Kim Hanbin’s first impression of me is not good.