Feeling somehow left out or dumb

New home-new adventures?

It’s been a few days since I had dinner with Mino. We saw each other now and then, but did not have dinner again. I spent my time mostly with Leo, university stuff and Zico. He even helped me with homework. Unfortunately Leo was not very fond of him. Every time he came over Leo would stay by my side, clawing at him just so he would stay away. I couldn’t understand. He was so fond of Hanbin, Bobby and Mino, so why couldn’t he give Zico a chance?

Today I had another date with him. He wanted me to meet his friends-meaning he wants me in his life! It would just be a normal hangout, nothing too fancy. Nevertheless I was excited. It was Zico, how could I not be excited?

He wanted me to come over to their hangout around 5pm, so I decided I could bring cookies with me, as a ‘nice to meet you’ present. Sending me the address, I hoped I could find it without problems. And he was right when he said it was not that difficult to find. To be more specific, they met in an old garage, abandoned from others where they could do what they want. I liked it. In the city, you always had to think of your neighbour, ‘what if my music is too laud, what if I’m disturbing’ and such things. Another things that was different than the village.

When I entered, Zico came to me, took my boy full of cookies and showed it to his friends, 6 of them. They began to grin.

“Yay, homemade cookies. I didn’t eat them since forever! I like you. Ey Zico, can I marry her?” One of Zico’s friends asked. I wouldn’t fancy that! Who does he think he is?

“Kyung. Stop. She’s off limits” Zico answered. Off limits? Did that mean he was interested in me? Before I could ponder over what he said another one of his friends came to me and introduced himself. Well at least one of his friends was polite.

“Hi. I’m Taeil, eldest of us all. Come sit with us, I’ll introduce the rest.” He brought me over to a large couch- which they needed because they were seven without me. “You already know Zico, obviously, and the one who wants to marry you is Kyung, his bestest of friends. The pretty one on your left is Jaehyo, next to him is Minhyuk-“ Minhyuk interrupted. “HYuuuung.”  Have no idea why he was complaining, until Taeil corrected himself, “Well, call him B-Bomb. Next to me is U-kwon and the youngest one is Pyo.” Pyo didn’t sound like his real name. I looked at him questioningly. He smiled.

“You can call me Jihoon. That’s my real name. Are you a noona?” He was so cute! Even if I was younger, I didn’t know that, he looked like he was at least 1 year younger.

“I’m 18. How old are you?” I answered. Their next reaction bothered me a bit. All of their eyes went big and they stared at me, then at Zico and Jihoon’s mouth was wide open.
“What? Do I look that old?” They were not very nice to me.

Everybody started protesting. B-Bomb elaborated “No of course not. But… Normally Zico likes older women and since your is POI” He shrugged. Oh I’m an exception. But what is an POI?

Suddenly my phone started ringing. “Sorry boys, I have to take this” I apologized.

“Hello?” I didn’t look at the number calling me.

“Haneul-ah? Mino here!” He spoke fast and as if he was in a rush.

“Ah Mino-ya! Why are you calling me? What do you want?” Why did he have to interrupt my time with Zico? That was not fair. On the other hand, it could be really urgent.

“No time. Come home. Hanbin and Bobby came over to me, beaten up. I need your help, I’m not a nurse” I snorted at that comment. And I was a nurse? For ’s sake, I was a university student! But what he said about Hanbin and Bobby was disturbing.

“Are they okay? Is it bad? I’m coming, be there in 10. Just put cold cloths over their heads, don’t let them move to much and don’t let them sleep. See ya” With these words I hung up. Seemed like my hangout with Zico and friends had to wait. My friends needed me.

I turned around and looked into 7 faces full of diverse emotion. Zico looked at me with anger, Jihoon was sad and the others didn’t really know what was going on.

“Sorry guys, but my neighbours need me. I‘ll see you. Zico, will text you. I’m really sorry.” And with that I was out the door.

----

I nearly ran home mostly because I didn’t know how bad Hanbin or Bobby or both were injured. As I arrived I could hear loud voices coming from Mino’s. I followed them.

“How could you be so damn stupid? I know we are not the bestest of friends, or friends at all, but are you really that dumb?” I could hear Mino shouting, probably at the boys. But why was he so angry? Did they do something wrong?

“Mino-ssi, we’re sorry. Truly. But, you know, it’s HIM and HER. How does that work out?” Bobby answered. I’m just gonna stand here and listen.

“It’s HER life. So let it be. You’re not responsible for her. I’m not happy either, but there’s nothing I can do than be a good friend now. So shut up. I’m gonna look if I can see her down the street” That’s when I decided to ring the bell, if not that would be suspicious. As Mino opened, he seemed relieved.

“Thank God you’re here. Come in, I have the first aid box, but you’re better with it than me.” Showing me inside, I saw Hanbin and Bobby sitting on his couch. They looked bad. Not nearly as bad as Taehyun when he was in the hospital, but not good either.

“What did you guys do? Do you have a concussion? Why are your clothes ripped? And where were you?” I bombarded them with questions. I’ll treat them in exchange for information. OR not, because they didn’t want to answer my questions. They just stared at me, and then started smiling.

“Haneul! You’re back! We wanted to go see you with our wounds, but you weren’t home. And we don’t have your phone number. Sorry if we interrupted something, wherever you were.” Okay, Hanbin seemed rather happy, so I could assume their wounds were not that big of a deal.

I treated their wounds in silence because I was still a little grumpy that they ruined my day with Zico. And I couldn’t understand how they got into a fight, they were such sweet and young boys. I decided to ask Mino.

As both of them changed their clothes (because they were full of blood) I went to Mino who was sitting in his room.

“Mino-ah? Can I come in?” I asked, just to make sure it was okay.

“Sure thing, come in. You look deep in thoughts. What is it?” He was sharp, I had to admit.

“You never told my why Taehyun was in the hospital, who did this to him. And now Hanbin and Bobby are injured. Can you tell me what is going on? Do I have to fear that you’re gonna be injured too in near future?” I started to ramble, so Mino just hugged me.

“Just calm down. I‘m grateful that you’re helping us, but I can’t tell you. You’ll never believe me. And it’s better this way. And no, I promise you I won’t get injured. Okay?” He was sincere, looking into my eyes and smiling softly.

“Aish, okay, fine. Don’t tell me. Just be careful. I’m gonna watch if the boys have changed clothes. They borrowed yours, just so you know.” And with that comment I was out the door, leaving him dumbfounded.

The rest of the day was mostly talking about where Hanbin and Bobby were- they were out of town for the whole week, seeing relatives, I didn’t know if it was true or not, but I didn’t ask further.

---

It’s been a couple of days since that incident and I was hanging out with Zico again. He asked me out and we sat in his hide out- alone I might add- and talked. But he seemed on edge, not really listening to what I was saying, always looking at his phone.

“Zico, if you have something to do, just say it and we’ll hang out some other day” I repeated for the nth time, but he didn’t want to hear any of that.

“Actually, I wanted to ask you something. So don’t flip out-“ before he could finish, his phone went off. “Sorry, have to take this”

“Yes?---Of course, count me in---I’ll be there in 5---See ya” It was a short call, I couldn’t get what it was about, but he turned to look at me, smiled apologetic and then added.

“I’ll come by your house when I’m finished. This talk Is not over. Wait for me” And then he was gone. Strange guy, but cute guy. And hot. And y and… Whatever. So I went back home, played with Leo and cooked myself dinner. Alone, unfortunately. Until my phone rang. Seriously, some of these days I’m going to throw it away.

“Hello? Who’s this?” I asked.

“Haneul, it’s me. I can’t make it, unfortunately, I’m sorry. And I’m gonna be outta town for a while. But- before I go, do you wanna see me? I’ll be at the hangout at 12am. If you want, you can meet me there.” He didn’t even wait for my answer! But what should I do. Maybe what he wanted to tell me was important? Should I see him?

I decided to ask Leo.

“Hey, Leo, come here. Should I go or not?” I asked him. He looked at me, blinked and then meowed.

“does that mean yes? Please, can’t you be a little more specific? I’m having a mental breakdown here Leo, and all you do is confusing me.” What did I expect? Leo talking like the cats in “the cat returns”? To be honest, yes. At this point I needed somebody to tell me what to do. Should I stay or should I go?

Midnight was nearing, and I didn’t know what to do. I really wanted to see Zico and hear what he had to say, but what if it’s not important and then he will be gone? I don’t want to be delusional. But Zico never talked serious if it wasn’t something important, and he wasn’t joking back then…

---

This is how I found myself in front of their Hangout at 11:55p sharp. My brain told me to just give it a go. Zico was important to me. End of story.

But I was afraid of going in. Seeing him a last time would surely be good, but at the same time hard. I didn’t know how long he would be gone. A week? A month? More? My inner voice started talking again.

Just stop with your nonsense. Go in, it’s Zico. You like him, he is a friend. GO!

And just like that I had persuaded myself. So I went in. Zico was sitting there, not noticing me.

I coughed, making him notice me. He looked up and started smiling

“Hey, I didn’t think you would come. Sorry to be so rough, but I really wanted to ask you something, even before I knew I had to go away..” He was guilty.

“How long will you be gone?” I asked, hoping it would not be that long.

“At least a month, probably more, maybe less- but that’s unlikely. Sorry. But my question was not involving my journey.” He came nearer.

“Yeah? What’s it about? If you need anything, I can get you money, if you have to go to jail. But please don’t go to jail-“ I started rambling, but he stopped me. By kissing me. It was just a really short kiss, but I loved every millisecond of it.

“Haneul. Will you be my girlfriend?” He looked deep into my eyes, quiet frankly speeking he was staring, but it was romantic.

 

Woah, didn’t suspect that question….

 

 

 

 

I wanted to upload it like 4 hours ago, but my asianfanfic had small technical problems. This one is a little bit shorter than the rest, but there is much going on!