Not everything is easy

New home-new adventures?

So I decided to write back to Zico. Sure, where do you wanna meet? I have time today, but then my friend comes to stay with me… I wanted to hang out with him so much, he seemed nice, confident and funny, and I would surely regret if I didn’t take this opportunity.

Text me your address, I’m gonna pick you up. Let’s have cookies and fun! You see what he did there? Now I was sure what I wanted.

XXXXX Number 2b, just surprise me. See you later. Is this a date? Should I wear something pretty? Or comfortable? Skirt? Nah, that might be a little too much. I’m, just gonna wear what represents me.

He came by at 3, smiling cutely when I opened the door. “Hey, you ready? I thought we’ll just go to a little café around the corner; explore the neighbourhood since you’ve not been around much.”

Woah isn’t that nice. I really haven’t seen much around here. I am not a very sportive person, so I don’t like to take walks or ride the bicycle. Not my style. So I was somehow grateful he wanted to show me around, but at the same time eating cake or cupcakes.

“Good idea. You’re right; I’ve not been around much. Would be nice to get to know the area” Said, done. He first brought me to a little café named “Moravez” where we had hot chocolate, very good cookies and a long talk and I came to the conclusion I could trust him. He didn’t seem bad, he was open and funny and even older than Mino. We joked around and I felt at ease. It was like we knew each other a long time.

He held his promise and showed me around. I even found a supermarket that was nearer my house, some old, uninhabited houses and lots of creepy looking guys. Come to think of it, I nearly never see any girls around here, like they avoid the area. Zico held me close to him, even put his arm around me and I had butterflies in my tummy! Even though I didn’t know him, he was charming and had me wrapped around his little finger. Later on he brought me home, gentleman-like, and promised to write again. So now I had to tell my friend another story.

Inside, Leo looked rather mad at me, like he didn’t want me going out with Zico. “Good evening to you to, Leo. Don’t look so mad, I wasn’t even gone long. And you could go out, chase some mice, make some friends, like I do” Great, it’s becoming a habit to talk to Leo. I’m turning into a freak.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next morning I was awoken by loud banging against my backdoor. At 6am. “Who the wants to die by my hands now? I am not ready to face a new day” I grumbled seemingly sleepy and pissed.

As I opened it, I was greeted by two very enthusiastic guys, hands full of food and a loud “GOOD MORNING HANEUL” Seriously, who told them to come by at that hour? Did I leave a post it on my door saying “I love to be awoken at 6am on a Saturday morning to eat with you. Just come by”?

They didn’t even seem to mind my unresponsive me, because they just came in.

“Wuah, it is exactly how I pictured it. Like a real home, with lots of pictures!” Bobby exclaimed because for him it’s a first to be in my house.

“Uhm, guys, it’s not that I don’t like you and all, but I had a real nice tea time yesterday, a wonderful date and great sleep until you came by at 6am to bring me breakfast? As nice as that is, don’t you both think it’s a bit too much?” Oops, I didn’t want to tell them about my date with Zico yesterday. Too late now. Even worse was that the moment I said date, both turned their head, eyes getting bigger by each second.

“You had a date? But Mino was home the whole day…” Bobby wondered. Seriously, do I look like I just have these three as friends?

“I do have other acquaintances, thank you very much. It’s not like I have to tell you every time where I am, what I am doing and with whom I spend my time. But if you insist, I really had a date. With a guy from around here. Maybe you know him, his name is Zico and-“

“WHAT?! ZICO?!” Aish, Hanbin just ruined my hearing with his screaming. But seems like he knows him.

“Yeah. You know him? He already said that he’s quite popular in this neighbourhood. But he’s also super sweet and a gentleman” I started getting into raptures. On the other hand where they the ones that wanted to know more about the date, so they’re at fault here.

“Haneul… You’re a grown up woman, as far as a 18 year old can be grown up, so we won’t interrupt. We’re not happy with your choice of guys to date, but we’re here for you if you need somebody to talk to. And now we will just go. I heard your friend wants to stay the week-end, so have fun” Bobby was serious about the whole thing and they both seemed to hide their thoughts about Zico. Men. All the same. They were behaving like I was their little sister. They brought breakfast, fresh fruits, cornflakes, everything one could ask for. Not gonna let that go to waste.

And that is how I had breakfast at 6:30am on a Saturday. My friend wanted to arrive around lunchtime, and I started cleaning the house. With Leo being outside, probably playing with Mino’s flowers, nothing could interrupt me. It wasn’t long until I finished and sat down again, exhausted. I still had 2 hours left until Eunji arrived, so I took my favourite novel, a chair and sat outside. The weather seemed nice enough, 18 degrees and a little bit of sun. After a while I started to doze off…

---

RRRING!!!! This was definitely not my day in terms of waking up. Looking at the clock, I realised that this should be Eunji at the door. “HANEUL! Open that door right now! I hope for you you didn’t just sleep!” She didn’t seem very happy. What is her problem?

“Coming! Just had to put my book away! AAAND I’m here” with these words I opened the door, hugging my seemingly mad friend and taking her luggage inside. “Why are you fuming? Did someone steal your chocolate this morning?” mental note: Don’t make fun of your friends when they’re mad. Doesn’t end very nice.

“You know what happened? I wanted to buy you a little gift, not far from here in a little café, don’t know the name anymore. They had great cakes. I even found cherry cake, your favourite. And just as I wanted to buy it, a guy comes in, ignores the line and freaking orders the last piece of cherry cake. Naturally I started to argue, because really, that was my piece, or more like yours. He with that pretty face but that ty attitude. I ing hate it around here. Don’t you just want to come back into the village again?” And I thought for a moment it was something serious. I’m an idiot.

“That’s it? Someone stole your cake? What are you, 12?”

“Yeah, on a scale of 1 to 10, I might be a 12, thank you very much. And now, tell me everything. How are your neighbours, are you eating well? Are you lonely? Do you need another hug? Oh come here baby!” Here comes another hug. Good god, how do I live through this weekend? Then, for the first time in my life, it seemed, I had an idea.

“Hey, how about you get to know my friends around here? We could make a bonfire in our garden. Tonight? Maybe?”

“OH yes yes yes yes. Absolutely, I love that idea!” Sure thing, she will get to know my friends. While she started searching for a good recipe for stick cake, I notified the others

Haneul created the group “Bonfire”

Haneul added Mino, Hanbin and Bobby.

Hi guys. My friend’s over and she wants to meet you. How about bonfire in our garden tonight? We’ll have marshmallows and stick cake. If you want any alcohol you have to buy it on your own :p

It took them a while to reply, but they were all in. Just then I noticed I forgot Zico. On the other hand… He is not my friend, I didn’t even know him enough. But Eunji wanted to meet all, so I wrote Zico separately.

Do you have time tonight? I want you to meet my other friends plus my best friend’s in town. What do you think?

He replied almost immediately. Sure thing, count me in. Do I have to bring something? Food? Drinks?  Aww, he really is a gentleman, always thinking about what he could do.

I told him he could just come by at 8pm without bringing anything. We are 6 people, we won’t eat that much.

-------------

While baking and arranging the bonfire Eunji and I shared the events of the past 2 weeks with one another. She told me a guy asked her out, Seunghyun, and she agreed under the condition that they’ll get to know each other even better. When looking at her one could see she was smitten. He even brought her to university every morning. How I wish someone would do that with me too.

I told her about Zico, about our meeting and my first date since my break-up with my ex. Sure thing he was a douche, and Eunji always told me she “knew it right from the start”. But how should I know? I don’t have a detector for bad guys. Come to think of it, would be great to invent such a thing. Saves thousands of women the heartbreak. Of course she wanted to meet him, evaluating him and interrogating, just to look if he is the right guy. I learned from my ex that Eunji is good at judging people’s true colour. I didn’t think Zico wouldn’t pass. He is ideal.

Suddenly my phone buzzed. Sorry Haneul, I can’t make it at 8. Will come later. Bye.

Strange message from Zico. Normally he replied with longer sentences, but maybe he had to work longer.

This is how we were 5 people around the bonfire at 8 and Eunji was introduced to my neighbours.

“okay, Mino, come here. This is my friend Eunji. We grew up together. Be nice!” Mino was not very happy to be the first one to be introduced, but he stayed nice, joked and sat down again. Just so you know, Mino sat on one side of me, Eunji on the other, and next to Eunji sat Hanbin and Bobby, as far away from Mino as possible.

“And the other two are Hanbin and Bobby. You can also call him Jiwon, he likes that” I . “No please don’t do that. I absolutely hate that name. Just stick with Bobby.” He explained.

“Fine. So you are her neighbours and friends. It’s good to see that she made some friends at all, but I warn you. Don’t treat her bad or you’ll get it from me. She’s my baby, and I won’t tolerate you hurting her. On the other hand, please help her whenever she needs help, and protect her. I heard this neighbourhood is not the nicest one.” Huh, some deep she’s talking.

“Uhm, Eunji, did you know that Hanbin is your senior? You’re his Noona!” I knew she loved the fact to be a Noona, she’s a er for these things. I hate to be called Noona or Unnie, let alone call someone Oppa. That’s not me.

“REALLY?! You should call me Noona, Hanbin-ah. Respect is everything” She scolded him. At first Hanbin didn’t seem very happy, but then an evil smile formed. I suspect the worst.

“Noona, I’ll call you that, but Haneul-ah doesn’t want to call us all Oppa. What do you say now? Doesn’t she need to be respectful?” That little demon, I’m gonna kill you in your sleep.

“Haneul! What’s with you and Oppa? Just call ‘em Oppa, it’s not like your tongue will fall off.” Wuah and now she’s scolding me. Meanwhile Mino and Bobby started laughing at my face. I looked like I ate a whole lemon. I’m really uncomfortable with the word Oppa.

Thankfully I was saved by my alarm clock. “Oh look, our stick cake is ready. I’m gonna get it. Just stay here” That brought laughter to the whole round, and I couldn’t even be mad at Hanbin Oppa. Nope, not gonna happen.

I brought it outside and we started sticking it on wooden sticks. Around an hour later my doorbell rang. “Oh, that must be the last person.” Eunji exclaimed, happy we would be complete now.

I opened the door, let Zico in and took him to the garden. The moment he laid eyes on the boys, he growled and pushed me behind him. “What are these doing here?” he asked. I didn’t understand. Why did they not like each other? Was there some unfinished business? Did Mino steal Zico’s food and said it was Hanbin? What did I miss?

“But Zico, you don’t even know them. And they are my neighbours and friends. So just sit down and-“

“Woah, you’re that ty attitude guy from the café this lunch. For your information, it was my cake! Not yours! You had no right to just buy it in front of my eyes.” Eunji stood up and pointed at Zico. Now I was confused.

“Wait, Eunji, Zico was the one who bought the last piece of cherry cake? But he’s a gentleman. He wouldn’t do that” I defended him. I couldn’t imagine Zico doing such a thing. Never in a million years.

Eunji and Zico glared at one another. Whatever floats their boats. I shifted to sit down again next to Mino, but Zico had none of that.

“You are not sitting next to that idiot. Mino, go sit with B.I and Hanbin, I’m sitting next to my princess.” Haaaa he called me princess. Immersed in my daydreaming I didn’t even get what he said to Mino. Oops.

Seems like it wouldn’t be that simple to make them all friends…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New chapter, YAY!

That picture is Eunji from Apink, and I just took her for my Eunji.

By the way, I'm gonna update again in the next few days, not exactly sure when^^

Hope you're satisfied with my writing... Just to warn you, next chapter will probably revolve just around Eunji and Haneul with little bits of the boys.