Friendmaking is difficult

New home-new adventures?

I wrote Bobby that I wanted to make nice Couscous, to which he replied:

Do we look like Couscous-eaters? Can’t you just make meat?

Seriously, I want to make something nice, and they just want the simplest.

No. I am vegetarian. So no meat. How about Sushi? Or seafood? I replied. Should have told them from the start. Oops.

WHAT the? When did you want to tell us? Haneul, if we want to be friends you have to tell us these things

What? Now you know. Better late than never, right? Well I’m coming over at 4, so be ready by then.

And that is exactly how you make friends. Not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, I went over and was welcomed by Bobbys grinning face and a big hug.

“Uh, It’s nice to see you too, but why the hug?” I was surprised and a little bit taken aback cause I didn’t expect such a tight hug.

“Well, I like you, so as friends I can hug you. And you’re making me food.” That is a logic I can’t really argue with.

“Hey Bobby! Don’t just let her stand in the doorway! And I want to see her too. Just so you know. Junhoe wants to come over and meet her.”

“What? But Hanbin-ah! I want her for myself”
“Uh, excuse me. But I am not an object. You are really nice and I would like to meet your friend, but That’s it.” Tell ‘em, Haneul. You can do it!

 

20 minutes and 2 glasses of wine later I was starting dinner. They bought prawns, rice, sauces, everything I asked for. Nice

“Hey guys, can I ask how old you are?” I started small talk. And I was really interested. I mean I am in their house, cooking for them, but I knew nothing about them.

“Hanbin-ah’s nearly 20 and I am a year older. Are you a Noona. From the way you look I don’t think so, but I just want to make sure” Bobby started rambling, shooting the question back.

“What? You are THAT old? Woah, I thought you would be 1 or two years older than me… I am 18, by the way, so barely legal. Do you know how old Mino is?” I teased them, because really, they were not that old.  At that new question Hanbins face started getting darker. Bobby on the other hand didn’t seem to mind.

“You’ll laugh, but he is even older than us. He’s 23.” At that information I was overwhelmed. I didn’t think he would be 5 years older. Now I felt even younger.

“Hey, if you are just 18, you’ll have to call us Oppa!” Hanbin had that idea. I don’t like that word. Calling somebody Oppa was desperate. I wasn’t desperate. Just as I was about to reply the doorbell rang.

“That should be Junhoe!” Bobby squealed and ran to the door. I heard a loud thud and more than one voice, so I looked to Hanbin who just shrugged his shoulders. Not even a minute later 5 boys plus Bobby and Hanbin stood in the kitchen, all looking at me.

“Uh, Hi? I’m Haneul, and you are?” Was my first reflex. Maybe wrong, because one guy ran towards me and hugged me to death. “Wah, can we keep her? She is soooo pretty! And she can cook. I like her. “ He babbled.

“Donghyuk! Stop it. And who told you to come over? We wanted to have dinner, but not with you all!” Hanbin was mad, I could sense it. So I just went back to making dinner, letting them fight between them. After 15 minutes, some small questions and a lot of smiles the boys left, leaving us three alone again.

I had a really good time with both of them, we got to know each other, talked, joked, and I really think we’ll be good friends. I came home late, but happy and full of food.

I wasn’t even inside when somebody pushed passed me, went into my house and pulled me with him.

“Mino, what are you doing? It is-“I looked at the clock “past 11, I want to go to bed, and you should sleep too. What do you want” Okay, I was annoyed. But really, who does he think he is to just barge into my house.

“Are you okay? Did they do anything to you?” He looked scared. As if he was worried. After not responding, he came closer and hugged me. “Good God I was so worried. I don’t want to lose you.” He seemed to care about me. A lot. Even though I knew him less than Hanbin and Bobby.

“Hey Mino. Wanna stay here? You can sleep on the couch so you can be sure I don’t vanish in the middle of the night” Well, I was not taking it seriously, but his eyes sparkled and he nodded.

“Yep, totally. Thank you” Well, he seemed relieved, so I had nothing against it. I should have thrown him out.

One hour after going to bed I heard my bedroom door open. I just thought it was Leo, like always, checking on me if I was still alive but at the same time asleep to start using my walls as a claw sharpener again. But it wasn’t. Footsteps were heard and then my bed sank beside me. He really went to lay in my bed!

“Haneul? Psst? Haneul?” I didn’t want to talk, so I just laid still and played dead. ”okay, then good night for you. And thanks that I can spend the night. I just don’t want to share you with others like B.I and Bobby. Even though we are nearly strangers, but I hope that will change.”

Woah, didn’t expect that. After that he was quiet, probably sleeping. He rolled over and put his arm around me. It’s warm. And soft……

------

Waking up next to a nearly boy was not what I was used to.
“MINO! GET OUT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” Then I remembered. He slept here. . But he was already in the living room.

“Hey, I’m really sorry. I’ll just go okay?” Woah I must have scared him.

“Nah sorry, stay, I’ll make coffee and breakfast. By the way, are you really THAT old?” as what I said when I started putting things on the table.

“What does that mean. 23 is not that old. I mean you are probably 20 or 21, so I’m not that much older.” Hah, how wrong he was. I wanted to see his face when I tell him. So I turned towards him.

“You thought wrong. I’m 18” I smirked.

“Bwoh? For real? You-You really are just 18. Now I feel bad for sleeping beside you.”

“You should feel bad even if I was 22! You!!!!” We laughed. And throughout breakfast we got to know each other. Like his love for Leo, and vice versa. He then bid goodbye and went to Seungyoon, to do “stuff guys his age do”. Whatever that means.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing my friend Eunji wants to come that weekend, I went to the supermarket and bought food, like she requested. Just then she wrote: Hope you got me some chicken. I need meat, MEAT!

my life, I just came back, but I didn’t buy any meat. My phone buzzed again. And don’t even think about letting it slide. Otherwise I’m gonna eat you in your sleep. I love her, but she is scary from time to time. So I had to go outside again. RIGHT.

On my way to the supermarket I came face to face with an extremely handsome blond guy.

“Hi. You’re new, aren’t you? Name’s Zico.” He held out his hand, looking sincerely interested.

“Yeah, well, not that new anymore, I’m Haneul.” I shook his hand and returned his forming smile.

“okay, I’m gonna get going. See you around” I wanted to get going, but he held my wrist.

“Just wait. Can I have your number? You’re cute, and I wanna see ya again.” Normally I would decline, but he was looking hopefully at me, with these cute big eyes…. I had to give in. So I gave him my number. Can still block him if he’s a creep. We bid each other goodbye and I bought meat for Eunji. Just then I got a message:Hey, it’S Zico. Was nice meeting you. Wanna hang out again? Later on?

Should I or should I not?

 

 

 

Okaaaay, I am sorry because I told you I would update Tuesday, but I am inspired and I wanted to write. It is as long as the second chapter, and I think I'm gonna make all chapters that long. Just the first chapter as an introduction may stay that short.

 

Well, that pic of Zico is not my favorite hairstyle, but I thought it would suit that story

Bye