meeting new people

New home-new adventures?

Taking the last box inside, I looked back a last time, seeing my friend waving at me. I nearly started to cry, so I was grateful that she started the car and drove away.

You stupid girl, who wanted to move away? She told you from the start that you would regret it!

Just for your information, my name is Haneul. I come from a really really REALLY small village where I also grew up, and I liked it. But… how to say-I knew I was different. My style, my character, my colourful clothes, my hobbies…

I just felt misplaced most of the times. The only thing that held me there was my friend. She encouraged me, held me there. I managed to live 18 years in that village. All thanks to her. But one day I had enough.

After last summer- I just couldn’t look at it the same way as before. So I started searching for a small apartment in the city. An apartment that wasn’t that expensive. I didn’t care how big it was, how bad the neighbourhood could be… I just wanted to get away.

And finally I managed. So here I am, standing in my apartment of 35 m², in a neighbourhood that- so I was told- is full of criminals and gang members. But seriously, who am I to judge. And the rent was extremely cheap!

Just then, my cat started meowing. Loudly. “What is your problem now, Leo?”

He just looked at me. “Great, now he is ignoring me. Why do I even talk with him?”

I went to the back door, opened it and put Leo outside. “You just explore your new home! Go. Shoo”

 

forty minutes, 2 unpacked boxes and a nice shower later I started to worry. My cat didn’t meow once since I put him outside. Putting on some comfortable clothes, I went into the garden.

“Leo! Leo come here! Please! Where are you!” no matter how loudly or desperately I was calling him, I didn’t get any reply.

 

“Hey, are you searching him?” a very deep voice asked behind me.

Wow, that voice is on legs. Hopefully that boy is as y as his voice.

I turned and came face to face with a black shirt—“woah! Ever heard of personal space, dude?” , Haneul, you just ruined your first impression. FML

“sorry. But you didn’t move, so I thought I should check if you’re deaf or just dumb” He smirked. He ing smirked.

“excuse me?! “ then I saw Leo sitting beside him, eyes closed. “You dumb cat, I thought I lost You!!” Getting down on my knees I hugged him.

“uh… Well thank you, I think. Even though you’re a giant idiot, you did keep my cat save. Sooo..”

“You don’t have to thank me. It was my pleasure. He is a nice one.” Okay, fine. He is nice. Blah.

“how about starting anew?

"Hi, I am Haneul. I just moved here and-" I started to introduce myself. Again. Wait- I didn’t even introduce myself when we met. Oops

"Nice to meet ya, Mino's the name. We'll see more of each other soon" He really started to creep me out. But hey, he's handsome, I'll let it slide for once.

“Well… Okay then, I’m getting in. It was nice meeting you?” That sounded more like a question. But you really can’t judge me. He was creeping me out. Even though he was hot.

“No. It was a pleasure meeting YOU.” Yep, definitely creppy.

Going in, my phone started ringing. “hello?”

“Haneul! Tell me everything! It is so lonely here without you. And for your information, I am visiting next weekend, so you better have food. “ And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my friend that helped me moving. Eunji’s the name, And I love her to death.

I told her everything. Even my meeting with Mino. I should probably tell you that she is suspicious about everyone talking to me, because I am her little baby-being 2 years younger.

“You met a creepy guy in YOUR garden, having YOUR cat by his side and talking creepily to you?! Haneul! I told you to run away from these kind of people!”
“Excuse me, but he was in a garden 3 apartments share. And he was HOT. Literally on fire. And he is my neighbour- I think he is-so we’ll see each other more.”

She is definitely overreacting. Just a guy in a shared garden. Nothing suspicious. After talking with her some more, I decided I was hungry. What to do, I had to go outside and go to the supermarket.

 

I wasn’t even outside 2 minutes when someone shouted from behind.

"hey! You new here?" looking behind me, I saw two boys, probably in their late Teens or early twenties, coming right my way.

"Were you talking to me? I'm Haneul"

"Nice. This is Hanbin and I am Bobby-" the boy with the smaller eyes started, but the other one interrupted.

"You told her my real name, tell her yours too, Jiwon!"

“What the ! Hanbinnie!” okay, if they wanted to talk to each other I will just go.

They didn’t even notice me gone.

 

And that is how I met my neighbours.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just wanted to start writing. i am not even sure if this is much or not, but hey;)

Maybe I'm posting another one later on or during next week.

If you have any critique, just tell me and I try to do better