Where Kisses Are Unexplained

How I Became The Accidental Bride

The next morning I woke up to find myself on the bed alone, the other side of the bed empty.

I slipped into my slippers and was heading to the kitchen when I saw a figure of someone curling up on the sofa. It was Changkyun, still in his work clothes and socks still on. His coat had somehow ended up on the floor, and his hair was covering 60% of his face. As I approached him I felt a sudden rush of guilt. He looked so tired and uncomfortable in the position that he's in. And worst of all, he was shivering as he pulled a pillow to cover his hands. He let out a small cough after he did, making me fear of him being sick. I knelt down before placing a hand on his forehead. Warm. I thought before standing up to get a blanket for him.

Only to be stopped when his hand grabbed mine.

"Sekyung?" he croaked, and I could clearly sense his weakness in his voice. I turned to him and his eyelids were half open as he let out another cough, "You're sick. I need to get you a blanket. Or maybe get you to a more comfortable place to sleep," I said as I stared at him, "Do you think you can get up?" I asked, earning a nod from him. He let go of my hand to push himself up, and once again that small feeling of disappointment rushed to me. I shook the thought away as I realized that Changkyun couldn't even stand, so I knelt down in front of him, my back facing him.

"What are you doing?" he managed a weak chuckle. "Get on. I'll carry you to the room," I said, being nonchalant about it. "I'm used to carrying the heavy textiles back at my company, so lifting you wouldn't actually be a problem," I continued. I heard him speak as his hands hooked around my neck, "You sure about this? I'm quite heavy," he asked back, although his legs was now secured tightly around my waist. I hummed in reply and the next moment he had placed his body weight on mine. I carefully stood up, my body getting used to his weight. "See? Nothing happened," I said as I walked, earning another weak chuckle from him.

I carefully opened the door and gently placed Changkyun on the bed. He grunted slightly as he leaned on the headboard, and I turned to the door before exiting the room, only to come back with a glass of water. "I don't know where you keep your meds, so this is the best I could find," I spoke, to which he smiled. He managed a small thank you before taking the glass with shaky hands, quickly gulping it down before returning it to me. As he leaned back on the headboard I gently touched his forehead again. It was still warm, so I decided to get a few cooling pads for him. 

I stood up and made my way to the door when he called out to me. "Sekyung?" I turned to him, and approached him as he made a small gesture to come closer. The moment I reached the bed he held out his hand, and I took it without suspecting anything. To my surprise he pulled me, making me land right beside him on the bed. I let out a small scream at his action, earning a chuckle from him. I turned to him and my cheeks redden, suddenly realizing how close we were at the moment.

"What...are...you doing?" I managed the question, feeling nervous at how his hand was on mine. Changkyun's lips curled up into the cat-like smile of his before his hand moved to my waist, pulling me closer to him. He closed his eyes as he snuggled into my neck, mewling like a small kitten, "I'm cold," he said. I managed a calm huff as my hands awkwardly went to push him slowly away, wanting to get up, "The blanket and duvet can make you warmer. I need to get up to get something to cool you down," I said. Only the Lord knew how nervous I was at the moment.

Changkyun's eyes remained closed but his grip on me became tighter as I tried to free myself. "No," he spoke. "Stay. Stay with me," he continued, making my tense body stop moving. He somehow sounded sincerely true at the moment, and another wave of guilt hit me. I relaxed soon enough, and my hands slowly made it's way around him to his back and my head landed on his before my eyes slowly closed..

Surprisingly, it was a rather peaceful sleep.


 

I woke up when I felt the weight on my body suddenly lighten, signalling Changkyun's abscence.

Opening my eyes I caught a glimpse of him in front of the walk-in-closet, leaning by the door as he read something on his phone. I let out a sigh, assuming that it was his call of duty. Glancing at the clock on the nightstand I saw that it was already evening, and that we skipped breakfast and lunch. My stomach made a low grumble resulting me to push myself up, surprising the man.

"You're up?" he asked, sounding much better than he was this morning. I nodded as I stood up, fixing my hair and clothes in process. "I'm hungry. Let's have dinner outside," he spoke as he approached me. I turned to him with a frown, "Can't we just have it here?" I asked, "You're still weak. I'll fix something for dinner so stay in bed," I retorted as I made my way outside the room, leaving him behind.

As I reached the kitchen my hands quickly took out random ingredients from the fridge, placing everything on the counter. A few minutes later I started chopping the vegetables and chicken before tossing them in a pot, making chicken soup for dinner. Immersed in cooking I didn't realize that there was a pair of eyes that stared at me as I cooked. I was washing the rice when I felt a pair of arms circle around my waist and a head land on my shoulder. My body tensed, earning a chuckle from the person placing his weight on mine.

"Relax, it's just me," Changkyun spoke, his breath tickling my neck. I calmed down soon after, but my heart was still racing inside my chest. "What are you doing?" I spoke, trying to break the awkwardness that I felt. "Cold," he answered laconically, hugging me tighter. I gulped before I continued washing the rice, slowly rinsing it before placing the pot in the sink and turned to him to break free. And my action was the biggest mistake that I have ever made. 

I was now face to face with him, our noses barely touching, his hands wrapped neatly around my waist.

"Surprise," he chuckled, lips curled up into a sinister smile. I gulped, nervous at how close I can see his golden brown eyes and how big his pupils are. He slowly inched closer, eyes closing as he did. I couldn't move, body frozen. He stopped when his breath ghosted over my lips,chuckling as he did. "Don't be scared," he spoke before closing the gap between us, molding our lips together.

His lips were soft, and soothing against mine. My eyes slowly closed as I responded, hands wrapping around him, reaching his back. My insides melted at his touch, his thumbs making soothing circles on my waist. He was a good kisser, and the fact that he was sober at the moment made my stomach flip, knowing that he wasn't drunk. And that he was actually kissing me with his own will.

We both broke the kiss after what seemed like forever, taking our breaths as we did. My eyes remained still on his, staring into his golden brown orbs. "What..was..that" I muttered as I regained my sanity, questioning his actions. He let out a sigh as his eyes darted away from mine, looking down to the floor. Changkyun's hands moved to mine before interwining our fingers, and he looked up to me with a smile and the most confused pair of eyes I've ever seen.

"I don't know. I can't seem to help myself," he spoke, and he went to the table, leaving me to finish cooking.

We ate dinner in silence. After finishing his food Changkyun went straight to bed, and I had work to be done before I start working tomorrow. As I was doing so my attention couldn't be placed into my work as the scene at the kitchen kept replaying in my head. My cheeks burned at the memory, and I quickly dismissed the thought as I worked through the documents on my tablet. As I worked I didn't realize that time had went by quickly and when I looked up from the gadget it was already three in the morning. I yawned, turning the device off before putting it aside. I pushed myself up and made my way to the bedroom, wanting to sleep.

I opened the room door and saw Changkyun sleeping soundly, soft snores heard as he did. I made my way to the empty side of the bed, carefully climbing it to not wake him up. As my head landed on the soft pillow I took a closer look on his face, examining his facial features. He looked innocent when he slept, his lips slighly parted like a baby. My hand slowly crept up to his cheek as he slept, and somehow I had the bravery to touch the smooth skin of his face, it as he slumber. He was shining unlike me, and my mind couldn't think of something more imperfect than us.

We were like the stars and land, too different, too far away from each other.

I sighed at the thought, and I closed my eyes as I fell asleep.


 

The next morning Changkyun was already healthy, and we both prepared to leave for work. 

As I finished dressing he was already done making breakfast, a meal of simple pajeons and coffee. "Breakfast?" he asked as he sat, and I replied shortly with a nod as I took my seat. Once again the meal was silent, and we both finished our food at the same time and my hands took his plate in reflex before washing it along with mine. I heard the click of his belt as he walked, and after I finished clearing the sink I turned to see him already in his shoes, but I saw something wrong with his dressing.

He wasn't wearing a tie.

"Wait," I said to him as I walked into the bedroom, grabbing the most suitable tie I could see on the shelf in the closet. He's in a grey tux today, and my eyes caught sight of a striped maroon tie before proceeding outside the room, approaching him who had a confused look on his face. But his eyes relaxed as a chuckle escaped his throat, seeing the tie in my hand. "Tie, right," he said, pointing at it. He was holding his hand out for me to give it but his hand fell back to his sides as my hands went over his head, tying it for him. "Let me do it for you," I spoke, stopping him.

My eyes were concentrated on tying it neatly, fixing the edges and the ends of it. After making the final touch I gently patted his shoulders to get rid of any wrinkles and before I realized my hands were already on his chest, and his hands went to grip my wrist, stopping me from moving. I realized it when he did, and I looked up to him to see him smiling. I gulped as my eyes darted away, "I'm used to doing this for Sehun. He doesn't know how to make himself presentable," I reasoned, still not looking at him. A hand gently held my chin and I was then looking into his eyes that glinted with a hint of mischief in it.

"Is that so?" he spoke, his right brow arched. "Well I guess you can't do it for him again can you? I'll be jealous," he spoke, and my eyes widened at the sentence, blood rushing to my cheeks. "And let's add something more to that routine of yours," he added before placing a chaste kiss on my lips, surprising me. He chuckled as he let me go, slipping into his shoes as he opened the door, only to stop there and he turned to me with a smile.

"If you're wondering what that was. it was a goodbye kiss," he grinned, closing the door as he left.

Leaving me with cheeks redder than pepper.


 

"Teach not thy lip such scorn, for it was made for kissing, lady, not for such contempt,"

- William Shakespeare -