I want to run with you. {Part 1}

Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 너랑 같이 달려 하고 싶다 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

"Kim Yunseo, you're gonna participate this year 4x100 meters race." my eyes bulged out at the teacher statement. Me? Running?

"B-but–"

"You're the only one who lack points in sports. This is to help you got accepted by the university you pick." the teacher cut me off and my eyes were set on my teacher all the time with my mouth hang low, pretty sure the students are looking at me with the same expression too.

"Okay, teacher." I sighed softly before focused on the book that is in my hand, students whispering things among themselves because literally, everyone know how I hate sports and how I vow to myself that I'll never do that kind of things. Damn the universities qualification. 

I heard that boyfriend of mine beautiful laughs making I darted my death glares towards him. "Cut it out." I mouthed, warning him but he just grinned at me. I rolled my eyes and Yoongi gave an unamused look at him. "Good luck with running, Yunseo." Yoongi wished, exactly two seconds before the bell rang.

I packed my things, head still clouded with 'why do I need to run' questions. He came and stand in front of me, smiling mischievously. "I don't need to hear those teasing of yours, right now." I said honestly, standing up. "You'll need practice." I lifted one of my eyebrows at his statement before I shake my head, "No thanks."

"Come on, it'll be fun." he exclaimed as we made our way out. "I don't want to." my nose scrunched and he tap it twice, lightly, "You need practice if you want to win the race. Even I join the relay race and want to practice.". "You are a sport guy." I stated and he shrugged, "Nah, I just like to run. Working out and stuff."

"I still don't know why I accept you." I chuckled lightly. We took a sit at the bus stop before he whined, "Because you love me!". "Yeah.. right." I teased making he frowned. "Come on. We can start by running at the the lake recreation park first. I volunteer  to help you." he chuckled and I gave a judging look, "No."

"Come on! Running is fun!" he almost yelled as we hop on the bus. The usual ahjushi greet us with a 'Hello, lovebirds' and we bowed at him before taking our seat. "I don't want to." I sighed, "Jungkook, you know how much I hate moving my body.". "But you need to win the race so you can get extra points!" he reminded me. I work my brain thinking about the good and cons going to the practice. 

"No." he finally face-palmed his face as he show an angry expression before took a decision to not face me. I poked his arms, but no sign of him budging. "Jungkook." I called, pulling his sleeve like a whiny girlfriend. I don't really like to do that kind of stuff but Jungkook gave in easily if I start doing the 'cute stuff' at him (mark my words). "Baby, please–"

"Okay, okay! Fine. I'll just pray that you win then!" he pouted whilst crossing his arms. I giggled at his behavior before I lean on his shoulder. Told you he would give in. "But please, reconsider it. I wanted to run with you."

His wishes always get my heart soften. And how much I hate running, he always make me think twice about the practice. Tell me how can a guy have this kind of power that effects all my dislikes? "Please." he said again and I heaved a sigh, "I'll think about it.."

Just for you.
-
"Yunseo!" I heard one of my best friend yelled my name as she waved her hand into the air. "Wendy!" I beamed before I went up to her and engulf her into a bear hug. "How I miss you!" both of us said before laughing.

I took a seat in front of her before we ordered some drinks and cakes. We catch up with all the past years and I ask how was life without me. Wendy is a real friend of mine who understand all my personalities. How cold I am sometimes, or how btchy I am sometimes. She knows me inside and out (which kinda scary sometimes) and I felt relieved to have such a good friend. But she moved to the US because of her father's work and it's so hard to meet her.

I was surprised when she told me she is in Korea for this week because of her mother shopping wish list. Her mother is the queen of her house, kind too. I was really excited to see how her now and she never change, she just got way prettier. Just like her mother. 

"So, what happen in US?" I questioned and she just shrug, "Nothing, I guess. Just thinking that I'll take the dance major because of the great persuasion of my friend there.". My eyes twinkled at the mention of dance. God knows how much I love to dance, despite of the hates I give to sports. Weirdly.

"That's so great! I want to be in dance major too." I pouted making she giggled, "Just apply then.". "Mom put me in the Life Sciences and Medicines. But I'm thinking about taking dance too. You know, 2 in 1." I stated and hang a jar, "That's gonna be a tough life.". "I know right?" we both chuckled.

"So, I heard you are popular there. Any boyfriend?" I wriggled my eyebrows teasingly making she laughed. "Nah, guys are not my priority right now. What about you, our ice popular-since-birth princess?" she teased back and I just smiled at her question. Her eyes widen before she almost yelled out loud, "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND!"

"Kim Yunseo, you bad girl! Why won't you tell me earlier?!!" she said in a mad tone as she pinched me making I laughed, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!". "Who is the lucky guy?" she questioned and I smiled at the thought of that cutie pie, "Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.". "Even his name make me feel like he is a handsome guy." Wendy said dreamily before snap at me, "He is right? He is not a nerdie from the Librarians or Literature club with a hot name, right?". Gosh, this girl. Wendy and her stereotypes towards me. "No. He is.. cute. Kind." and perfect in my eyes. "Lucky you~" she whined, her lower lips jutting out cutely.

Wendy ask me for Jungkook picture and I show it to her with a proud face saying that, 'he is ma bae'. Wendy gasped once her eyes saw his face, "Oh my god. He is so handsome! He suits you so damn much!". "Tell me, he is a treating you right." she doubted and I nod, "Perfect for my first.". She realized and clap her hand once, "Right! I forgot that you never dated anyone before! Congratulations!". "Thanks, I guess?" I chuckled. "Have you guys kissed?" she asked, smiling wickedly.

My cheeks went slight red and I look away from her, "No, sadly.". "Boo-hoo, you can't fool me!" Wendy laughed. "How does it feel?" she asked being the single her are. Both of us are actually the type to not care about guys even when we are the 'popular-since-birth'. But since that guy came into my life, sorry Wendy; I'm gonna leave you alone in the single status group.

"What do you mean by how it feel?" I cracked into balls of laughter and she rolled her eyes, "Duh, like is his lips soft? Is he a good kisser? Does his lips perfectly match yours? That kind of thing.". I froze at her statement and I started to wonder myself, does his lips match mine?

"People said if it match yours, you are destined to be together you know?" Wendy chuckled, taking a sip from her juice. "I don't actually know. Because it is just like a peck, I think?" I grumbled. "Seriously?" she then sighed, "Of course. What do I expect? It's your first.". She pouted for a while before beamed again, "Wait, then this brought mean you are his first too right?!". Someone please tell me how can this girl make me have doubts and hundreds of question to Jungkook?

"I don't know." I shrugged and she pursed her lips, "You need to start asking him about his past. You know? Just so you guys can trust each other more.". "How can you know everything so well?" I asked and she shrugged, "Dramas.". I sighed, concerning about everything that I put in this relationship. "I don't think I can ask him easily like that." I stated and Wendy nod her head, "Of course. You are not that type of girl."

Once she check her phone, her eyes widened, "Oh my god, I forgot I need to shopping with my mom!". She abruptly stand up, paying for the both of us before saying sorry, "I'll go first! I meet you next time, Seo!". I smiled and wave back before she stop midway and slightly smirk, "And how about consider running to lose your fat in your legs? Because I saw you have a bigger thighs than your own boyfriend!". That got me mouth hang and she ran with a hysterical laugh.

I know that she is just teasing me but damn it, she knew how to make me felt competitive. I dial a number on my phone and wait for the line to pick up. Once he answered with a 'hello?', I quickly said; "Jungkook, let's practice running."

My competitive side is on fire.
-
"Stretching." Jungkook said once we are ready to start. I stretch like we always did in P.E class. Once we are done, we started to jog all the way around this park.

"So, what's make you change your mind?" Jungkook asked, smiling proudly. "Wendy." I said, glaring at the path as I remember her words. "Who?" he look at me in confusion and I curved a small smile at him, "My best friend.". He replied with an 'ah' before questioned again, "What did she do to convince my stubborn princess, here?". He chuckled and I hit him lightly on the arm. "She said that I have a bigger thighs than you." I muttered lowly but he caught it. His eyes widen for merely two seconds before he burst out laughing, "That is the only reason? Oh my god, everyone know you are damn skinny.". "And I'm pretty sure you know it yourself." he remarked making I pouted, "I know but she just know how to make me felt like I need to do something. I am a competitive person, Jungkook and you know that better than anyone else."

He smiled at my confession, "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter