Friends?

I My Me Mine

 

I sat on the train next to her, today's ride seem to be longer. "Why are your friends so mean to me?" I asked. She shrugged "I don't know. They told me not to talk to peasants. Only associate girls within our group and the boys that Minami approves of". Oh that explains allot. I used to date Minami in 7th grade but she caught feelings before I did and wanted to break up because apparently my feelings were immature, "oh I understand". "That doesn't mean we can't be friends. I'll choose my own friends" she told me with a smile. I smiled back, "most girls don't say that. Normally they follow with their friends' rules". "I'm my own person" she said before getting up for our stop.

She walked into school with me until her friends pulled her away, I heard a little bit of what they were saying like ... "You were with him?".

At lunch she across from me despite her friends wanting to sit at their own table. "Ryosuke-senpai is this stuff good?" She asked me. "Yeah just try it" I encouraged.
After lunch I heard them pull her aside "if you wanna be with us you can't associate with any other girls or Yamada Ryosuke. We only talk to boys when we want , that's it. Boys are our slaves and females are peasants." Minami told her. "I'm my own person, I'll talk to who I want" Akira told her. Minami told her "you'll learn .." And walked away with her followers.

At 6th period before the bell rang I seen her wandering around the building, "lost or something?" I said. She laughed "no just wandering". "Seen what happened earlier. Sorry about that". "It's not your fault. I'll talk to who I want to". I smiled, my crush on her is only gonna keep growing. She's pretty and independent. "You and your friend are cute" she said. I wanted to explode and she's blunt. We walked down to the school basement, into the weight room, "Yuri? Oh ignore him he's a flirt". "I don't mind it" she giggled. She stood in front of the weights and lifted a 20lb'er. "Senpai can you lift it?" She asked, pointing to one about 60lbs. This was my chance to flex, "yeah", I lifted it without a struggle. "I can do it too" she said before struggling to pick it up. I took it from her "little girls like you shouldn't play with these". "Little?" She said, pushing me then running out the room. I ran after her and caught up to her, I held her by her waist "you'll pay for that". "Hey lovebirds! Get to class" one of the teachers shouted from down the hall. She looked down at my hands that I removed from her body and bowed "yes sensei". Since we were in the same class we went in together. Our excuse was "Akira got lost and I had to show her the way back to the class". I noticed Minami staring at her all class.

After school Minami wanted to talk. She held my hand and hugged me right by my locker and said "Ryosuke-san I missed you" right in time when Akira walked past us. When Akira left, so did Minami and her crew. This must've been a set up just for Akira to hear. Wow .. Females .. I don't want Akira to think I'm getting back with Minami. Minami is cute but she's not a good girl. Then Akira won't associate with me if she's not friends with Minami anymore.

2 months later ..