Mean Girls

I My Me Mine

 

There she was again, on the same train as me. I feel bad that she's standing and no man will give her a seat, "please. Take my seat" I said looking down at the ground, too shy to face her. "Thank you ... Uh Arigatogozaimasu" she said to me then taking the seat. When it came our stop she stepped off the train leaving behind a headband. This looks similar to the ones the popular girls at school wear. I didn't know her name so I couldn't tell her that I had it, I'll just give it to her in homeroom".

In homeroom I guess it skipped my mind after talking with a few friends. Minami, the leader of the popular crowd was staring at me and then said "Akira-chan don't be so careless and let people touch your stuff unless it's us", referring to all the people she sees as doormats and peasants. "Ryosuke-San where'd you get that from?" She said, pulling the head band from my pocket, "thief !" She screamed. "No no I didn't steal it-" I tried to explain but she walked off without listening.

I sat with Yuri at lunch but didn't eat. All I could feel was guilt in my tummy. Minami and her friends are real good manipulators.

"I'm going to stay after school to practice my throwing", baseball season is approaching and I need to get better at my throwing if I want to be the pitcher.

I threw a ball across the field, looking everywhere for that damn ball. "Looking for this?" The new girl asked. I walked to her, "s-sank you" I said, trying out my English skills. She giggled "you're welcome". "You've got a good arm" she complimented. "Thanks. Earlier was a misunderstanding. I swear I did not steal your headband" I told her. "It's okay, thanks" she said, bowing, "I'm Akira. What's your name?". "Yamada Ryosuke-desu" I told her. "Oh okay I'll try to remember that" she said, walking about her business. The wind blew across our way, despite the dust in my eyes I think I seen her .