Character flirts with the wrong person

A Hyuken Collection

Sanghyuk presses coffee grounds down in a press. He smiles as the water steams in the press, making dark coffee drop out the bottom into a to go mug. He smiles, letting it sit as he grabs milk to whisk. The coffee finishes as he whisks the milk. He adds it to the coffee, before sprinkling chocolate on top. He covers it, before sliding it down to the end of the line. He turns it to read the name.

“Ken!”

A man with golden hair walks up to him, smiling with a slight angle to lips.

“Thanks cutie,” he speaks, winking at him. Sanghyuk stills, looking up at him. He freezes, as Ken walks away. He shakes his head, moving back, a blush rising up on his cheeks.

“What's with you?”

“I think I just got flirted with? I don't know Hongbin,” Sanghyuk says, looking at him.

“That’s one person who stops flirting with me at least,” Hongbin offers, smiling at him.

“That's half the reason you got hired,” Sanghyuk whines, throwing his head back.

“Get back to work you two! I don't pay you to stand around.”

“Whatever Wonshik,” Sanghyuk mumbles. “You pay Taekwoon while you both sneak off to the supply closet to his .”

“I heard that!”

Sanghyuk runs out to be in view of customers.



 

Sanghyuk blushes, noticing Ken walk in again. He makes himself busy, restocking cups into stacks of twenty, three columns deep. He turns to find Hongbin gone, and Ken up at the cash register.

“Hello cutie,” Ken greets, smiling at him. Sanghyuk’s blush spreads, covering his face and neck.

“Hello and welcome to Ravi’s Café. What can I get you?” Sanghyuk mumbles, attempting to stay on script.

“Your number, the time of day, maybe a piece of that fine ,” Ken suggests, smirking at him. Sanghyuk drops his gaze, coughing after.

“Anything to drink with that?” Sanghyuk whispers, grabbing the computer screen.

“Chocolate as hot and large as you,” Ken offers, winking at him. Sanghyuk taps on the screen, putting the order in.

“Is that all, sir?” He asks, shifting awkwardly.

“I think so. My friend will be here soon. Take care of him.” Ken winks, walking to the end of the line, leaving money in his wake. Sanghyuk sinks down, as Hongbin returns.

“What's up?” Hongbin asks, looking down over Sanghyuk.

“Large hot chocolate,” Sanghyuk whispers, laying on the floor. Hongbin nods, moving around him, starting on the drink. Sanghyuk sits up, jumping to his feet. He runs off to wash his hands in the bathroom.

“He's all buttered up for you.”

Sanghyuk freezes, recognizing Ken’s voice. He starts washing his hands, listening in.

“Yes, the handsome one. I swear. I'm not gonna this up, Hakyeon.”

Sanghyuk dips his head down, pouting slightly. He dries his hands, leaving the bathroom. He walks back over to Hongbin, ignoring the slight pain in his heart.

“What's up?” Hongbin asks, finishing the drink.

“I'm gonna be passed onto someone else. He didn't flirt for himself,” Sanghyuk whispers, as Ken walks back out. Hongbin slides over the hot chocolate, shooting daggers at him. Ken flinches back, looking over at Sanghyuk.

“What's up with him?” He asks, pointing at Sanghyuk. Hongbin smiles, tilting his head, making Ken flinch back again.

“Enjoy your drink. Do come again,” Hongbin offers, popping out a dimple. Ken nods slowly, moving to sit in a corner. The bell above the door rings, as Sanghyuk sorts the creamers. Hongbin walks to the cash register, smiling normally at the newest customer.

“Small chai tea please,” he speaks, pulling out his wallet.

“There is a five minute steeping period. Is that alright?” Hongbin asks, tapping the screen.

“It's fine,” he agrees, smiling up at Hongbin. Money is exchanged before Hongbin starts on the tea. Sanghyuk looks over at Hongbin, sighing slowly.

“Can you cover me? My shift is almost done, and I'm not feeling it anymore today,” Sanghyuk asks, looking over at him. Hongbin starts the hot water, before hugging Sanghyuk.

“Sure kid. Don't forget your tips,” he agrees, kissing Sanghyuk's forehead. Sanghyuk smiles, grabbing his small cup of change, dumping it in his apron. He moves to the entrance, sighing weakly. He leaves, allowing the little bell to ring.

Ken looks up at the sound. “Where’s he going?”

Hakyeon shrugs, looking up at Hongbin. “I don't know, but I need you here. You said he was ready?”

“He just left,” Ken whispers, looking over as Hakyeon.

“He's behind the counter,” Hakyeon combats, looking over at him. “The handsome one.”

“,” Ken curses, standing up. Hakyeon gulps, looking up at him.

“What did you do?” He asks, as Hongbin comes with a tea.

“You said the handsome one. Not Mr. Jawline here,” Ken explains, gesturing at Hongbin.

“What what?”

“He is handsome. That kid was cute. I'll give you that,” Hakyeon comments, rubbing his head.

“Do you mean Sanghyuk?”

“I've ed up,” Ken decides, running out of the cafe.

“Lee Jaehwan!” Hakyeon yells, looking over at Hongbin. “Um, hi.”

Hongbin smiles, “So I'm handsome? You aren't too bad either.”

Jaehwan sprints out, looking around. He takes off in a random direction, pushing his hair back. He manages to find the familiar hair, running up to him.

Sanghyuk freezes when the hand touches his shoulder. He finds Ken before him, panting heavily.

“I am not made for distance,” Ken pants, “any distance. Holy .” He looks up at Sanghyuk. “Hi.”

“What do you want?” Sanghyuk asks, voice small.

“Look. My friend wanted me to flirt with the handsome one at your cafe, just to see if he would want to date him. I thought he meant you, not that extreme jawline guy. I'm sorry,” Ken apologizes, resting his hands on his knees. “I really shouldn't run.”

Sanghyuk shifts, blushing slightly. “You think I'm handsome?”

“Yeah. If you'd want to go out sometime, that'd be cool. I'd get if you don't,” Ken offers, looking up at him.

“Okay,” Sanghyuk agrees, smiling weakly.

Ken smiles back up at him, standing up properly.

“Okay.”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Ken at the end is me. I have an update! I should really work on older pieces... But I have something here, which is good. I hoped you liked this~ Until the next~ (-<) <3 ^_^