Write about a carnival

A Hyuken Collection

 

Sanghyuk runs his fingers over frayed red and white fabric. The fabric blows in the wind, as he slips under it. He walks the graffitied bleachers, before stepping onto the raised center ring. He teaters on the concrete, walking around the circle. He pushes the blond hair out of his eyes, as the moonlight flickers in from a hole in the tent.

Sanghyuk looks up at it, before he sees movement from the corner of his eyes. A flicker under the moonlight, and Sanghyuk turns. The light fades, making Sanghyuk jump off the ring. He walks toward the center of the ring, to where the light was.

He turns around, before closing his eyes. Children's laughter and squeaking horns fill his ears. He startles and flinches back.

“I see you found the memories.”

Sanghyuk turns, finding a pale figure in front of him. Plush lips stretch into a soft smile. Sanghyuk takes a half step back.

“Please don't leave. You’re the first one in a while that isn't on drugs when seeing me.”

“Who are you? What are you?”  Sanghyuk asks, shaking slightly.

“My name is Jaehwan, I used to own this place. Now I'm just doomed to haunt it on full moon nights.”

“How? Why?”

“My ringmaster killed me for the deed. I guess I'm stuck until that wrong is righted,” Jaehwan offers, shrugging after. He floats around Sanghyuk, glowing blue. “I don't really care, but I guess I'm stuck.”

Sanghyuk backs away again, hugging his own arms.

“I'm sorry, but I should be going,” Sanghyuk mutters, and Jaehwan floats away.

“I understand. Good luck kid,” he says, before Sanghyuk sprints off. Jaehwan sighs out of reflex, and looks up. Cloud start to cover the moon, making Jaehwan slowly disappear.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I didn't know this was in my drafts... Also, hi. I'm trying again. We shall see. (-<) <3 ^_^