004

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

004

 

Seojoon led Jiyeon through the house, but it wasn’t like she was unfamiliar with the place, she had been there so many times, she could navigate her way with her eyes closed. They took many twists and turns down the long corridors, it was a large estate and everything was well planned. The place that they usually meet at is actually Seojoon’s room, the room furthest away from the main gate, which was also the room that everyone would evacuate to in times for emergencies. Afterall, it was the nearest to the back gate and the nearby river. 

 

Jiyeon stretched her hand and guided it along the walls, feeling every crook and nanny of the estate. The walls have been repainted, she noticed, since the last time she came here. “You renovated the estate again?” Jiyeon casually asked. 

 

Seojoon chuckled, “Appa and Umma insisted we get new colors for the new year. Honestly, I don’t know why they bother. Aren’t they tired of doing this? It’s been so many centuries, I would rather live in a place that resembled the era I was actually born in.” He rolled his eyes, thinking about the times when his parents would argue over what color the walls should be, and what furniture would compliment them. 

 

“Well, you really love living with those rats in your sewers and spiders climbing all over your walls then? Haha, oppa, I never knew you were this kind of person.” Jiyeon punched Seojoon’s arm lightly, she really enjoyed teasing him as he would always play along. “Aish, why does it feel like whenever I come over, it takes longer and longer to reach your room?”

 

"Since when have you become so whiny, Jiyeon-ah? Have the times changed you?" Seojoon returned the tease. The both of them had known each other for most of their lives, they were both immortal, since they were both the next-in-line to be Leaders of their clans. Both of their parents had always wanted to pass the baton on to the next generation, but it seemed like neither were ready for the huge responsibility. 

 

After a few more twist and turns, staircases that only led upwards, they arrived in front of a huge black door. It looked the same to Jiyeon, she remembered it like it was yesterday when it was the first time she arrived at the Park estate. Seojoon opened the large door, exposing whatever was inside. Nothing much changed though, as expected, as Seojoon hated change, he never liked people touching his belongings too. 

 

Jiyeon automatically walked towards his bed and plopped herself on it. She propped herself up using one arm and faced Seojoon. She had missed him so dearly, he was one of the friends that she held so close to her heart. Nobody knew the both of them were friends though, of course, if anyone knew, war would definitely be on its way. The future Leaders of the Taeyang and Dal Clan are friends? What a joke. 

 

"Why did you want to see me?" Seojoon poured Jiyeon and himself a cup of hot tea and placed the cups on his desk. Jiyeon frowned, "Can't I just want to see you? Now even I need a reason to see the oh-so-mighty Park Seojoon?" She  sat up on his bed and crossed her arms across her chest.

 

Seojoon chuckled at her silliness, "You know that's not what I meant. You sounded so... troubled earlier on, I thought something had happened. Did it?" He sat on his chair and wheeled himself to the side of his bed, placing himself directly in front of Jiyeon.

 

Jiyeon bit her lip o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter