Part8

HE FITS THEM ALL

Marjorie's P.O.V.

   It's so quiet but I don't know what to say to break the silence. I just walked , not saying anything. I was still hurt because he said he doesn't like me, in front of his friends. I am his best friend, how could he say that?

   "Marj.." he started. I looked at him. he played with his thumb and pointer fingers, he always do that whenever he's shy.

  "Hmm?" I faced him.

  "It's not that I don't like you... of course I like you, you're my best friend. But they're thinking differently" he explained.

   Of course he should like me, he already said it, I'm his best friend.

  "Yeah." that was all I said.

  "Are you still mad at me?" he asked.

  "I wasn't mad." I said.

  "Really?" he face lit up. I nodded.

   "But why don't you want to go to school with me? And go home with me?" he asked again.

   "Because you're friends think you like me, I thought they would stop thinking like that if we hang out less." I explained.

  "But we're best friends" he said.

  "I know." I looked down.

  "Let's have a deal." he held my shoulders.

  "What deal?" I asked.

  "We would hang out less during weekdays, but we'll have the weekends all by ourselves, just the two of us." he explained.

   "Okay" I smiled.

  "We should hurry up now" he held my hand and we continued walking to school.

DISMISSAL

   "Marjorie" Warren called out.

   "Warren. So , where should we discuss our project?" I asked.

   "Let's do it at home, I already informed the others." he smiled.

  "I said I'll be home by 7pm." I told him.

  "I'll bring you home." he said.

  "No it's fine, that's just a few blocks away" I told him.

  "I insist, it's fine, it'll be dark by then, you shouldn't be alone." he insisted.

   We walked out of the classroom, Mark stood there.

  "Marj, I thought you're doing something?" he asked when he saw us. My girl groupmates smiled when they saw Mark.

  "We're going to do it at Warren's house" I told him. He looked at Warren beside me.

  "Oh, okay. I'll go now."  He said and bid me goodbye.

Mark's P.O.V.

  I will walk home alone today. I thought Marjorie will stay in school for her group project, but no. I could wait for her at school, neither can I follow her to that Warren's house. I had no choice but to walk home alone because I told the guys to go without me. sigh.

   As I was walking home, i saw this girl. She looks korean but at the same time foreigner. She has a short hair, tanned skin, she dresses differently, she has a luggage beside her, and she was trying to get something from the vending machine. The thing is, there was a sign saying that the Vending machine wasn't working.

   "Excuse me, but that isn't working" I told her. She looked at me, looking a little worried. Can't she understand Korean? Maybe she really is a foreigner.

  "That Vending Machine isn't workingI said in english.

  "You can speak English?! Great!!" She cheered.

  "Uhmare you lost?" I asked.

  "Of course not ! I was just looking for foodmy co--she looked back...

  "Uh ohI think I am now" she continued looking around.

  "I can help you find you way homewhere do you stay?" I asked her.

  "Our house is at Gangnam." she said. So she's rich.

  "That's kinda far." I told myself.

  "I can just call my driver." she said.

  "I can keep you companyI offered.

  "Thank youwaitmy food." she walked to the machine.

  "That isn't working." I said again. She smiled at me. She hit the side of the machine really hard, something came out.

  "Easyshe smiled to herself.

  I just stared at her.

    We stayed at the nearest stop because she told her driver she'd stay there.

   "So where are you from?" I asked her, breaking the silence.

   "I'm from the Philippines , but I'm Half-Koreanshe answered.

   "Philippines? I know someone from the Philippines tooI smiled.

   "Really? So what do you think about Fiipinos so far?" she asked me.

   "WellI think they're good English speakersI have two Filipino classmatesbut they just came yesterday." I told her.

   7:15

   "Where is he?" she asked herself, slightly annoyed. A bus stopped. Marjorie came out. With Warren.

   "Marj?" I said.

   "Mark" she looked at me, then to... wait, what's her name?

   "Oh, my driver's here." the girl said.

  "Bye..." I trailed off.

  "Isabel" she smiled.

  "Bye,Isabel. See you around" I waved at her.

  "Bye Mark, see you around" she said and went inside the car.

  "Who is that? I don't see her at school." Warren said, looking at the car as it go.

  "She's a foreigner, I just saw her when I was walking home alone." I told them.

  "Let's get you home now , Marjorie" Warren told Marj.

  "I can take her from here" I looked at him.

  "I should see her get home" Warren said.

  "It's fine Warren, I'll see you on Monday" Marj told him, he sighed.

  "Okay, take care." Warren said.

  "Bye." Marj waved at him.

  "Bye Warren" I saluted him arrogantly.

__________________________________________

Marjorie's P.O.V.

   "The weekend is coming near" Mark said, grinning like an idiot. I can't help but laugh at him.

   "You look silly, smiling like that" I said. He pouted.

  "Okay, okay. I'll stop." I held my laughter in.

  "What will we do this weekend, you know, for our 'us' time?" he asked.

  "Let's just watch a movie in your house" I said.

  "It's our first weekend by ourselves, it should be fun" he said.

  "Watching a movie with me is fun, after all, it's me" I said sassily.

  "Yeah, it's fun. But it should be more fun!!" He said exitedly.

  "Mark, I'm no fun, really" My shoulders deflated.

  "Of course not! You're fun, when I scare you, when I pull pranks on you, It's always fun" he teased.

  "Seriously Mark, big help" I said sarcastically and we both laughed.

  "We can go to the mall and buy something, or we can watch a movie in the cinema." he suggested.

  "That would be fine. I'll tell mom and dad. What time will we go?" I asked him.

  "How about 3 in the afternoon?" he suggested and I nodded. We came to our houses and went inside.

____________________________________________

Isabel's P.O.V.

   Well, he's kinda cute. That boy Mark. He's also nice, nice enough to keep me company while waiting. But I think he's not available. Not that I'm looking for a boyfriend but yeah, he's ideal if only I didn't see him look at the girl who came with full of , I don't know, admiration? That's mostly like it. H definitely likes her, and when I saw her look at me, I'm sure she also feels the same. I ship them.

  "Where were you? You left me." I asked the driver.

  "Your Mom and Dad had an emergency with the investors, we all thought you were following. We were already searching for you when you called, Young Mistress." the driver said.

  "*sigh* As usual, business came before me." I leaned on the window, looking at the tall buildings my car passes.

  "Don't think like that Miss, your parents love you, that is why they are doing what they are doing" she said.

  "Like what, forgetting about me when they know I'm new here? " I rolled my eyes. She just sighed.

  

    My story is kinda typical. A lonely girl from a rich family. Yeah, they exist. You may not believe that I would prefer a poor but loving family than a rich one, but believe me, I do prefer that.

   We weren't really rich when I was younger, my parents work in the same company, they got promoted a few times, until they got a share of stocks, which later grew, making my father a major stockholder. Later on, my father got the precidency. While they were si happy achieving their goals, they forgot about me. They've always put work before me. They became addicted to it that they didn't mind checking on me.

  I tried to understand them, I swear I did. I tried getting them involved in my life. I even came to the point when I did bad things in school to get them summoned by the principal, but only my driver, Sonia, came. Eventually, I gave up.

  I was busy thinking about the past when a motorbike came infront of us, luckily Sonia had hit the breaks.

  "Who is that?!?!?" I asked angrily. I went out and looked at the rider.

  "Hey you!! Iyou want to diehang yourself or cut your wrist!! Don't get us involved!!" I shouted at him. He took his helmet off.

   "Jesounghamnida(I'm sorry)" he bowed. What did he say? Whatever.

  "Stupid.." I muttered, he wouldn't understand me anyways.

  "Mworago?!(What did you say?!) HeyDon't english me!! This is Korea!" he said.

   "Whateverget aside so we can goI told him. I went inside the car and waited for him to go, but he didn't.

  "I said go!!" I shouted, he just looked at me.

  "Sonia, what is he doing?!" I asked the driver. She went out and talked to the guy, he went aside, beside the car, by the window, where I was leaning on.

   "Such a wastepretty " he said. I looked at him, I wanted to talk back but decided not to, I just closed the window, but before the car moved, he stuck the gum he was chewing on my window!!!

   "Hey!!!" I shouted , the car was already moving. He just waved at me teasingly. Ugh!!