New start

the manager and his diva

At Jongup and Junhong's place

The Jung family which counted the parents, two brothers on three and a guest. The Choi side with of course Junhong, and his best friend, brother-like, Youngjae, were at table for dinner.

Junhong's real family lived in Japan so he wouldn't bother them for a dinner. Maybe for his wedding he'll invite them, if they accept the fact he'll marry a male.

The door opened with a breathless Daehyun behind. He took his jacket off and apologized for his lateness. 

Jung mom: Oh my baby boy. Look how handsome you are. Is that why you don't visit your parents anymore? You're too busy flirting. She hugged her son tightly.

DH: Sorry mom, I wanted to spend time out of town. This last days were a bit... too much to handle. He answered hugging her back. He greeted his family and new member of the family. His brother's guest, and last Youngjae whose seat is next to him.

JU: You could have make an effort in clothes.  The late one was wearing sweatpants and wifebeater. 

DH: I'm here aren't I? I made an effort in coming here, leave me alone.

Jung Dad: Boys, enough. The father separated the brothers and ordered them to sit.

YJ: Hey you're alright? 

DH: I'm okay don't worry. Smiled Daehyun. He felt better seeing the young model.

YJ: Nobody told me Himchan would be there. Whispered Youngjae.

DH: Oh yeah, Guk and him are dating. Remembered Daehyun.

YJ: They what !? Am I the only one who doesn't have a piece of Jung? Pouted the cute diva.

DH: I'm working on it. Simply replied the manager. How have you been? The food was being served.

YJ: Without my manager I was a mess. But now he's back so I feel much better. He answered, his eyes on Daehyun's. 

DH: I'm sorry, my behavior was really childish. I hope you can forgive me for that, and for what I said to you. It was inappropriate and not true. It won't happen again. Frown the older, looking for the right words. 

YJ: You're the only one who can work with someone like me anyway. They tried with many managers.

DH: I'm the only one who can't refuse his diva anything. Smiled the manager.

YJ: In fact, there's still one thing you keep refusing me. He said sadly. They both knew what he was talking about, a relationship. Something serious.

DH: About that... we were not done talking that last time. Before we were interrupted, I wanted to tell you tha....

Jung mom: My baby Dae, your brother told me you're seeing a nice girl. His mother had the worst timing ever. This was the second time he tried to.... confess?

He glared at his big brother who mouthed a 'sorry' in return. He knew he did this because he wanted to avoid this kind of conversation with his mother. When it's about love, she became too curious and asked a lot of embarrassing things. Yongguk didn't want this embarrassment in frong of Himchan, they were not official yet. No way she would made him run away.

DH: I had mom. It was nothing serious anyway. Youngjae didn't know about that. The night was becoming interesting.

Jung mom: Jung Daehyun, I didn't raise you like that. I hope you don't play with innocent girls' heart. The son wassurprise and disappointed in himself. He kind of play with Ni ha and Youngjae's feelings.

DH: I'm just trying to be a better man for the one I really like mom. He just answered.

Third step to prove Youngjae he was serious, done. He knew the model would be listening or hearing the conversation.

The mother didn't insist more and joined the conversation his husband was having with their two other sons. 

YJ: So it's over with her? Asked the model, already knowing the answer. 

DH: Yeah, I feel like I was using her. I mean, I feel bad, she's not the one I like. Said Daehyun, nearly whispering. 

YJ: And who is the one you like then? He asked on the same tone. At that moment, the food was forgotten. It was only each other's eyes, like they were trying to find answers in them.

DH: That's what I try to find out. I think I may have a little idea of it. They kept looking at each other's eyes until Junhong called the model to clear the table. Himchan insisted to help too. This was their only moment together that night. After that, the father took the three sons to a conversation only them could understand. 

HC: I don't know what you're waiting for, this guy was obviously drooling over you as soon as he saw you. Said Himchan, once in the kitchen.

JH: I totally agree with him. He got it bad. Finally. Joined the makeup artist.

HC: Oh, so you planned this!?

YJ: Long story . He said to his rival.

HC: Listen, I know you hate me because I'm doing a better job than you in the fashion industry. But out of work, behind your mask, you're just like me and you're worth of love. So let him come to you, don't force things. Himchan left the kitchen after that.

JH: He's not your rival in life, you don't have to act like a , he was trying to help. He didn't mean to be that hard toward the other, but Youngjae hated when people tried to get into his business. And Himchan is someone he always considered as his number one rival.

Luckily, the time to go home came and as good manager and man. Daehyun drove his diva home.

DH: The night was nice right!? They were park in front of Youngjae's.

YJ: It was very nice. Your parents are so nice, you're lucky. Talking about parents, Daehyun remembered. 

DH: Oh are you free tomorrow?  I want you to meet someone. It's very important for me. Youngjae frown slightly. Who could it be? He didn't know Daehyun's friend. But if it could make him happy.

YJ: Sure, come tomorrow afternoon when you're free. It would be an hour or so after all. He could handle it. 

DH: Thanks Jae you won't regret it, I swear. He kissed Youngjae's cheek who became red instantly.  

YJ: I- Okay. Bye Daehyun. Goodnight. Youngjae got out of the car and rushed to his place, leaving a grinning Daehyun. The older knew the effect he had on the other, he loved that.

-------------------------------------------

Snacks ready, drinks ready, everything was set. It's a first time for the model. He made all the efforts possible to get everything perfect. How many people will be there? He thought. His manager didn't tell him. I hope they don't have children. My house is a no kid zone. It's my only worry. But I'm pretty relax otherwise. 

Daehyun on the other hand was stressed. He was literally ing his pants, he was not as sure as the day before. How will react Youngjae?  Will he be happy? Anyway, it was too late to back off, they were in front of the model's house already.

DH: I did my part, I think it's better it stays a family reunion. He shook their hands one last time before walking back to his car. He gave them a thumbs up. He couldn't leave until he was sure Youngjae was okay with his guests. He saw the father's hand on the doorbell. From his car he couldn't hear, but he did have a good view.

After a few moment, the door opened revealing a young man in incredibly tight jeans. He didn't immediately react, but when that curious gaze became a surprise one, Daehyun knew he knew. The sound was not needed. Now he knows, he did the good thing. The previous panic gone, the face of the one he loves happy. Fresh tears on his cheeks and soon his parents in his arms. He did what a lover should do, make his other half happy. Even if they were not officially together, they did like each other after all. 

The model welcomed his parents inside, his mother was whispering sweet things, her hands on his wet cheeks. He closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of motherly love.

How many times did he dream of that moment? How many times did he thing about searching for his parents? He never dare to do anything, ashamed of his behaviour, but here they were crying for him. It made him realize how selfish he acted. How much of a coward he had been. This time he wouldn't do the same mistake. Never. This was his second chance. 

He opened the eyes, looking for Daehyun's car, but this one wasn't there anymore. He let his parents in, eyes still wandering on the road.

YJ: Thank you Daehyun... For everything. He said more to himself, before closing the door.

If before he wasn't sure, at that moment he knew, it was the best proof of love a man could do. No one even care as much or more than Daehyun. All this time by his side he was blind, he never realized his manager was his guardian angel until recently. Now he's sure, he loves Jung Daehyun.