You're my 'Soul' - Part 4

I Miss You So Bad!

It was another starless night. The sky was brightened up by the headlights of cars passing Mapo Bridge as well as by the city skyscrapers. The view overlooking the Han River at night was breathtaking. Cool wind brushed across the face, it was refreshing and relaxing. Min Young had been coming here for the past three months. Seeing pairs of couple holding hands, confessing their love and not to mention their respective ‘Soul’ too busy tackling each other like their ‘Owner’ really made her day.

Other than admiring these loving cute couples, there was another reason that brought her here. After all, this was a place full of wonderful memories with Suho, her ex-fiancee and their Baby, Tommy the cat.

Until today, Suho still couldn’t get over the fact that she had died from the fall and intoxication. Every night, after closing M@rkdown Café, he would bring Tommy here staring at the river. In some instances, he even sobbed and mumbled like a mad man. And seeing him in such a state, it really hurt Min Young’s heart. She wanted to go over and console him but his ‘Soul’ was there, guarding him. In the end, she could do nothing but to watch him from afar.

It had passed midnight, but Min Young haven’t notice Suho or Tommy’s shadow. She waited and waited patiently. Soon, she started to worry about him. Or should she say it was a relief as well if Suho had woke up, left her behind his mind and start out anew again? She wasn’t sure whether that had happened. But, deep in her heart, she wished the day would come sooner than later.

Min Young decided to leave as soon as the crowd started to disperse and the jam on Mapo Bridge was gone. It was two in the morning and those crickets had started their orchestra begun. Within steps, Suho appeared with Tommy and walked past her. Tonight, there was something different at him. He was wearing a suit, a formal cocktail black suit. And that made Min Young curious to know what had happened to him.

“Min Young! Where are you? Do you hear me? Do you know how much I miss you? I still love you, Min Young, very much.” With Tommy in his arms, Suho shouted out loud. Tonight, he could no longer hide his true feelings towards Min Young and he wouldn’t mind getting surprise stares from people around him.

“Today, I’m a man but not happy at all. Why should I celebrate it when you’re not the bride? Why should I go home when you’re not the one waiting for me at the doorstep? How could I smile and be happy when you’re no longer with me? How should I live my life, Min Young? Can you please tell me how? I’m in pain, too much pain that sometimes I feel like dying is the best way out. But, I’m holding myself as I know if that happen, Tommy would be an orphan. Without you had been hard for him, I couldn’t leave him alone.”

So today was your big day, Suho? Marrying Seolhyun as your wife, like what your father had planned for you? Min Young thought. Why should she get upset hearing that when she wanted him to forget her so bad all this while? She should be glad that he had at least took a step out of her shadow. Still, right at this moment, she wasn’t sure how her feeling was. It was a total blank in her mind and heart.

HONK!!!

The honking of a car broke the silent of the night. The sound could be heard nearer and nearer. And then it was like seeing a ball having its free fall, a Toyota Vios crashed into the Han River from Mapo Bridge.

That fall distracted Min Young’s attention for Suho. It was like a common habit of hers, she rushed over to check out whether she could lend a helping hand, either for that person or his ‘Soul’. As she hurried her way there, a soft blue aura ‘Soul’ went passed her, like the wind. And that made her came to a halt. His back shadow and his movements resembled to someone she knew.

“It wouldn’t be him. I could have easily recognised his appearance if it’s him, Min Young tried to comfort herself and turned her focus back to the person she needed to rescue.

“Help!”

A man cried for assistance. He tried to climb out of his car and swim to the surface. He didn’t wish to die at such an early age. After all, he is only 45 and all his children are dependent on him. At last, he managed to emerge on the surface.

“Help me! Somebody please come and rescue me!” He shouted while he tried to swim his way to the shore. The current of Han River was strong and in such windy night, the water could chill you to death. Even so, he tried to swim against the waves.

Min Young stood still and didn’t plan to save him after seeing his face. Looking at his struggles for survival only reminded her of the struggle freeing herself from his control. Those were the darkest and horrible part of her life. And now she vow she would never ever save him, for heaven’s sake, such person didn’t deserve to live and continue to cause trouble for others.

But WAIT!!!

If she had not been mistaken, there was another car that fell after him into the river. Oh my, I must be hurry and save him or he’ll die. Within seconds, Min Young was searching for the careless driver under the river.

GOTCHA!

At last she found the white Lamborghini. She peeked at the driver and saw him unconscious. Min Young unlocked the door and pulled him out from the car. She noticed that his ‘Soul’ was nowhere to be seen. But, saving him was her main concern. In just a flash, both of them were on the shore. Well, being a ‘Soul’ had its advantages. You could do what human couldn’t. But it is no magic, purely the specialty of ‘Soul’.

As a well-trained life saver, Min Young bend down and performed CPR on him. She continued for minutes until he regained his conscious.

*Cough*

The guy coughed out a lot of water before he opened his eyes.

“Stay, please.” He said and then went unconscious again.

Min Young looked at him, feeling confused whether he had asked her to stay or the one in his mind. And now, Suho and a few pairs of couple had come over to find out what had happened. Ambulances arrived minutes later.

Even though she didn’t know him, but it was funny enough that Min Young decided to stay by his side. Suho had suddenly been placed second in her mind. This unknown guy lying on the scratcher in the ambulance seems to have a magnetic attraction, pulling her to him.