You're my 'Soul' - Part 10

I Miss You So Bad!

Slowly Min Young unlocked the door, afraid that she would wake Hyolyn in the process. The two of them shared a room. Photos of Hong Ki and Hyolynn covered the wall next to Hyolyn’s bed. Hong Ki and Hyolyn were currently the hottest couple in ‘TUSF’. They had known each other for three years but just started dating in the beginning of the year after getting the approval of Grandma, CL. Min Young’s bed was next to the window. She would be awaken up by the chirping birds every morning and enjoy the city’s beauty by night.

Sitting down on her bed after cleaning herself, Min Young switched on the bedside lamp. Carefully without making any noise, she took out a photo from the drawer. It was a photo of her and her newborn baby boy, who she named Han Min Hyuk. It was taken on Christmas Day, five years ago, hours before she decided to abandon him. No matter how much she hated him, in Min Young’s heart, she couldn’t deny that she missed him too. After all, she had carried him in her womb for nine months, and fought hard to deliver him to the world. There would never be a mother that doesn’t love her own flesh and blood.

The knocking on the door startled Min Young. Slipping into her slippers and tighten her bed robe, she went to get the guest outside the door. It was three in the morning and Min Young wondered who would be disturbing them at such hour. The face that appeared before her once the door opened surprised. It was Woozi. “What had happened?” Min Young asked wondering if Woozi had come for her because of Babe.

“Can we have a talk, in private?” Woozi asked. For one whole day he had been following her. He waited for a chance to bring up the relationship between Babe and her. “Sure.” Min Young agreed and went for a change before the two of them went down to the playground. Both of them sat on the swing with the big bright moon looking down at them.

Min Young looked at Woozi waiting for him to kick start their conversation. There was a deep silence between them. Once Woozi had his sentences arranged and courage at its peak level, he turned to Min Young and said, “I know I shouldn’t get involved in this, but I think I should do this for Babe’s sake.” Min Young raised her eyebrows. ‘For Babe’s sake’? She wondered what breaking news would she going to know. “What’s it, Woozi?” she asked.

“Look,” Woozi paused for a moment, scanning his mind for the right word to use. “You’ve a baby boy, isn’t? When you’re still a human?” Woozi looked at Min Young’s reaction, okay and calm. Even though she was shocked with that question, but Min Young didn’t plan to interrupt him and let him finish his story.

“May I know if you’ve a chance to be united with him, would you accept him?” Another question popped up. Woozi waited for Min Young’s answer but she remained silent. It was really awkward for him to continue, but Woozi won’t stop until he get her answer.

“I know he’s a child you never wanted as he carries his genes.” Carefully, Woozi let those words slipped out from his mouth without mentioning that man’s name. “But, I know as well that you loved and missed him as well.”

Woozi soon realized his mistake when he saw Min Young turned around to hide her tears from him. He quickly took out his handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to her. “Thank you. No worry. I’m okay.” Min Young took it and wiped off her falling tears. She knew no matter how nice she wrapped this little secret of hers in her heart, it would definitely unfold one day. All she didn’t expect was that day had arrived.

“I’m sorry. But what I want to say is Babe is your child. The child you abandoned on Christmas Day. He didn’t survive that night. I took him to ‘TUSF’ once he became a ‘Soul’. And now I hope you’ll accept him. He needs a mother to love and care for him. He had missed you for the past five years. I really hope and beg you to take him as your son.”

Min Young looked at Woozi, feeling puzzled and struggled to digest this shocking news. Babe is her baby boy? Her beloved Han Min Hyuk, her baby that she missed days and nights? No wonder she felt there was a special feeling between them whenever they played together. She had once prayed that her child would be as obedient and handsome as Babe, and now it had turned out that he was indeed her son after all! What should she do next? Should she accept it or what? Min Young was unsure of her decision.