You're my 'Soul' - Part 9

I Miss You So Bad!

Rolls of neatly arranged tables and chairs filled the dining hall. The hall was lit up by the sunlight passing through the windows. There was no one except Babe. He had been deep in thoughts and stirring his porridge for such a long time that it had turned cold. Woozi was not there to accompany him like every other day.

“I’ve something to settle, Babe. Be good and finish your food. Only then you can grow up and protect your mother from bad people that try to harm her.” Woozi placed the bowl of porridge before Babe and patted his head. He left once making sure Babe had his breakfast.

Babe looked at the porridge and the windows not far from him. The sun was shining bright and the birds could be heard chirping their favourite tunes. Everything seems to be fine out there, but not in little Babe’s heart. Ever since Woozi made the promise that night, he had been waiting for the day of reunion with his mother. He prayed hard every night before he slept that he would be greeted with the good news the moment he wakes up in the very next morning. But, getting disappointed every morning and waiting without knowing when the day would come was a torture.

There had been a few encounters between the two of them. But it was at the playground that they had their first conversation. It was a Sunday morning, Woozi as usual brought Babe there to play his favourite swing. Babe loved being pushed by Woozi and every time he would scream in excitement when he was swung so high where he could almost touch the sky.

Babe was giggling at one of Woozi’s jokes when Min Young approached them. “Good morning, Babe and Woozi.” She greeted them with a smile on her face. For Babe, that smile was the warmest smile he ever seen in his life. Hearing her calling out to his name with her sweet voice really blown his mind away. Even though literally he was on cloud nine, still Babe was caution that she shout and scream at him like their first meeting.

With his big eyes staring at her, Babe replied her greeting before sped off to hide behind Woozi. But his curiosity had a better control on him, thus he popped his head out by the side and watched what would happen next. Woozi and Min Young laughed a little seeing Babe’s reaction. “Please don’t feel bad. Babe is afraid of strangers.” Woozi tried to explain on behalf of Babe.

“No worry Woozi, I won’t go mad at Babe again. Actually, I’m here to apologise to Babe.” Slowly Min Young walked to Babe and knelt beside him. Looking straight into his innocent eyes, she said sincerely, “I’m sorry, Babe, for scaring you the other day. Could you please forgive me?”

Babe looked up at Woozi as if asking his opinion on how he should react to this. Woozi just gave him a smile and nodded his head, encouraging him to take the next move. Babe then stepped out from Woozi’s shadow and stared into Min Young’s eyes, seeking sincerity and most of all, love.

Min Young held out her hand and waited for Babe’s reply. After a few minutes of hesitation, Babe placed his hand on hers, and said, “I forgive you.” The second he finished his sentence, Babe felt his tiny little body being lifted and when he looked around, he realised he was in Min Young’s arms. Am I dreaming now? It can’t be true! If it does, it’s really awesome and unbelievable! Baby thought to himself.

“Thank you, Babe.” Min Young whispered into his ear. When those words travelled into Babe’s ear and got decoded in his mind, instantly he knew it was real, not a dream. Oh gosh, my mother is hugging me right now! She no longer hates me, she accepted me! And oh her scent, it’s so sweet. Or should he say it is how a mother would smell?

With their first meeting being so memorable, Babe was eager for their next meet up. Silently in his heart, he had hoped that the day of getting reunited with Min Young could come early. He would be thrilled to hear her saying “Come to mommy, Babe.” rather than “Come to me, Babe.”

Babe wouldn’t dent that after he had forgiven her, they had become closer. Whenever she was in ‘TUSF’ dorm after saving lives in the human world, she would drop by and help him with his homework given by Teacher Sulli or tell him bedtime stories. Slowly without Babe noticing, the empty big hole in his heart had become smaller and smaller with Min Young’s care and love.