Chapter 5

My Ex
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

Jessica was looking at the girl in front of her. Yes this is the day. The day for her to know what was the real reason of sudden disappearance of Im Yoona, her ex. Jessica can feel the tension in the air. With jut looking to Yoona, she can say that the latter was feeling uneasy for this talk. It was a starring battle for the two. No one dared to speak and break the awkwardness and silence between them.

"This is your order ma'am." The waiter git the right timing to break the starting battle, as she put the orders in the table. The waiter take a bow after doing his task. Then another awkwardness again, but this time Yoona decided to talk.

"Do you want me to state the issue directly or we will eat first?" Yoona give the rights to choose to Jessica. Jessica looked at her with a cold face. "Let us move on to the main reason of this lunch." Jessica look at Yoona in the eyes.

Yoona closes her eyes, then she open it. A sigh feels the silent air. "I remember when I went back here, that day I went to your house. You told me that I choose career over you. I don't know who was in charge on making that story and I don't know where that came from. Tell the person who told you that he or she was a good on story making. She or he can publish her own book." Yoona started her statement.

"So you didn't choose career over me? So what is your own side of story? Prove me that you are not the same like the person who told me the latter reason. Prove me that the story you will tell was oh so true and not another part of such novels you or I read." Jessica says coldly. Don't expect too much about her, this two years wasn't in good term yet.

"I am not telling any story that can be pick in so many novels, but I am here as Im Yoona who will tell you the truth behind all those lies." Yoona old her ex. The expression on Jessica's face didn't even change a little. "How can I trust that your so called 'truth' was the real thing? You once broke my trust." Jessica stated fearless.

It pinch Yoona's heart a little, but no! She will not let Jessica rile the thing she prepared all this years. Yoona prepared this speech of her before she come back here in Korea. That was the same they she knew that she will now goung fine again.

"I didn't intentionally break your trust, the sittuation got out of hand that even me can't control it." Yoona answered in her so serious tone. Jessica looks at her. "Then tell me the exact thing." Jessica says.

"Do you remember the day after graduation?" Yoona asked with a bitter smile on her lips. Her eyes was saying that she was remiscing the past. "How can I not remember that? That was the same day you told me that you will stay in Korea, and we will both look for the auditing firm we like if we both pass the exam." Jessica says coldly.

"Three months after that was our exam, after a month the result says that we both pass the exam. I was really happy that time that finally I can work. Work with my girlfriend and find the best auditing firm that we can work with, but then reality hits me on what happened after graduation. My world crumbled down and my dream was with it. After passing the exam, a week after I left without saying anything." Yoona told Jessica. The latter was giving her the confused look. Jessica doesn't really know what Yoona was trying to say. "What do you mean?" Jessica change the tone of her voice.

The day finally come where all of Accouncy students waited. It was the day where another stage if life was waiting for them. Jessica was really happy that time. Her girlfriend hug her. "Congrats to us honey. Are you ready for the job hunting?" Yoona asked her girlfriend.

"FYI, it was a review for the board exam first."  Jessica corrected her girlfriend. Yoona giggle. Then she kiss her girlfriend. Jessica slap her in shoulder. "Why did you do that? What if mom and dad see us?" Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter