Chapter 4

Dont love THAT me.

[Eun hye]


I ran across my neighborhood , panting for breath as i was late for school. I put on a little bit of make up because of bags under my eyes that made me look like a retarded panda. Its all that jerk-han’s fault! He didnt help a bit on the project and made me stay up all night long doing all those slides of Egypt for our presentation. Now, my class is starting and i ended up looking like a retarded panda doing marathons, and i dont even know how is he going to explain our slide without knowing anything. Urgh... why does girls even like this jerk, do they even have eyes?

I reached the school when about half of the history period had passed. Outside the classroom i heard luhan's named called:
" LUHAN! DONT GO AND GIVE STUPID EXCUSES ABOUT UR PARTNER GOT EATEN BY A DOG. IM NOT CONVINCED WITH THAT, WHERE IS SHE!"


I panicked and slammed the door open so luhan wont get scolded more.
"Sorry seonsaeng-nim. Its not luhans fault! I overslept, please let us do our presentation!"


As usual, everyone's attention was on me as i was always loud eveeywhere i go. Different types of stares occured around me, stares of disgust, amuse, and hatred.Murmurs, suppossingly not heard by me, was heard clearly:
"Whats wrong with her making Luhan take all the responsibility."
"I know right, such a ."
"She looks awful, was she running in an Olympics game?"

I ignored all those comments and gave an eye sign to luhan that obviously stated - go infront and start our presentation. But i doubted he will follow.


But, surprisingly, he went infront immediately and connect my laptop, which i then handed it to him, to the projector. Sounds of girls whispering began again, maybe its because of luhan’s abnormal helping hand. I have to admit, if theres someone beside me, i would have whispered things to that person.

My mind clicked when i remembered luhan did nothing. I was worried so i whispered to him:
"We are presenting about egypt."

He gave me a glare and nodded.

The presentation started as i did the introduction. Everything went smoothly and was about to end. I passed the presentation for luhan to continue.
Again, luhan surprised everyone when he spilled out everything he knew about egypt, and it was almost everything about egypt.

He talked about the Egyptians building pyramids, the geometrical explanations of pyramids and so-on. My mouth was opened wide because i cant mentally accept the fact that he knew this much.
He finished the presentation with a perfect ending. All the people in the class, including the teacher, gave a big applause at our presentation, but obviously the girls just clapped for luhan.
Luhan stared at me with a smirk. I blushed abit but i immediately went back to reality and rolled my eyes.

"Good job. I like this group's presentation", said mrs bae, "A+".

"YESSSS!" I shouted in excitement, and again, the same thing happened like when i walked in the class.
"Its all luhan oppas help that she got an A+."
Once again ignored their commentd and went to my seat, which was beside jerkhan.

======
[Luhan]


She sat beside me in class and the distance between us made her make up look obvious. Fade dark circles were slightly shown under her eyes. I scoffed.
She turned to me , curious.


“ your make up looks ridiculous.” i said in a joking way, but i tried not to hurt her. She showed a very cute expression and punched me slightly at my shoulder.
“shut up pink hair freak, its all your fault i have to stay up all night”

Guilt gushed within me and i felt sorry when i imagine how she will survive throughout the day without sleep last night. I silenced myself.

“thanks......freak!" She broke the awkward silence.
I ignored the thanks and asked her if she will be free today. I decided to treat her coffee since shes gonna be tired af. But i tried make it not so obvious since im a jerk to begin with.
"No. I have to work at a coffee shop. The one near your company."

What?! Shes gonna work there?
The coffee shop where xiao lu's working?
Damn that manager, why hire her???

And how does she know about my company since shes not does fan of me?


I felt a bit happiness flattering in my tummy. I let out a small smirk and sarcasticly said:
"Oh, look whos interested in my company, i thought you hate me like your family's arch enemy"

She scoffed and said: " oh please, i hate you more than that, you know why?"

"Not interested." I pretend not to be but deep inside, im a curious cat.

"Well i dont care if you're interested or not, but YOU MADE MY BROTHER LOOK LIKE A PIECE OF TRASH IN EXO."

What? Whos her brother? I dont know anyone that resembles her. And how am i supposed to make him look like trash when maybe he really looks like trash?

"Who the hell is your brother! I dont know you and your stupid brother." I made myself look pissed.

"He....." tears slowly gathered in the eyes of eun hye. I felt more guilt than ever.
"I.." i was about to say something when she just blurted everything that came to her mind.

"Chen, my brother worked so hard.... to get in a kpop group... but instead......" the tears rolled down and tear drops slowly wet our presentation papers. I didnt make a sound and continue listening at what shes about to say.

"Instead... he took ur place because you left, which made the fans hate him alot." She finished her sentence and burst into her crying. I cant say anything.

"Its NOT my fault he's my replacement. And its NOT my fault he doesnt look better than me." I raised my voice. No one was watching use because the class ended right before she cried. Immediately i regretted saying those words to her. Was i too harsh? I thought.

She continued crying. I felt all the guilt and something felt different in me. Something i never felt before.

I ......
======
[Eunhye]


...hugged me.
I felt the warmth of his body, but immediately i remembered, this is the jerk, the cause of everything bad that happened in my brother’s life.

I punched his chest with all my might, but the crying had drained my energy. He didnt let go.

“let go..”

His eyes opened wide. Its like he woke up from a dream. He pushed me hard, opening the distance between us and marched of the room.
I looked at him in disbelief and scoffed.

I picked up my bagpack and head off to work, with red eyes and nose.

=======
[Luhan]


I cant believe i did that! ..... she must be confused. This cant be happening.

I remembered the bags under her eyes. I ran to the convenience store before my shift at the coffee shop. I chose a small ice pack for eunhye's eyes so that her eye bags will reduced after all the crying.
I called Jackson to bring me xiao lu clothes. He parked his car behind the coffee shop as i went in and change into xiao lu, then walked into the coffee shop casually through the back door.

Only thing that i didnt realise is that the whole progress was recorded by sehun, in a dark corner....

I marched in happily in the coffee shop thinking everything was just so perfect.
Thats when i spotted eun hye, starring at me with confused (and baggy) eyes. I let out a big smile at her.

"Yes? What do you want from me? And hai~ im xiao lu". I made myself look as friendly as possible with my hands reaching out for a handshake.

She didnt reply the handshake and asked me:
" what are you doing here jerk-han?" I showed a confused expression.

"Hmm? Do i know you?"
She scoffed and rolled her eyes at the same time. I ignored that since i know she hates me, the luhan me, alot.

"Well yeah, you just hugged me in the classroom about an hour ago? Hello?"
"Jerk." She blurted.

" Im sorry but if you insist i can be the jerk if you want, but can you tell me his name at least? So you know, i will know when to react? Cuz i really dont know what are you talking about."

Oh gosh im so pleased of my acting skills. She began to show signs of confusement, acceptence and realization. I smirked to myself, so she cant see it.

"Hmm.... you really doesnt feel like him when u let that big smile. That jerk doent smile at all."

Who says?! I smile all the time........ in advertisements. Yah! You are so rude. Your gonna pay when i see you at school.

"Haha, yeah i like to smile. Its my speciality!" I beamed.

"XIAO LU! WHERE ARE YOU, COULD YOU COME AND LEND ME A HAND?"
I heard the call and rushed over after i handed eunhye the ice pack.
"I saw you just now on the streets(i lied), use it on your eye bags!" I pointed at my eyes and rushed off to work.

[Eun hye]


My heart.... it beats faster after he handed me the ice pack. And in within, a small feeling of warmth touched the deep side of my heart...

=====
Phew, i already forgot how to write, my english is getting worse.....

 

 Subscribe • comment • upvote !

 ~aliennnnn