Chapter Eight

Under the Blue Umbrella
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung set Iseul down, feeling tired after all of the “superman flying” he had done to him. Today was a Saturday afternoon and for the rest of the morning, Jinyoung spent it with his little brother. Who would resist the little guy?

 

“Aww...That’s it?” Iseul whined as Jinyoung laid on the couch, still catching his breath.

 

“Yeah.” Jinyoung said and patted Iseul’s head. “That’s it, superboy.”

 

“I-”

 

Ding! Dong!

 

“Who is that?” Iseul’s head perked up towards the doorway and Jinyoung got up to answer it.

 

Jinyoung was shocked to see who was behind the door. He opened the door wider, taking in the appearance of the person.

 

“S-Sooyoung…”

 

“Aunty!” Iseul shrieked and ran towards Sooyoung. Jinyoung tried to hold him back but he went past his hand and onto Sooyoung’s legs.

 

“Ohh! Aren’t you cute!” Sooyoung exclaimed as Jinyoung had no choice but to step back to let her in. “I see that you’ve grown taller!”

 

“I am!” Iseul jumped up and down as he followed Sooyoung inside. Jinyoung closed the door and saw the bags in his aunt’s hands. He followed behind her and sighed silently.

 

“What are you doing here, aunty?” Jinyoung asked and bent down to put the toys away in the living room.

 

“I think you know why I’m here, Jinyoung…”

 

At this, Jinyoung felt his head hurt and he touched his forehead in pain.

 

“I cannot know how to explain this but you just can’t take him.”

 

“Jinyoung, you have to listen to me!” Sooyoung said in a warning tone and Jinyoung set the last of the toys away. “You’re a high schooler. You have more important matters to worry as of right now. Get your grades up and maybe try to get a scholarship.”

 

“My grades are fine as they are.” Jinyoung told her a bit too harsh. He heard Sooyoung sigh behind him as he slid the cardboard box in a kitchen drawer.

 

“I’ve already rented an apartment nearby. My husband is also there, waiting.”

 

“Your husband?” At this, Jinyoung grew alerted and he looked up at Sooyoung. “Waiting for what?”

 

“Who.” She corrected him. “Iseul, of course.”

 

“Brother, what is she talking about?” Iseul whimpered and Jinyoung held out his arms, letting Iseul run into them. “I’m scared…”

 

“Don’t be, Iseul.” Jinyoung smiled and assured him.

 

“My husband and I are thinking about living somewhere other than Korea for now.” Sooyoung said and Jinyoung stared at her.

 

“Thailand, of course.” Jinyoung mumbled.

 

“Thailand!?” Iseul jumped up. “I want to go!”

 

Jinyoung knew that Iseul had a love for Thailand. The culture, the food, and even the people there. Jinyoung knew that Iseul was too young to understand the situation he was put in. If he went with Sooyoung, he’d never see Jinyoung again.

 

Jinyoung knew that this was a bait for Iseul to go with them. If only he thought of a way to make Iseul stay with him…

 

“I’ll give you more time to think about it.” His aunt told him and this made Jinyoung mad. He had never been this angry before in his life. Just thinking about this and her ability to take Iseul away made his blood boil but also sadden him. Jinyoung keeps telling her but she says that he won’t listen. Maybe she should listen to his reason and try to understand it.

 

Sooyoung took out the big bag and handed it to Iseul as Jinyoung’s mind was full of frenzy anger.

 

“Here’s a present from your aunt!” She exclaimed and smiled as Iseul gasped with joy. He quickly opened the bag and took out all of it’s contents, revealing all the toys. “They’re also from Thailand too!”

 

“Thailand?!” Iseul squealed and hugged Sooyoung. There were three plush toys, Spongebob, Pororo, and Totoro. The other two were robotic figures of Transformers which made Iseul even happier because he was a fan of Transformers.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter