Chapter Six

Under the Blue Umbrella
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung woke up, feeling exhausted and wiped out. He shifted in his bed and tried to find Iseul’s small sleeping figure. When he placed his hand on the spot Iseul had slept last night, there was nothing but a pile of blankets.

 

“Iseul?” Jinyoung grumbled and yawned. He slowly got up and opened his eyes wider, realizing that Iseul really wasn’t sleeping next to him. “Iseul?!”

 

Jinyoung jumped out of his bed and searched the floors in case Iseul had fell down but he wasn’t anywhere near.

 

“Iseul!” He called again and flew out of his bedroom into the tiny living room. He spotted Iseul sleeping on the couch but he wasn’t sleeping alone. He was sleeping with someone and they seemed to be cuddled with Iseul.

 

How...did Jaebum get in…?

 

The only way Jaebum could get in was break down the door but that would’ve been too noisy and Jinyoung would’ve heard it right away. Jinyoung went to the front door and opened it. It was unlocked. No wonder how Jaebum got in…

 

But why…?

 

Not that it didn’t matter that he came in Jinyoung’s apartment without asking or telling him. They were friends after all...right? Friends go to each other’s apartments all the time.

 

Jinyoung went back to the living room and stepped closer to Iseul and Jaebum. He spotted Jaebum’s face and couldn’t stop staring at him, his heart pounding. Jaebum was so...handsome and...not cute but hot in a way. Jinyoung’s eyes traced Jaebum’s face and shoulders. He came closer and went on his knees to stare at the peaceful sleeping face, blushing at what he was doing. What exactly was he doing? Jaebum could wake up at any minute and things would be awkward. But Jinyoung didn’t care at this moment. He wanted to take in Jaebum’s presence and feel comfortable, knowing this his crush was sleeping under his own home. Except that Jinyoung’s heart was beating way too loud and fast that he felt his face growing red. Jinyoung looked at the time and saw that it was five-thirteen. It wasn’t that early and Jinyoung would have time to finish the novel on his phone by the time it hit seven o’clock. He turned around and saw a pair of brown eyes staring back at him. Jinyoung jerked backwards and fell, hitting his on the floor. Jaebum yawned and stretched a little bit, careful not to wake Iseul up.

 

“Y-You scared me…!” Jinyoung yelled-whispered and Jaebum put his pointer finger against his lips. Jinyoung stood up and went to the kitchen a bit embarrassed, finally deciding to do something else than staring at Jaebum’s face. While he prepared the ingredients to cook dolsot bibimbap, Jaebum came by the kitchen’s entrance and stared at Jinyoung chopping vegetables.

 

“You’re making me feel a bit uncomfortable…” Jinyoung stated but Jaebum still stood there. Iseul walked behind Jaebum and saw the tall muscular figure above him.

 

“Who’s this…?” Iseul yawned, his puffy cheeks puffing out.

 

“It’s Jaebum.” Jinyoung told Iseul and went to get a pot from the kitchen drawer.

 

“Jaebum?” Iseul said. “The guy who-”

 

“Let’s go, Iseul.” Jaebum said and stretched once more, leading Iseul to the living room. “Leave mama Jinyoung to cook.”

 

At this, Jinyoung blushed a bit and he just had to smile at the compliment. Was it a compliment? Jinyoung didn’t know but he felt generous at what Jaebum had called him.

 

“What are you cooking by the way?” Jaebum’s voice came from the living room.

 

“He’s cooking dolsot bibimbap.” Iseul answered him without even having Jinyoung open his mouth to answer.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter