Chapter Two

Under the Blue Umbrella
Please log in to read the full chapter

BEEP! BEEP!

 

Jinyoung immediately woke up and swiped the phone’s screen. He made sure to pick up Iseul early, twenty minutes early to be exact. He grabbed his coat making sure he had a few bucks for candy and his phone.

 

While on his way to the daycare, he stopped by the aunty’s candy store and bought saewookkang and a small box of pocky for himself.

 

“Thank you, Jinyoung.” The aunt gave Jinyoung a smile and grabbed a bag of Hi-Chew nearby.

 

“Oh, you don’t need to, aunty!” Jinyoung pushed the hand back as the aunty handed the bag to him again.

 

“You’re a regular, just take it!” She gestured for Jinyoung to take it. “I know how it is to raise a small child by yourself. Let alone that you’re a boy and not a girl!”

 

After Jinyoung shook his head no, the aunty slipped the candy in the bag and Jinyoung had no choice but to accept it with a smile.

 

“What a kind and handsome young man.” Jinyoung heard the aunty say as he walked towards the door. “I hope he finds someone as nice as him to be with!”


 

Jinyoung arrived eleven minutes early and he sat down on a chair nearby. He set the small plastic bag on the floor by his feet and took his phone out, not noticing the young man staring at him across the waiting room.

 

Jinyoung continued to read an interesting book on his phone when his phone made the ‘5% battery’ notification.

 

“Ah, shoot.” Jinyoung muttered. “I thought I charged it when I was sleeping?”

 

Jinyoung searched through his pockets for the charger but then realized he didn’t bring it with him. He slapped his leg in annoyance but saw that the time was five twenty-four, almost at thirty, the time when Iseul came out. He sighed and bent down to retrieve the bag by his foot when his eyes passed the man across the room. Jinyoung froze for a second but continued and took the small box of Pocky.

 

The man looked so familiar in Jinyoung’s eyes and he couldn’t help stare at the figure looking out at the nearby window.

 

Was he the one...who gave me the umbrella…?

 

The man shifted a little and Jinyoung couldn’t help but look at his legs, the arms and the structure of his provocative face. Suddenly, he turned his head and looked back at Jinyoung, startling Jinyoung and Jinyoung looked away quickly opening the box of Pocky.

 

Oh ! I hoped he didn’t see me staring at him like that!

 

Jinyoung felt his cheeks warm up and stuck a pocky stick in his mouth. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the man walking towards him and Jinyoung moved uncomfortably. The man slumps into the seat next to Jinyoung and Jinyoung moves his arm off the left side of the seat where the man was sitting at. Jinyoung could smell the weak scent of cologne as the man took out his phone.

 

“Who are you waiting for?” He spoke, surprising Jinyoung a bit. Jinyoung quickly chews on the pocky stick as his cheeks start to turn red.

 

“My little brother, Iseul.” Jinyoung answered and cleared his throat. Jinyoung knew that the man could see his rosy cheeks and it embarrassed Jinyoung so much.

 

“Oh.” The man says and goes back to his phone, currently texting someone back.

 

“Were you the guy who gave me the blue umbrella?” Jinyoung asked, his heart beating a million times faster. He couldn’t believe that he was trying to make a conversation with this stranger that he liked!

 

“Yeah,” The man answered. “You still remember how I look? That’s why you asked, right?”

 

“Uh, well, it wasn’t like, that hard to see since it was like, under the street lamp post.” Jinyoung stuttered and he wanted to kick himself for sounding stupid. The man chuckled quietly and Jinyoung swore that his heart skipped a beat. He brought a pocky stick to his mouth and slowly brought the small box to the left of him.

 

“Do you want to have some?” Jinyoung offered and saw the man turn to him.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter