Chapter Three

Under the Blue Umbrella
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung sat at his desk, anticipating someone’s arrival.

 

Im Jaebum…

 

Even thinking about his name made Jinyoung nervous. The boy had to wait patiently and listen to music to pass the time of the morning.

 

“Hey!” Someone jumped at Jinyoung, startling him.

 

“W-What?” Jinyoung stared at his classmate with wide eyes. “What do you want, Bambam?”

 

Bambam was the nickname Jinyoung gave to Kunpimook Bhuwakul, a hella too long of a name for Jinyoung to remember. So instead of calling him Kunpimook, he just started calling him Bambam since he always made a loud noise wherever he went. Kunpimook, Bambam, moved to South Korea to live with his father and his step-mother since they were both divorced. He originally lived in Thailand, the place where Iseul always wanted to go to.

 

“Is there a transfer student today?” Bambam sat at the desk in front of Jinyoung, facing him.

 

“Uh...Yes?”

 

“I knew it!” Bambam said with triumph.

 

“How did you know?”

 

“I heard the teachers talking about it when I went to the teacher’s lounge.” Bambam told Jinyoung. “How did you know?”

 

“I, uh,” Jinyoung hesitated. “I just know?”

 

Bambam narrowed his eyes at Jinyoung and clapped his hands in front of his face.

 

“Can you stop doing that?!” Jinyoung slapped Bambam’s hands away and rolled his eyes as Bambam suspiciously stared into Jinyoung’s eyes.

 

Seriously, why do I even talk to him?

 

“You met them...didn’t you?” Bambam whispered.

 

“Yes, yes I did.” Jinyoung said. “Now stop bothering me and bother someone else.”

 

“Kunpi-”

 

“No!” Bambam slammed his hand on Jinyoung’s desk.

 

“O-Ok... Sorry to bother you…” A girl pouted and walked away with her head down.

 

“W-Wait!” Bambam turned around quickly and went after the girl who had left the class. “I was saying that to Jinyoung, not you!”

 

Jinyoung sighed and finally had some peace to himself. He plugged his earbuds in his ears again and stared out the window. Suddenly, all the students rushed to their seats, chattering about the new transfer student. Jinyoung looked up and saw the teacher walk up to the podium. His eyes weren’t on the teacher though.

 

“Im Jaebum…” Jinyoung silently said the name under his breath and stared at the figure beside the teacher.

 

“Hello class.” The teacher greeted and turned towards Jaebum after he had wrote his name on the board. “This is our new student.”

 

“Hello, I’m Im Jaebum.” Jaebum bowed and the class started to chatter.

 

“Ohmygod! He’s hot!”

 

“I think I’m melting, guys!”

 

“He’s gonna get all the girls for sure.”

 

“The new popular boy already...”

 

“Okay class!” The teacher tapped his ruler on the podium. “Be quiet so I can assign Jaebum a seat!”

 

Everyone immediately grew silent as the teacher thought for a few seconds. There was a seat behind Jinyoung and a seat next to the geeky girl. Jinyoung put his phone away but looked out the window where his desk was by. He knew that Jaebum was staring at him as the teacher thought.

 

“You’ll be behind Jinyoung.” The teacher said and pulled out the math book as Jaebum silently walked and slipped into the desk behind Jinyoung. Jinyoung couldn’t help but smile a bit. His heart kept on pounding and he could hear it in his ears. One thing that Jinyoung realized was, Jaebum could stare at Jinyoung’s back the whole time and he wouldn’t even know it. Jinyoung moved uncomfortably and pulled out his math supplies as the teacher told them what page to turn to.

 

Shut up, Jinyoung! You don’t even know if he’s gay or not!

 

For the whole class hour, Jinyoung had a feeling that Jaebum wasn’t gay at all. Just a guy that nicely gave his umbrella to Jinyoung and had a small chat to pass time at the daycare.


 

Jinyoung packed his supplies and headed out the classroom door followed by many others. The school day had ended and Jinyoung had survived a day with Jaebum in the same school as his. Jinyoung swore that for three periods, all Jaebum did was sleep and tapped his pencil, annoying the teach

Please log in to read the full chapter