008

Hallyuu Gakuen

Chansung comes back to their room with a strangely pensive look on his face. The first thing he does after walking in is drop his bag on the floor, but the second thing he does is hug Nichkhun.


“Hyung.” He breathes the word out softly, into the air above Nichkhun’s shoulder, tickling his ear.


“Oh, waegurae, Chansung-ah?” He tries to sound gentle and consoling. Even if he is miserable about this whole Chansung-Soohyun thing, he’s still mature enough to put his aside when Chansung needs him.


“Have you ever been in love?” And Nichkhun nearly kicks himself in the face he’s so startled. What kind of a question is that for someone who’s in love with you? Somehow he manages to restrain himself from doing anything incredibly stupid and disguises how flustered he is by hugging Chansung a little tighter, keeping his face hidden.


“Maybe. Why do you ask?” He hopes Soohyun’s name doesn’t pop up.


“It’s Soohyun.” Wish granted. Thanks a lot, Universe.


“What about her?” Though he’s not sure he really wants to know, but this is Chansung and he can’t not ask.


“She met her soulmate today, and it wasn’t me.” What?


“What?! What the hell does that mean? Are you okay?” Nichkhun pulls back to look at Chansung’s face, expecting tears but seeing only mild bewilderment.


“I’m fine. We weren’t really dating or anything, I just felt kind of lonely, then I started wondering about what it’s like, to be in love like that and just know.” Nichkhun’s heart aches and he thinks about how much he loves Chansung, about how wonderful and excruciating it is.


“That’s… I don’t know. But, how could she just—?” How could she snatch Chansung away and then just throw him out all in the span of twenty-four hours? Chansung pulls him down so that they’re sitting on Nichkhun’s bed.


“It really is fine, Hyung. We were never… Serious? I guess? I just liked her, that’s all. I liked the way I felt around her. I’m okay.” He really did look okay.


“Are you sure?” Nichkhun looks him straight in the eyes as he asks but, Chansung looks more amused than heartbroken.


“Mmhmm.” He hums it with a grin and Nichkhun decides to take his word for it.


“Well… I still don’t think this is right. I mean, who is this guy anyway? And how can she know when they just met?” Nichkhun has first hand experience with how smart the siblings are, but isn’t this a bit much? Chansung just keeps smiling though.


“His name is Nam Joohyuk. He just transferred in and… I think with some people you just know. Like with you and me: we’re best friends and I just know we’ll be a part of each other’s lives for the rest of our lives. Right?” And he’s so sincere that Nichkhun almost wants to slap him. Oblivious Bastard.


“Right.” He tries his best to smile back and he keeps smiling as Chansung carries the conversation along: asking about his day and such. By the time they’re settling down to sleep, his smile is a bit less fake and his chest doesn’t feel so hollow. At least with Soohyun out of the picture, Nichkhun can keep Chansung to himself for a little while longer.