014

Hallyuu Gakuen

 

Taec pops in during his Independent Study Period and, for a second, Nichkhun’s heart lifts, thinking that Chansung’s come back.

 

“Yo, Khun. Channie said you were sick, you okay?” Nichkhun almost punches him.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I… Had a drink with Jay last night. He told me… That you’ve known since Hongdae.” Taec clamps up for a moment before relaxing and dropping into Khun’s bed.

 

“Ah… Right. Well… I mean I don’t blame you, me and Channie are clearly the best looking members of 2PM.” He grins full-teeth and Nichkhun snorts.

 

“Pfft– Take your glasses off before you say like that.” Taec places both palms over the center of his chest and feigns like he’s been absolutely scandalized.

 

“Ah! How very dare you. So, you okay?” They both give up the joke and sit back properly.

 

“Yeah. I told him.” The way that Taec’s eyes go wide and his voice raises an octave tell Nichkhun that he needn’t elaborate.

 

“You did?” Khun rests his head against the wall and shuts his eyes, letting the regret and anxiety wash over him.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“And?”

 

“He…” Khun lets out a small sigh.

 

“Said he needed some time. He said he might go talk to MinJun-Hyung.” Taec nods sagely.

 

“Mm, makes sense. And you? What are you gonna do?” Nichkhun shakes his head.

 

“I don’t know. What can I do? He says to trust him; he says he won’t leave, but… He’s always been the most sensitive member of the group. When he… When he realises he doesn’t love me… I don’t want to be an obligation to him. I don’t want to be a burden; I don’t want to lose him. I shouldn’t have told him.” He pulls his knees up and rests his forehead on them.

 

“So, why did you?” Taec prompts.

 

“Because I tell him everything. Even when I couldn’t speak Korean, he still made time for me, still talked to me and helped and looked after me. How could I not fall in love with him?”

 

“Ah. I see. Then, I guess you’ll just have to trust him. Trust him like he trusts you.” Khun lets his voice go raw and vulnerable.

 

“But… He’s better than me.”

 

“Khun.” Taec’s voice is firm and full of disapproval.

 

“What is that? Don’t think like that. You’re great. You look after him just as much as he looks after you and he appreciates it. I know he does.” He chastises, before softening and continuing on.

 

“It’ll be okay. Somehow or another, it’ll all work out. Whatever… Craziness is going on, nothing can change the fact that we’re family. Nothing.” Nichkhun doesn’t entirely believe him, but they’re good words and they make him want to believe.

 

“Hah~ Thanks, Ok-Cat.”

 

“No problem, Your Majesty. Now have a wank and take a load off. See ya!” He throws the last bit over his shoulder as the door shuts behind him and Nichkhun shouts an indignant:

 

“Taec!” But the only reply he gets is the sound of maniacal laughter fading down the hall. He tries to scrub the blush off his cheeks and avoid thinking about doing just that.

Both endeavors are a failure.

 

“Jeez.”