Door 4: No dream

House of Cards

You stumbled through the corridor in fear, each finger twitching after every step. You passed the first pair of doors you saw and went straight to the second pair, to the door on the right. On the door read "4" at the top as you reached slowly for the knob. As you grabbed it to open, the door creaked open slightly by itself. You had no idea who was in this room. You checked your back pocket to make sure the card was still in there and walked in. It was dark and you felt the wall for a light switch, but when you finally found it, nothing happened. Releasing a breath, you closed the door behind you to make sure nothing came in after you. Silence mixed with cold breezes were heard. The only source of light was the large window on the right side of the room. 

"Someone here?" while walking around in the darkness with creaks following your footsteps.

"Hello?"

Suddenly, you heard a sound of scribbling on a page next to the window. The light from the window only caught what looked like a shoulder of the person. 

"Hello?"

".....gonna write. Gotta study." a deep voice muttered fearfully.

"Na-nam---jooon..."

"Huh? Who is that?"

"It's me. (reader)-ah...why are you writing in the dark?"

"Why are you in my room? Can't you see that I'm trying to study?!"

"What are you studying?"

"I have a paper due tomorrow and five exams." he said with a cracking voice.

"Where? What are you talking about?"

"I do this all day, every day."

"You have just released an album. You don't have to be studying," you explained.

He sighed as you continuously heard the writing sounds. "I wish I did. That would be a great reality."

It felt like your heart stopped for a moment. "You're playing, right?"

"Why? I wish I had a dream! I never had one and I probably never will."

You trailed in his direction into the darkness to fill for his shoulder. Before you knew it, you slipped on something and landed on your hands and knees. You felt something under your hand and grabbed it and held it up to the light, realizing it was one of the cards. On it was a picture of a blue face, under it said, "Face your fears" with Namjoon's name on the bottom of it. "His fear is not having a dream?" you asked yourself.

"What?" you heard in your left ear. "You messed up my homework."

You were right in front of him, too close. To the point where when he spoke, his breath reached your cheek right after.

"Ahh...I'm sorry," you said jumping back on your bum, landing on a book. "But listen to me. You have a dream. You live it almost every day. You are a rapper in a group named Bangtan."

Namjoon chuckled to her. "That group? Why would I be a part of that group?"

"You mean you don't know who they are?"

"No, I know them. But they only have two rappers from what I remember."

"Namjoon, you are the apart of that group. You're known as Rap monster!"

"What type of stupid name is that?!! Get off my homework! I have so many tests coming up."

You stood up and strolled away to another area within the darkness. "Why won't you believe me?!! What are you afraid of?"

"You tore my study guide."

"Why do you believe you don't have a dream?"

"I will go to college and get a successful job! I have to study every day! Something that I don't think you like doing."

"And what makes you think you want to do it either? Are you doing it because you like it or are you doing it because you think it will make you successful?!" you shouted at him.

"My enjoyment doesn't matter, now. I need to become successful first, then have fun."

"Rap monster!"

"That's not my name!" he yelled back.

"Namjoon, what is your dream?! You can't sit here and do the same thing every single day!"

"Why not?"

"You won't be happy," you yelled back as you heard your phone buzz in your pocket. It was your mother.

(Text message: Text me every now and then so I can know that you're okay now.)

(You: okay.)

Just then, you realized your phone carried music, which made you spark an idea. "I have one song on my phone that you could hear."

"Don't."

Because you heard their songs almost every day on the radio, you only had one of their songs on your phone. "Cypher part. 3", which was one of your favorite songs from the Bangtan. You couldn't get enough of that one song to just listen to it on the radio. "Listen!" as you started the song. The picture of him, J-Hope, and Suga were on the playlist. "Come and see." as they both heard his rap starting. There was silence for a moment, followed by footsteps coming towards you. Namjoon took the phone from you and turned off the music. "Namjoon!" you yelled. The light from the phone illuminated his face as you noticed his surprised expression. He played the music again, completely ignoring your presence. "This is really me?" he said to himself

This was your chance to take the card. You went to pick up the card that had his name and glaring at it, realizing that his name was now starting to fade. Is the fading good?

"Rap monster, do you believe now?" as you continued to stare at his name on the card as it continued to wash away.

"I think."

He didn't question his name! It's working. "Rap Monster, you remember everyone from the group now?"

"They are....my friends. My group members. And today, we went somewhere with Jin and a girl."

"Me." as his name faded more.

"And we were in this house. I don't know who it belongs t---Jin's grandma! And we played this game! And now....(reader)-ah!"

"Yup." as she put his card in her back pocket."

"Let's get out and find the others! " as he grabbed your hand and ran out the door to the living room. "It's so dark from the last time I saw this place."

"Yea, when Jin went, the carpet broke some of the lights. Jin wasn't hit, though. He is okay."

Just then they both turned around, realizing there were other people that need to be rescued. 

"I'll stay in the living room while you retrieve the others." Rapmonster decided as he relaxed on one of the couches. "Wouldn't be much and such."

 

 

Back