Door 2: It's done...

House of Cards

Pulling yourself together, you had the guts to take the step into the hall of the corridor. You didn't know which door to go into at this point. You were nervous out of your mind. What if the carpet was still in the room? Would they come and attack you? All of these questions you just had to swallow and move on from. You didn't want to go any deeper into the darkness, so you stopped at the first door on your right. The door read "2" on the top as you nervously opened the door, hearing the creaking of the floor. The room was smaller than you thought it would be, so the light from the living room, gave you enough light that you could manipulate at the entrance. You realized it was the bathroom, quite a big one for its size. You heard splashes of water come from the back. You walked in, closing the door behind you, realizing there was small blue nightlight in the bathroom that helped you a bit, so you used your phone in your front pocket as extra light. Looking around, you kept hearing the sound of a splash, and after a while, the splashing stopped. Then, the sound of scarce breathing arose from the corner. Turning your phone to that area, you saw a figure surrounded by small snakes.

"Hoseok!" you yelled. He looked as if he was tired. You knew he noticed the reptiles and that it scared him but for some reason, he wasn't moving. "J-Hope, get away from the snakes!"

"Hi...." he said to you as he looked at your light source. You were too scared to get really close to him. Last time you checked, you were that fond of snakes either. He looked like he was just soaked in water and about to pass out at any moment. "J-Hope!"

"Stop yel--ing" he said softly. "I'm sleepy."

"Don't go to sleep here. What happened to you?"

It seemed as if he was about to scratch his back, but as his hand came back to her, he held a card in his hand. It was soaked but it had the name "Hosemin" at the bottom. The picture on it was a single drop of water and at the top read "Drown due to disaster"

"Hosemin? You know we are playing a game?"

He nodded. "I couldn't save him," he said.

"Who?"

"...Jimin."

"Wait, Hosemin is--Hoseok, with...Jimin?! Where is he?"

"He's...." as he sniffled. "...At the bottom of the tub over there."

"Uh, Jimin!!" looking for the tub. "J-Hope, don't fall asleep!"

Your light caught sight of the tub filled with soapy water as it flowed a little bit.

"Jimin!" you said with tears rolling down your face. You dropped your phone on the floor and dug your hands into the tub. You felt a presence; maybe a part of his face, attempting to pull whatever you felt up. "Jimin!!" you yelled. You heard something rise from the water, as you heard coughing and water splashing. You saw this as a chance to place your phone on the other side of the tub so you could see his face. Jimin glared at you with a super pale face and tired eyes. "Jimin, what the heck is wrong with you?"

"Jin's gone, (reader)-ah" he said weeping. As you looked, you realize he still had clothes on. 

"Idiot!" you said. You glimpsed over at J-Hope, who looked half asleep. The baby snakes were now on his legs.

"What am I suppose to do?" Jimin sobbed. "Hyung isn't here."

"Not leave your other members."

"But they are gone, too."

"Nobody is gone!!" you yelled. "Everyone is alive!"

"Where is J-Hope? He was trying to help me."

"He's over here with these snakes! You're trying to cope with your feelings stupidly, while not even worrying about helping the other members out!"

Jimin looked blankly at you. "Look at J-Hope!"

Jimin sat up more and looked behind and saw J-Hope completely passes out. "J-Hope!" he said in a panic. He jumped out the tub and ran passed you. He was slipping all over the place but he didn't care. Finally, he slipped for the last time and crawled towards him. "J-Hope! Are you okay? Talk to me!"

"Get off of me."

"No." as he cupped his face. "Are you alright?"

Hoseok looked as if he was slowly slipping away. You wanted to do something about this situation but you thought at the time, your help wasn't needed. Jimin continuously tapped is face, sounding as if he was tapping a soft ball of slime, waiting for him to respond. Then he looked down at his hand, that was holding the game card. "What is this? Drown due to disaster," he questioned as he looked back at you. "Help me! He isn't responding to me!" he cried. Quickly, you joined Jimin's side as you both tried to wake up the member. Jimin grabbed the two baby snakes, tossing them into the tub.

"Did the snakes bite you?" he asked.

Hoseok shook his head. "Then wake up!" Jimin commanded.

"I'm so cold." 

You turned around and ran to find a towel, but Jimin managed to find one next him on the sink and went to dry him. Hoseok tried to resist the help with his hands. He continuously grabbed Jimin's wrist to restrain him from trying to dry him. "Stop," he said softly. Jimin forced him into a hug. "No! Don't leave me, too! Stay with me!!"

J-Hope glared at you with fainting vision, looking as if he would slip away at any moment. Jimin's sobbing was heard in the back of your mind. Hoseok's expression made you blocked out most of it. Was he really slipping away infront of me? J-Hope....

Snapping out of it, the sound of the sobbing in the back of your mind rose back to the surface, in your ears again. Jimin had moved away from J-Hope, now shivering from the cold water he was sitting in before. "Jimin...." you said sadly as he shivered right next to him.

"Don't worry!  I'm not going away anytime soon. You were right. I need to help him. " Jimin answered.

Just as he said that, you had an idea. Quickly, you put your hand in the water, searching for the plug of the drain, forgetting about the snakes. As the water began to go down, you took it out the water, realizing it was a sock blocking the circulation and the snakes had completely disappeared. "What are you doing?" Jimin asked. 

"You'll see," you said as you switched the tub's knob to hot water. Pulling the knob, you replugged the drain with the sock, watching the streamed water pour down. You waited until mid -way to looked back at Jimin and asked him if he could find a way to pull J-Hope up. He had him by his arms as he managed to get him into the tub. You assisted by grabbing his legs, placing him in, taking the card and turning off the water. The steam was still visible as J-Hope began to wake up. "What happened?"

"Are you warm?" Jimin asked, trying to keep his teeth from chattering.

"Yea, I'm waking up." he said looking at both of us. Slowly, his senses began to come back to him. He sat up in shock. "Didn't you throw the snakes in here?!!" he yelled.

"They faded away. They were illusions...I think." you answered.

"Wait, weren't we playing a game?" he asked. You suddenly glimpsed at the card, noticing that "Hose" in Hosemin on the card had gradually disappeared. It seemed as if Hoseok had remembered everything now. His tired expression was gone.

"Jimin, try to remember how you got here. That's all it takes. Did you forget it's a game? All of these things were illusions." J-Hope suddenly said to him while stepping out the tub. "See, I'm completely dry now."

"How?"

"This is all apart of the game. Remember, we are all playing it so of course, we will see the same things. And think about it, if this house was abandon, why would the water work at all? Why were there be snakes? The game comes to life from itself combined with our fears." Hoseok continued.

You smiled in relief. "Jimin do you remember anything about the game?"

"No," he said with his teeth chatting. "(reader)-ah, help me get Jimin in the tub. He is too cold to think correctly." 

Into the water Jimin went, surprisingly he didn' resist. He laid there as his body became unresponsive and began to sink underwater. "Jimin!!" as you tried to stop it but a figure caught both of your hands. "Stop, nothing will happen to him. Just wait," he said calmly. Waiting for his head to come back up was the hardest thing you had to do at the moment. Every second that passed felt like an eternity. You kept trying to free yourself, but his grip never budged from your wrists. "Jimin, no. Don't leave us," you cried. Hoseok just stood and watched with a blank expression.  Bubbles were popping up on the surface of the water, but nothing was coming up. The last bubble made it to the surface as your heart dropped to the core. "....Ji....mii" you sobbed. "Let me go..."

"Stop it. He's alright," Hoseok comforted.

"Give it just one...." as Jimin's face rushed up to the surface. He was breathing heavily and shaking his hair, then wiped his eyes with the back of his hands. "Ah! That's hot!!" he said laughing. "Where are we?"

"I'll explain what is happening when we leave this room. Come on."

Out the door we all left, looking at the card, seeing no name at the bottom any longer. They went into the living room, completely dry and completely clothed again. Jimin turned around and peered at you as they headed into the living room. "Thank you so much. Please find the others." as he went to hug you tightly. This was the point where, for once, you regretted him having muscles. When it came to hugs, it made you breathless. Literally. "Thanks," J-Hope added, doing the crazy dances that he always does before a hug. :D

"Please find the others," Jimin said in addition, releasing you from the hug with a smile.

 

 

Back